“Good Basic Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Houston, Texas
“Good Basic Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Check – in went smooth, staff was courteous and friendly, room was ready bed comfortable.
There are many hotels in the Rosemont area. The Hyatt O’Hare has a shuttle that picks up at the airport.
Hotel is near a convention center. I was there for an overnight stay so did not get to know hotel
as well as I would like too. Restaurant served food that was I thought overpriced and not that tasty.
I had the Lobster Bisque, it was bland. However the service was excellent. Greeted and promptly seated.
Upon check out to get to Chicago you can take the shuttle back to the airport or walk for 7 minutes or so to get the CTA train. OverAll a good stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Me, my wife and 3 sons stayed at this hotel for one night and we had another reservation for two nights end of our holiday, but we cancel that reservation because we didn´t get a rollaway to our room because of fire safety reasons. We would have got a crip, but our youngest son is 7 years old. =) So i slept on the floor that night with out mattress
When i made the reservation i knew that there is only 2 queen beds, but i thought i can get a rollaway bed too. The hotel should notify the customer if they have some safety reason on their website...especially a rollaway beds.
Otherwise the hotel was really nice, service was good and friendly and everything was pretty clean and location was pretty good...(near airport and they have free shuttle to airport too) free parking and etc so it was sad that we had to cancel that reservation.

I put sleeping quality "very good" because bed was pretty good where rest of my family slept. Floor was little bit hard... =)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place for company meeting. Very clean, excellent staff. They met every need with a smile. Nice lounge for cocktails in the evening. Food was very good in banquet rooms for lunch and breakfast. Walking distance to casino and restaurants. Easy access on/off highway

• Stayed September 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi BreannMarie!

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Rosemont. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced during your visit. I will provide your feedback about your delicious meals to our Executive Chef. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the Windy City!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

During my five night stay at this hotel I was able to get a good feel for it and overall was left disappointed. However in the interest of fairness here is my usual balanced review.

Here's what I liked/the good bits:
The service from the staff in the restaurant and in the conference rooms was simply superb. In the restaurant they were friendly, swift and efficient. In the conference rooms they moved with virtually unnoticeable efficiency. Fresh water, coffee and pastries magically appeared with no disturbance or nonsense during breaks. In fact, they were so efficient at clearing plates during our corporate breakfasts and lunches that often your plate was whipped away while you were still chewing the final mouthful. I had to hang onto my plate more than once when I wanted a second helping of the food as a waiter attempted to whisk it away from me as I was still chewing. Just a little too efficient sometimes! The hotel itself has quite nice decor and is well situated close to Chicago O'Hare airport. In my room, which was of average standard, the shower was hot and the water plentiful. There was a good sized safe in the room and a large TV. I particularly liked the hotel's outside terrace, flooded with sun in the afternoon on a warm Autumnal day and it helped me counter my jet lag very nicely.

Here however, were the not very impressive bits:
I arrived into the International terminal and dutifully called the hotel (as they advise on their website) to request a shuttle transfer. I was told it would be 15 minutes - in fact I was told that three times during the hour I waited and called to chase the bus, which eventually turned up over an hour after my first call. People were coming and going around me and other hotel courtesy buses came past two or even three times whilst I waited, getting quite fed up after an 8-hour flight. To be fair, the hotel offered to reimburse me for a taxi and I finally gave in and walked to the huge taxi queue, just in time to finally see the little pink minibus of the Hyatt whizz by, leaving me to run towards the unhappy driver, pleading "please telll him to wait!" into the phone to the hotel on the other end. Not a great start and had they told me it would be an hour I wouldn't have wasted my time. The hotel driver was grumpy (seemingly at having to come to the International terminal), but soon warmed up as he started his apparently well-rehearsed but nevertheless useful patter. The hotel offered me free Wifi in my room as an apology for the transfer nightmare, but only when I mentioned I'd seen In-room Wifi was chargeable on Tripadvisor reviews. Had they charged me for that I would have felt their customer service was non-existant. Perhaps it was my threat of being in Reception at 3am in my pyjamas thanks to jet lag to do business online with Europe and check emails that clinched it, but thankfully I at last felt welcomed and a valued customer.

My room was a good size, but the decor was tired. There was no electrical point next to the bed, which is not helpful for people like me who use their mobile phone as an alarm clock. There were plenty of towels in the room, but they were thin, scratchy and old. My toiletries were somewhat sparse and not replenished daily. The temperature in the restaurant was also freezing cold, with the aircon turned down so low that I ate my meals wrapped up in a pashmina, despite it being over 30degrees outside.

So, overall I was pretty disappointed as I expect a better standard from Hyatt. It wasn't cheap but I really hope to be able to return to the far superior Intercontinental nearby in future. Such a shame as the photos on the Hyatt website looked so tempting. If you arrive into the International terminal I would strongly advise you get a taxi.

• Stayed September 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide candid feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff restaurant and conference staff to be friendly and efficient. I’m glad that you enjoyed the décor of the hotel, as well as the terrace. I am sorry that you had such an extended wait for the shuttle. I know how important it is to have a smooth transfer to the hotel after such a long flight and I’m sorry you had this delay. I’m happy to hear that the front desk was able to provide you with free WiFi for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your comments regarding your airport transfer to our Executive Management teams so that they can be addressed with our staff. Your comments regarding the room will be considered when the time comes for the next renovation. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the excellent customer service which is indicative of Hyatt.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Rosemont for a 2 night business conference.

The complimentary airport shuttle driver was very informative on the short ride to the hotel from O'Hare, giving information and answering questions the entire way. Check in was quick and friendly staff. My room (king bed) was spacious and clean, with a large bathroom. I found the hotel to be very quiet and the bed exceptionally comfortable.

The conference was held in the hotel and the food provided was exceptional. Staff were very attentive during the meals and reception. The meeting room had water and staff refreshed glasses and carafes during breaks.

Rivers Casino is across the street and I wandered over for a drink my first evening there. Lots of eating selections there if you arrive late.

I would highly recommend booking your business conference here. Close proximity to the airport, free shuttle and overall a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Khloe44,

I appreciate you taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Rosemont. Our employees will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced upon arrival and during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and the Hyatt Grand Beds. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to the Chicago-land area.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Sterling, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The wife and I spent last Saturday night there because we had a 6:30 AM flight the next morning. The room was very clean and spacious and the bed very comfortable.
The staff was very friendly and personable and we had a fun time having cocktails at the bar.
Also it's just across the street from Rivers Casino which gave us something to do other than just watch TV and drink all night lol.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Hello goldengreeke,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. We are delighted you found our hotel to be a great location and convenient for your early flight! We will be sure to recognize our staff for the amazing effort they put into providing you with awesome service! We hope you will join us on your next visit to Rosemont!

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is good for a one night, max 2 nights, stay as it is close (only it seems) to the airport.
The best part being the free shuttle and the nice staff, otherwise, it is far from being of Hyatt standard.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Rosemont? Share your experiences!