“Great Hotel to stay before the long trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great Hotel to stay before the long trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed a night before our 30hrs of trip with my family (two children). We have stayed many hotels so far, and this hotel is definitely on our top list. The checking in process was quick and smooth enough. and the parking lot for hotel stayer is simple and really close to the main entrance. We had a room service. the food was actually better than other hotel we have been. The only thing that I wanted to see more improvements are 1. the phone in the room was not working fine, so I had hard time to ask for the room service and 2. The information of hotel paper was not in good condition the cover page and the last page was on the floor.

The condition of the room is good overall. the coffee pot was clean enough to use. our children were enjoying the stay.

Room Tip: book with SPG, which makes really quick.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the hotel! We do have a system in place to monitor and audit our guest rooms to ensure things are working properly and consistently. That does not excuse the fact that your telephone was insufficient and we apologize for that inconvenience. It is the little things that make the difference for our guests. This issue has been reported to the appropriate department in the hotel and we will work to ensure that is not a problem moving forward. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you at the hotel again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This at one time was one of my favorites in Chicago. That opinion is changing quickly. Rooms and facility are fine. They lack all forms of customer service. Sinks in room wouldn't drain....so what they have no concern. Wireless Internet service is non existent ...and on a business trip you really need to be able to connect. Once agains pleas for help are ignored and then they charge you for service you did not receive. You have to watch your bill closely. In spite of group contract they charge you for items that are covered. Front desk staff is non responsive to needs. Simply asking for copy to be made is a major task.

Room Tip: Xif traveling for business you many want to reconsider
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Though we are very apologetic that you did not receive satisfactory service I do want to thank you for writing a response. There is no excuse for not receiving immediate attention to any requests. We certainly don't want you to leave with a negative opinion, especially considering we have been one of your favorite hotels over the course of your travel. Please take my contact info and if you ever have a concern you are welcome to personally contact me for any comments or requests (847-699-3516). We truly hope to see you again so we can prove that we are still the same hotel you enjoyed in previous trips!
Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked and paid for the room in advance. I thought it was a good deal until I checked my bank account. Even though I told the guy at the front desk I had already paid, he still felt the need to charge me another $380. I tried to tell another lady at the front desk when I was checking out about this and she tried to play dumb at first until I showed her my bank statement. Then she assured me it would be refunded. Long story short, they still haven't refunded me. DO NOT STAY THERE.

Not to mention you have to pay for parking unless you want to walk two blocks to the free parking. And the lights in the bathroom didnt work. And their food is WAY overpriced. $9 for oatmeal?! Are u kidding??

• Stayed August 2013
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. First, I would like to address the billing situation. You definitely should have received a more proactive response on the spot and I apologize that you were less than satisfied. More importantly, if you have still not received a refund that is a very serious situation and I would like you to contact management immediately for resolution (847-699-3516). That is not something we take lightly and you most certainly should not still be waiting for this to be corrected. Regarding our pricing, we do try to remain competitive with all of the other full service properties in the market on all aspects of service from food & beverage to parking. That being said, we apologize that our services were less than satisfactory. Thank you for your time and consideration. Your review is very helpful in correcting any issues.
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Room is okay. The faucet makes a bubbling noise and the toilet runs for 20 min after a single flush. The TV in my room was fuzzy. Wifi is 10.00 a night and is 1999 slow (think America On Line), parking is also 13.00 for every 24 hours. Tonight there IS NO parking outside. I went to the front desk where a nice receptionist was busy flirting with two guys and told me there wasn't anything she could do. (I have already paid for parking for the duration of my stay) Another individual parked his mini UHAL and took up 5 spaces when I told her, she said 'so I've heard' but couldn't do anything because she didn't know what room he was in. She did validate my parking (only for today). I was instructed to park with my small children in a parking lot by the Holiday Inn. (why didn't I just stay there if I had to park by them!) We had to cross a busy street with two toddlers and FINALLY to our room. If I would have known they didn't have free FAST wifi or enough parking to accommodate all their guest I would have stayed ANYWHERE else. The front desk has not been very nice or helpful AT ALL and I would never stay at a Sheraton again. No parking, wifi sucks, staff unhelpful! STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! AVOID THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: Here's a tip, stay at the Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We truly apologize that you did not have a positive experience upon your stay at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. You should have received a more proactive response to your parking issue and that has been addressed with the Front Desk Manager. We do have a satellite structure located in our corporate lot and it is primarily used for overflow when sporadically our main parking lot fills. With small children you should have been offered options such as a shuttle ride. With regard to parking and internet charges, we do try to remain competitive in our pricing with every other full service property in the market. Though you did not take away a very good experience we do appreciate that you took time to let us know about your experience. It is as important as ever to make sure that we strengthen our weaknesses every chance we get and your review will help us pinpoint any areas that need attention. Thank you again for your time and consideration.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Not sure why there would be such concern on the part of other travellers. I am picky as hell about rooms and there was nothing negative about my two-room suite on the 8th floor. It was very clean, no smells and who cares about the decor as long as it's quiet and I can sleep.

Food was good and the atrium bar was active even at 11:30 at night. The body clock was upside down due to a lot of flying and I requested a late check out the night before which was granted. That allowed me to sleep from about 4am-11am and the catch the timely shuttle back to ORD.

The caring staff with some real travelers' insights gets the hotel the 5th dot. They also assisted with a variation at check in that avoided any issues. Plus, when the shuttle drive has been there for over 25 years, it seems the place has to be pretty good. (Good Luck to the new manager as well)

Room Tip: I think the 8th floor and above are SPG rooms. The 20s side was nice to be able to watch planes if...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review! We work really hard to ensure that our guests receive the time and attention each one deserves. We have seen several reviews regarding the decor but I can reassure you that the guest rooms, meeting space and common areas were all gutted and renovated down to the studs throughout the entire hotel last summer. Thank you again and we hope you come back to visit again soon!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

One of my two keys got deactivated, I went to front desk to get it reactivated. I did this 3x before a manager told me that if one key got reactivates then both needed to be. If the first person had simply said that it would have saved a lot of time and frustration. The room we stayed in did not have enough towels for our whole party and the bathroom was really out of date. We could not find a thermostate to change the temperature of the room, the bathroom did not have a vent so became very hot and stuffy when showering.

• Stayed August 2013
We really appreciate hearing your feedback regarding our hotel. It helps us to focus on the areas of improvement. We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience. The situation with deactivated keys is a standard procedure for any hotel and you should have been notified that the set of keys needed to be replaced. Should you or any guest need anything at all including extra towels or locating the thermostat we have a very friendly and supportive staff that are here to handle any questions or concerns a guest might have during their stay. Thank you again and we hope that you will give us a second chance to earn your respect and business should you visit the O'Hare area again!
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A perfect property for a one or maybe two night stay if you need to be in the vicinity of O'Hare Airport or Rosemont. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean and comfortable and fine for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are really proud of our recent renovation and it is great to see the hard work being noticed. Thank you again and we hope you come back to visit us at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare next time you are in the area!

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!