“Disrespectful Managers and overbooking events” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Alsip
“Disrespectful Managers and overbooking events”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We were staying a couple nights for a conference and the overall experience was just terrible.The hotel obviously sold more than they could handle because the staff was unable to keep up with the volume of people on the property. We brought this up to a manager named Robert as he passed through the restaurant. The only response that he gave us was don't worry Im a manager we know what we are doing. He seemed stressed by the situation but his tone and attitude was no way to speak to a customer. We brought this up to our event planner to which she will look into it. Besides the fact that he looked like he was 12 years old he should in no way be a "manager" as he was clueless on how to properly accept feedback given by an attendee. Never the less we made it through the chaos of the event with people from other groups not being directed and come to out break area and eating from the wrong set up. It didn't hurt anything but just added to the disorganization of the event as a whole. I would by no means recommend holding a function here of any kind. The prices were very cheap compared to surrounding hotels we were told but it was a clear indication of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2013
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Jennifer 1998,
I am terribly sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I am very interested to learn more about the details as we do not have a Robert on our management team. If you would like to share more I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I truly appreciate the feedback.
Many thanks
Paul C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

If traveling for business Ill sure recommend this hotel, very spacious rooms and amenities are nice. (Breakfast hours a little to short for me) but again, if you are working, you won't even notice a couple a small details (Shuttle only to airport / blue line, would be great to have a ride downtown ¨16 stops taking the train¨). Location is good, very close to airport, shopping mall, a couple of bars and a bunch of restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: If you like planes, request a room facing the airport.. I enjoyed it very much! (Not noisy)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PjDiaz,

It is such a treat hearing wonderful feedback like yours. I am also excited to tell you that we will soon introduce several changes to our entire Breakfast experience. We hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Chicago Ohare real soon.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Judgement a little bit effected by having to wait over 1 hour for the free collection shuttle bus to arrive at Chicago O'Hare. Considering the journey time is less than ten minutes - why so long?. Very polite female driver though.
Room and service no problem although having only drunk the complimentary bottled water my bill included a $2 charged for water - had this removed but how does it get on the bill in the first instance. All small issues but none the less an excellent hotel

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear boblocke51

I appreciate you taking the time to share specifics of your recent stay. I have already spoken with the team and shared your feedback. I also shared with Wilma, the shuttle driver, your kind words. We appreciate you and look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Chicago OHare real soon. Warm regards
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I used this hotel for 2 consecutive weekends in October.
The hotel is convenient to the Airport and it has great rates on weekends. The property is in good shape and the rooms are all suites. Nice property overall.
However, because this is an overflow airport and conference hotel, the service is lacking. There is no attention to detail.
For instance, we had a breakfast package, but the vouchers were not given to us until the second or the third day. They never made up for it even though they promised to do it. We also had extra charges that we did not recognized.
As a platinum member you do not get any recognition.
I contacted the manager. Never got a reply back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear ToniCTravelAmenniti,

Please accept my sincere apology for not being able to exceed your expectations. The details of your feedback are very concerning to me. I have met with the Director of Guest Services already and have taken immediate action to ensure this does not repeat.

If I can earn your trust back on your next trip to Chicago please call me directly.

Very best,
Maryland Heights, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

It is a very good hotel to stay and the cost is pretty much less when compared to expensive hotels in downtown. Room was pretty big and they are well maintained. There is extra charge for parking. Our stay was very nice

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Venkatesan,
I'm so happy to read your wonderful feedback! Thank you for sharing! Please know that I am available if I may ever assist with reservations for your next trip to Chicago.

All the best,
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My partner and I are both SPG Gold members. We have stayed at many Sheratons in the past few years, enjoying most of them. This one is special. Though not advertised in the name, it is an all suite hotel. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed with a super-comfy bed, great shower and bathroom and plenty of storage. The suite style room also had a fridge and coffee/tea maker. There were two flat screens, one in the living room, one in the bedroom.. We paid a little extra to stay on the Club Level on the top floor. This gives us a quieter top floor room, slightly upgraded room appointments and unlimited access to the Club Lounge.

The Club Lounge at this property was the best we've experienced to date. It had a nice variety of snacks and beverages 24/7. An expanded continental breakfast is served complimentary each morning including at least 1 hot item. They also served hor d'oeurves each afternoon around happy hour.

The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful for what few needs we had (we are not overly needy travelers). The young lady in the Club Lounge was especially nice.

The location is minutes away from O'Hare Airport with a frequent free shuttle. We liked that Enterprise rent-a-car is right across the street from the hotel. We opted to take the hotel shuttle from/to the airport. Because of this, we were able to cut one day off our car rental and avoid having to return the car before a morning flight home.

In summary, if you are looking for a great location, reasonable price and consistent comfort and service, this will be a great place to stay while visiting the Chicago area.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the Club floor, it is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Randy S,
Wow! Thank you for the wonderful feedback!
I will be sure to post your note for all to see. It really does make a difference, thank you!!!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I attended a one-day conference at this hotel this past weekend, so my visit was not an overnight stay. There were 3 other conferences going on at the same time.

This hotel charges its guests and conference attendees for parking. I guess I can understand, to a point, being so close to O'Hare, they want to make sure they don't get people off the street parking in their teeny-tiny lot.

So, when it came time for lunch, we had 1 hour and decided to eat in the hotel, rather than have to find decent lunch facilities near O'Hare AND have to deal with paying in and out parking for the hotel.

The lunch staff was obviously not prepared. There was literally 2 people taking orders, one woman whom I truly felt bad for at first, until she started making excuses. There were 4 of us in our group and we figured ordering salads would be the quickest and simplest.

Boy, were we wrong. As soon as she took our orders, she brought us the checks! AND she hadn't even brought us water yet. We wound up getting our own water. It then took 40 minutes to get our salads, which were then brought in a small pasta bowl, because they had run out of clean salad bowls.

There were people who ordered cooked foods after us and got their food before us. We definitely questioned the amount of salad in our dishes because there was no way that it was the equivalent of what other guests received in the regular salad bowls.

Our hostess kept making excuses for the kitchen staff, which is completely unprofessional in the hospitality industry.

She offered us a free coffee 'to-go' instead of reducing the price of our meal. I wound up throwing the coffee away as it tasted like it had been sitting in the pot for hours. The salad portion we were served were definitely not worth what we paid.

Not a great experience at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear PattyG,

On behalf of the entire Food and Beverage team please accept our sincere apologies for your recent experience. I will certain to share this with the Executive Chef along with the restaurant service staff.
I appreciate to the time you took to share everything. It really does make a difference so we can implement immediate changes.
Thank you again.
Paul Cardona

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!