“Nickle dime you to death.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Apple River, Illinois
“Nickle dime you to death.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

There are good things about this hotel. The décor was nice The suites were comfortable. The HVAC system was quiet. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and a bit bigger than some hotels. The overall environment was good however, check inn was terrible. I was in line to check in at 2:10 pm. There was one person at the desk helping someone order something for somebody. After about 10 minutes, I think he was the desk manager, went to the back to get someone else on the desk. When I was finally able to check in at 2:25 I asked for two keys and was given one. I didn't realize I had one key until I parked the car so get back in line to get the second key. When I got to the room, the second key did not work so I had to go back to the desk, get back in line to get a working second key. As far as parking it cost $12.00 to park in the hotel lot; otherwise to have to park in a remote lot and walk back to the hotel. $9.95 for Wi-Fi service. I did not get it. The menu prices were outrageous so we went out to eat. The hotel seem to cater to business clientele. The surrounding area was just plain ugly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to provide us feedback on the hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. However, the front desk delays are inexcusable and this particular example has been addressed with the front desk team. We sincerely apologize that you were delayed. That being said, we are working very hard to ensure everyone is receiving the same consistent, extraordinary service. We hope you choose to stay with us again so we can show you the true way we treat our guests at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. With regard to the parking, internet and restaurant charges, we apologize you were not happy with our pricing structure. I can say though, we are very competitively priced with all of the other full service hotels in the market. We try very hard to make sure we are competitive and we apologize for that inconvenience. Thank you again for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here and could never connect to the Internet service notwithstanding several requests.The restaurant was decent, and television channels were good.I would recommend this to only tourists who would like a digital detox if necessary.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We sincerely apologize that you had poor internet service in the hotel. I can tell you though, we have heard the call and just upgraded the connection. The installation will be complete this week. With this upgrade we will double our bandwidth and we are strengthening our access points to accommodate the flow of internet activity on a given night. Should you choose to visit the Rosemont area again i think you would be pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of our high speed internet service. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Fairfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I don't normally write any reviews, but this time I couldn't just set back and not give this hotel and the staff any credit for the great experience we had.
Lindsey, Christina, Andre and everyone in that hotel sure know how to make a customer happy. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was pleasant.
One thing to change maybe is the breakfast buffet, $18 a person is a little too much for only 4 or 5 items.
I highly recommend this hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for writing such a great review for the hotel. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we are very happy to have Lindsay, Christina and Andres as well. I will make sure to let them know they were recognized on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you again for your review!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice hotel in the '90s. Wall paper, sliding glass shower doors, interior doors showing their age (peeling, sliding off the hinges or getting stuck). The base price is competitive but internet, parking and breakfast are add-ons ($10/day for internet, $12/day parking and $18 buffet breakfast). Across the street at the Holiday Inn express internet, breakfast and parking is included. The room is large and comfortable. The bed is good and the curtains block out the light. Not noisy even though across the street from the airport. Staff is friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again but I think there are better options in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. We are glad that you had a decent stay but our goal is to make sure you have an outstanding stay. We will need to work a little harder on that and this is how these reviews service. Our hotel cannot improve without your honest feedback. That being said, we just completed a full hotel renovation of every guest room, common area and meeting room no less than a year ago. If you could let us know what room you occupied I would like to get a service ticket in as soon as possible to repair any inconsistencies. Thank you for your kind words about our amenities and features. We hope to welcome you back again to show you we can far exceed your expectations and become the better option for your next stay!
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport, they have own shuttle bus to and from running in every 30 min. First mistake I had at the airport to hop on the Hotel Four Points by Sheraton's bus, that is taking you to a different hotel. My mistake.. Took a cab from there. The hotel gym was under renovation while I stayed there just as part of the hotel. Therefore they paid the gym in the local club which was huge and located a block away. The rooms were standard, for business rooms the standard coffee, tea, etc. was supplied. They had a privilege room for VIP customers on the top floor with goodies, means like yogurt, soft drinks, business corner, etc. The reception made a mistake that they forgot to tell me that there is this corner in the hotel and I can use it, so after 2 nights I had the first chance (different key card needed). For this I rate he service bad. Otherwise a standard airport hotel, that is NOT directly linked to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare! We are very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you got everything you needed. However, I do apologize that you were not made aware of the SPG Club Lounge on the top floor of the hotel. Being that the Club Level is one of our most important features it should have been the first thing they mentioned! Nonetheless, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to potentially welcoming you back the next time you are in the Rosemont area. Thank you for your time and consideration!
Rosemont, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for a couple nights with my boyfriend and will not be returning. The hotel looks good on the website and again when you walk into the lobby but that all stops there. The air conditioning was absolutley terrible to which I had to all the front desk repeatedly to have "turned on". We were double charged for one of our nights on top of a deposit that they hold. Over $600 being held on my card after check in for a less than a $300 stay. It took 4 phone calls and an entire week to get all of that rectified. The guest services manager that works the a.m. is just plain rude. He definitley does not want to be there. The owners must not be very bright for making a hiring decision like that. The website is very misleading as it says addmittance to a local gym is inlcuded in the rate this is nor true. The free parking that is included is also about a 1/4 mile a way; walk or you are forced to pay $12 a night. Avoid this hotel at all costs, bad experiences for sale.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We certainly apologize that you had a negative experience in the hotel service. As a management staff we try to work very hard at perfecting our service qualities. I absolutely will bring this up to the rest of our management team as an example we need to make improvement.
We do maintain a large parking lot around the perimeter of the hotel and that lot does run $12 a night for parking. We apologize that this was an inconvenience for you during your stay. We do try to remain extremely competitive with our parking rates compared to the other full service hotels in the market.
With regard to the fitness center, I will speak with our field marketing team to establish the wording on our site. Essentially, it is supposed to reflect that we have a fitness center on site that offers complimentary access for each guest. It certainly does not mean that we offer free access to any local fitness centers. That is our fault for having confusion literature and we will look to have that enhanced. Thank you again for your review. It truly does make a difference when we are given areas to improve. It will only enhance our ability to raise our customer service to the next level!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

From the front desk staff to the maintenance workers to the drivers of the airport shuttle, the individuals who work at this Sheraton could teach customer satisfaction and friendliness to other hotels. In particular, a young lady in the event planning/catering area was helpful in meeting my particular drink needs (caffeine free and diet soda) at the conference. The entire catering team was superb. In addition, when my keycards failed to work on day 2 of my 3 day stay, Narda at the front desk pleasantly replaced after profuse apologies (I was mad). The workout area could be significantly upgraded which is the only reason not rating this as excellent across the board.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking time to write us a review! It is very rewarding to hear that our customer service was off the charts during your stay. Narda is a very important part of our team as is all of our front desk agents. I will be sure to pass along the compliment. In light of the fitness center, I do have some great news that we are currently in plans to rebuild a brand new fitness center! We will be locating the new facility on the first floor (west end of the building) where the pool used to be situated. A roughly 2,000 sq ft room will be remodeled to accommodate new equipment and a fully upgraded facility. We hope to see you again, especially after the fitness center completion in early 2014. Thank you again!

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!