“Great Access to Union Station Downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Access to Union Station Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

While this is a very good hotel close to O'Hare, I use it for my work downtown near Willis (Sears) Tower. They have shuttle back and forth to O'Hare shuttle center where you can take the Blue line into town ...BUT the gem and not even the desk could give me information of the Metra Train one block away (think Walk) to the O'Hare Transfer Station. 4.75 to Union Station and not the hassle of O'Hare shuttle center and waiting for hotel shuttle.

The Rooms are big, bed are super comfy, enjoy the free bottled water, food in restaurant is above average.

Recommend it for more than just O'Hare Transfer.

It would be nice if the shuttle made a stop at the Metra station when raining but like I said not really necessary as only 1 block away behind the Parking ramp.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paul C, General Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear MinnJimm
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful things about the hotel. Yes, we are very close to the Metra and it is a great way to connect to downtown Chicago! Thank you again for your feedback.
All the best,
Paul C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Last week we had a small business conference for a day and half at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare and couldn't have been more pleased. Working with Beka and Erin was easy, there were no serious issues with reservations, the service in the conference room was excellent and the food for our breakfasts and lunch was good. You have to read the contracts and work with them on some of the add on costs but they were reasonable where they had some flexibility. I'd recommend this hotel as a meeting center without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paul C, General Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear JeffR21,
I am so glad to read that your group enjoyed themselves. I also appreciate the kudos to our incredible Erin and Beka!! I really appreciate the feedback, thank you.
Best,
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel literally hundreds of times in the last 20 years. This particular stay was terrible, much worse than usual. I was given a room where the air conditioning did not function well. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk asked me if this was my first time staying there. (Don't they have a system that informs front desk personnel about frequent customers like me?) I asked for all feather pillows in my room, which I didn't get, and I had to call 2 additional times before they were finally delivered. An engineer was sent to my room to check on the air conditioning. He came and immediately told me I was wrong, the air conditioning unit was working properly, and that if I waited a couple hours, the ductless system would eventually catch up and reduce the room temperature to what would feel comfortable to me. I told him I'd already been there an hour, and there was no marked improvement. I deeply resented being told I was wrong about the room comfort level and the functionality of the air conditioning unit. Most hotels in which I stay have systems that can quickly change room temperatures. I am a Starwood Lifetime Platinum member, not some rookie traveler. I got moved at my request to a different room where the air conditioning functioned properly. When I opened the mini-refrigerator, there was a soggy towel and a pan full of water left behind in it, (see the attached picture). The fridge was being defrosted, and whoever cleaned that room forgot to finish the job. I asked for housekeeping to come up and clean the mess, and it was done half an hour later. Later, I went downstairs and asked the manager if he was aware of the messy and disgusting fridge in my new room, and he said no, and asked what happened. I showed him the picture of the soggy towel in the fridge and the pan full of water, and he apologized, though in my estimation it was a very half-hearted apology. This hotel changed management approximately a year ago, and in my estimation as a very frequent guest of the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare, it is not an improvement. It's abundantly clear that hotel infrastructure standards for guests aren't maintained very well. The wifi internet in the rooms is slow and often plagued by weak signals. The front desk personnel aren't trained very well to identify via software who might be a long-time customer (like me). Over the last year I've noticed that employees openly discuss ugly internal job issues in front of customers (especially in the restaurant and bar). They do not have a happy workforce, and most of all, I left this visit with the belief that the manager on duty the night I was there was quite indifferent to my problems. Over 20 years staying at this hotel, it goes through peaks and valleys. From my perspective, it's in a valley right now, I hope it gets better, because nearby business commitments mean I'm coming back to this hotel whether I like it or not.

Dear Signofthetimes53,
Thank you for taking the time to speak on the phone yesterday. As discussed, I am incredibly sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the Guest Services leadership team and have noted your profile, correctly, so we can arrange for the pillows you requested. Again, please know this is not indicative of the experiences we are known for providing. We all look forward to seeing you in August to regain your trust as a valued SPG member as well as a Sheraton O'Hare guest.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here with the kids for a ling Chicago weekend. We upgraded to the Sheraton Club and were treated as VIP's. The attendant in the Club was wonderful, she prepared a special breakfast plate for the kids, a total surprise! My teenage boys enjoyed the Club after dinner at night. The beds were comfy and the rooms were spacious. Definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear AnnaMaria C,

What a lovely note filled with such nice things about our Sheraton Club team. Yes, I urge more guests to upgrade. In fact, we are the only hotel in Rosemont that offers a club level. Thank you again for your feedback!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our flight got cancelled and we had stay to here and I am very pleased with the overall service with the exception of the operator that handled our call. The operator working on June 28th was very rude when we were trying to call for instructions on how to get picked up from the airport. She told us if we didnt see the driver we should take a taxi for $10. That's not what you want for a first impression and I hope a manager reads this. However the front desk manager and the rest of the staff made up for it. We were having a horrible night and a driver offered to take us to the nearest theatre because we did not know the area well to bad I don't remember his name. We really appreciated it. Stay at this hotel if you want to be close to the airport, very convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear fresh4phe,
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. More importantly about the experience you received via the phone on the 28th. I did share this feedback with the Guest Services Manager and have made immediate changes to ensure a similar occurrence does not occur in the future. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sheraton O'Hare the next time you find yourself in the area.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

After a long night of delayed flights and lost luggage, I stumbled upon this hotel. The room itself was very nice, spacious and clean, but the main reason I came to write a review is the staff. The overnight desk agent and the shuttle driver were two of the most accommodating people I have met in a long time. They both went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The night manager even let me borrow his personal cell phone charger because my charger was in my luggage that was lost. Great people with great attitudes! Worth the stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear MarieC,
I am so glad that you stumbled upon us. We are very fortunate to have you stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can ever be of service in the future please call upon me personally.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The staff is excellent. Carol made sure my son was admitted to our room when my flight was delayed. Aaron, one of the shuttle drivers, gave my son good advice on pursuing a career in culinary arts. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Access to O'Hare by shuttle was timely. We'll stay again and I recommend the Sheraton when you're in Chicago.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!