“Well-run, business-friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Baltimore, MD, USA
“Well-run, business-friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Rosemont while on business in Chicago. Pickup via the hotel Shuttle was easy and timely. The trip from O'Hare is 10 - 12 minutes in normal traffic.

The lobby is crisp, clean and well-configured. Checkin was very efficient. The lobby, which was obviously recently redone, contains a restaurant and bar area called "Networks." This includes a carry-out/quick-serve station called "Networks To-Go," a sit-down restaurant and a bar area. I did note that the restaurant closes between 2 and 5pm, except for the to-go station. and room service is not available between 11am and 5pm, so if you arrive at the wrong time, getting food can be difficult.

I had a quick lunch there after arrival. The tomato soup was good, but a little cool. The chicken avocado sandwich was very good. Service was good, though they did bring out my sandwich just 5 minutes after dropping my soup off. Cost was reasonable.

The fact that this is not a new hotel was revealed in the elevators and trip to the room. While clean, some age did show. I stayed on the 4th floor and noticed - prominently - the sickly-sweet smell of cigarette smoke. I couldn't tell whether it was just held in the carpets or something fresh. But it was distinct. In my room I noted a sign that said this was a non-smoking room. I suspect that they offer some smoking rooms on the floor, as I did smell fresh smoke wafting in my room one evening. Frankly, it's been a long time since I stayed at a hotel in the US that allowed smoking in room, so it was a little off-putting.

The room itself was clean and well-appointed. Bed was comfortable and clean. The chair at the desk was not comfortable and sat very low. Wifi access was serviceable, but did cost $5 for the day, which was too much for a relatively slow connection. There is no mini-bar in the room. The bathroom was very clean. And while the materials were all low-end, they were well-maintained. Caulking was fresh, grout was in good shape and my ultimate test - behind the door - was clean.

The television package was good, though the picture quality was not great. The alarm clock was simple, easy to set and included an iPod dock (if anyone really uses those anymore).

We made use of the conference facilities, including catering. The facilities were very nice, geared toward smaller gatherings. Staff was attentive during both bar and dinner service. The catered dinner was excellent, especially the pumpkin soup and the pecan pie dessert.

All in a very good experience for a business traveler. Upscale, but definitely not a luxury property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here while in town for a meeting based on the reccomedation of some family friends. The Hyatt definitley lived up to the standards that the name thrives on. There was great friendly faces at every turn and everyone was asking if there was any way that they could be of assistance. The property itself is a little bit older but as are most airport hotels. The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt and efficient. The train downtown was fairly close and the new shopping mall was a way to burn some down time. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Corner rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Alan J,

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Rosemont. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed visiting your family friends in our area. I am delighted our hotel was able to exceed your expectations. Our employees will be recognized for the high level of service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back, as our guest, on your next visit to Rosemont.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here just one night. Arrived around 5pm to ORD international terminal, called hotel, shuttle came within 10 minutes to pick us up, drive took some 7-8 minutes, check in was fast and efficient. Room standard Hyatt room, comfortable and clean. Next morning lef around 6am, again using shuttle, did not try breakfast. Internet speed is left to be disered (especially poor wi-fi coverage), also wall are on the thin side, other that that happy with my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is an older hotel with super nice staffers. Check-in was super easy. The front desk acted like they were actually happy to see you. I have stayed in other hotels in the area and the front desk staffers can be a bit snotty. This was very refreshing. It is about a mile north of the blue line at Rosemont. Parking at the trainstation is $5 per day. Parking at the hotel is FREE!!!!!
The rooms are boring, but boring is a good thing. The room smelled clean. The bed linens were clean. Clean towels in the bathroom. The TV worked. No real complaints.
I stayed for 5 days and didn't have any problems at all, with anything. I didn't use the internet so I can not comment on whether or not it was good or bad.
The room had a mini-fridge and you could actually put things in it, once you turned it on. Watch the temperature settings. I turned it on high and froze my food.
I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant so I can not comment on it. I did have lunch at the outlet south of the hotel off of River road. Parking there is free if under 2 hours. I had lunch at the vegetarian restaurant on the ground floor. They also had fresh juice.

Room Tip: The walls are a bit thin but it did not keep me from falling asleep. The central air took a few min...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Check – in went smooth, staff was courteous and friendly, room was ready bed comfortable.
There are many hotels in the Rosemont area. The Hyatt O’Hare has a shuttle that picks up at the airport.
Hotel is near a convention center. I was there for an overnight stay so did not get to know hotel
as well as I would like too. Restaurant served food that was I thought overpriced and not that tasty.
I had the Lobster Bisque, it was bland. However the service was excellent. Greeted and promptly seated.
Upon check out to get to Chicago you can take the shuttle back to the airport or walk for 7 minutes or so to get the CTA train. OverAll a good stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Me, my wife and 3 sons stayed at this hotel for one night and we had another reservation for two nights end of our holiday, but we cancel that reservation because we didn´t get a rollaway to our room because of fire safety reasons. We would have got a crip, but our youngest son is 7 years old. =) So i slept on the floor that night with out mattress
When i made the reservation i knew that there is only 2 queen beds, but i thought i can get a rollaway bed too. The hotel should notify the customer if they have some safety reason on their website...especially a rollaway beds.
Otherwise the hotel was really nice, service was good and friendly and everything was pretty clean and location was pretty good...(near airport and they have free shuttle to airport too) free parking and etc so it was sad that we had to cancel that reservation.

I put sleeping quality "very good" because bed was pretty good where rest of my family slept. Floor was little bit hard... =)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place for company meeting. Very clean, excellent staff. They met every need with a smile. Nice lounge for cocktails in the evening. Food was very good in banquet rooms for lunch and breakfast. Walking distance to casino and restaurants. Easy access on/off highway

• Stayed September 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi BreannMarie!

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Rosemont. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced during your visit. I will provide your feedback about your delicious meals to our Executive Chef. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the Windy City!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Rosemont? Share your experiences!