“Great Park and Fly Value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Daejeon, South Korea
“Great Park and Fly Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I completed a one-night stay at the Sheraton O'Hare with a Park and Fly package. As an all-suite hotel, the rooms are huge. Moreover, the hotel was clearly renovated and the furniture was mostly in great condition. Despite it's proximity to the airport, the building's insulation and Sheraton's trademark beds made it easy to sleep easy for an early flight the next morning. The shuttle both to/from the airport was prompt and with a convenient schedule (expect a shuttle every 20-30 minutes).

Two minor housekeeping details: (1) a glass from a previous guest was left outside my room and never picked up during my stay and (2) one of the bedside lamps didn't work and had a broken socket. Nevertheless, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel for another pre-flight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We greatly value your feedback and we will definitely make sure to follow-up on your points. Please also be aware that you can always call down to our great front office staff whenever you're staying with us and report any requests that you may have. We're always happy to help here at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My mum and I stayed here with my 10 month old son for one evening after flying into Chicago before driving on to Ohio. When we arrived we were very tired from our long flight and finding the entrance to the carpark was challenging however once inside it was great. We had a very smooth check in experience and on mentioning we needed a drink we got given a free drink each at the bar! A travel cot was also bought to our room for us when we requested it. We were given a suite which was bliss so my son could go in the lounge area and we could sleep in the bedroom without disturbing each other quite as much. If I was ever to go back to Chicago I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us! It is good to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and we will definitely be looking forward to a return trip from you sometime in the near future. Thank you again for your business and please take care!
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had stayed at the Sheraton O'Hara several times for business trips and I enjoyed it very much. So when I had to come back to Chicago with my wife and daughter to visit colleges in the area I decided to book two nights at the Sheraton. Both of the colleges we visited were downtown so it was very easy to take the shuttle service ( which runs every 20 minutes ) to the airport and get on the blue line to downtown. Chicago was the last leg of our college visit trip and the whole process was getting my daughter down. Information overload. However, the great breakfast buffet they serve helped boost her spirits and ordering room service on the night we arrived ( which arrived quickly ) helped as well. Still she was not sleeping well. On the first morning there we took the shuttle to the airport and my daughter said she had not slept well, blamed it on ghosts and odd noises she heard. The shuttle driver overheard our conversation and was very friendly and shared that his kids were nervous too about college visits. Well, after a long day downtown ( windy, cold day ) we returned to the hotel and my daughter found a tray with some pop/popcorn and a letter ( see attached ). My daughter was cold, tired and a bit depressed but after seeing the letter and the tray it lifted her spirits right away. She laughed for about 10 minutes and immediately posted on facebook. She spent the evening relaxing while renting her favorite movie ( Les Miserable ) and having a snack. The pop and popcorn and BOO-juice probably cost nothing to the hotel but the letter was a wonderful gift that helped my daughter ( and us ) by lifting her spirits. The even gave us a $5.00 voucher for a movie. Only someone who has gone through college visits would know the stress it could put a child under and we appreciate the touching gift by the staff. My daughter now wants to stay there every time we go to Chicago and I will continue to stay there as well both on business and pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare with us. We're so happy to hear that our staff was able to ease you and your family's minds during such a trying and stressful time. Going to visit colleges and deciding where to spend the next 4 years of your life is never an easy decision and it's rewarding for us to see how our hotel and staff played an important role in helping your daughter to relax and helped you as a parent not be so overwhelmed also. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to your future visits to our hotel! Good luck to your daughter as well and we hope she finds the college of her dreams soon!
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

pros: staff was friendly, and accommodating
free wifi in room
free appetizers in club lounge
close to airport

cons:
$15 parking fee. I can understand that downtown, but felt it was unnecessary in a suburban setting.
could not extend my rate for 2 nights because i had purchased through hotwire for 1 night. I liked my stay so much that I wanted to stay for 2 nights, but management couldn't let me stay for the same rate, so I gave my business to someone else.
no pool

Overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We're sorry that we could not get you extended for an additional night but we do look forward to hopefully seeing you at our hotel again soon!
RCGenk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night (layover at ORD) and must say that I had a great experience all-around. From a friendly smile at the reception, to great service at the bar. Rooms are spacious and have everything a business traveler needs. Except for one: a mini-bar. To some people that may not be so important but I'd like to have a drink in my room when doing email, etc... Would have been a nice touch. Now I was "forced" to sit at the bar ;)

Overall great stay. This hotel was also nicely priced when I booked so this is on the top of my list for my next layover in Chicago.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on our hotel and we're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our apologies about not having mini-bars located in our guestrooms but we do have vending machines located on each of our guestroom floors, as well as a full service gift shop located in our lobby which has just about anything you could need. We hope to see you again on your next trip into Chicago and take care!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was in Chicago for one night for the Gopher-Badger hockey game at Soldier Field in February, and stayed at the Sheraton O'Hare. The free shuttle service was timely, (which I've found is not always the case with free shuttle services) running every 30 minutes. The food at the hotel bar was fantastic. I especially recommend the shrimp and the wings! It was obvious the rooms had been recently updated with everything you could want. We used a limo service arranged by the hotel for transportation to/from Soldier, and the drivers treated us amazingly. They were courteous, safe, and flexible. I recommend this hotel to anyone flying in/out of O'Hare. Tim, Rick, and the staff deliver a truly exceptional experience. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We're so glad that you enjoyed staying at our property for your special trip to Chicago for the hockey tournament at Soldier Field! It sounds like you had a lot of fun here and we hope you'll make a return trip to the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare again soon. Be sure to check out our completely re-designed menu's as well! We've added tons of new items and we're constantly changing up our beer and wine selections. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and take care!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Business stay and was very happy with service. Check-in fast. Rooms all face a center enclosed "courtyard" which has a business center, computers, numerous couches, bar and restaurant seating. I thought it would be noisy but since all rooms are suites and the "living room" of your room faces courtyard, the bedroom area is at outer core and therefore very quiet. Beds are SUPER comfy and I am picky- but really they were so nice! Staff was quite friendly, good size fitness center, coffee/tea in room, etc. About 5 min from airport. If you actually want to visit Chicago city- not very close, stay downtown, but for quick overnight layovers etc you can't beat it.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it sounds like you had an opportunity to really explore the hotel and see everything that we have to offer, including our great Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds! We hope that you'll return to the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare again soon and we thank you for your business.

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!