“Decent place, needs some TLC in furnishings...” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
New York City, New York
“Decent place, needs some TLC in furnishings...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I were staying overnight between a flight and visiting relatives. The van driver from O Hare was a huge repository of information about the hotel, left nothing to the imagination. Check in was quick, the room was quiet, bed good. Looks like the owners have not put too much money in the rooms for a long time. Nice to have a flat screen tv, but awkwardly placed without the armoire.
Carpeting and cabinetry look like they are in sore need of updating.

NOTE: there is no swimming pool here, there IS a health club.

Food service was good, option of takeaway, room service or dining, but the dining room closes at 10pm, room service and bar at 111PM. For an airport property at an intentional gateway, there should be later options for hot food of some sort.

Staff seemed well trained and pleasant.

Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor, NOT overlooking the casino...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

For around 100 we were able to get a good nights rest in a comfy bed, enjoy a walkin marble shower, park for free in their garage for up to 14 days, and ride stress free in their airport shuttle. On the other hand, the front desk service was okay and breakfast was not available when we left the morning of our flight. I will stay here again when flying.

• Stayed June 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel so convenient for your early morning flight. Our Park and Fly package is wonderful for guests who need to leave their car while they travel and our complimentary airport shuttle makes it even more convenient. I am sorry to hear that you had to leave before our Networks restaurant opened at 6 AM. I hope that when you stay with us again that you will have the opportunity to try breakfast there. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Overall, the hotel has the right stuff for a short stay near O'Hare: comfortable bed, nice sized rooms, nice bathroom amenities... I had been in the room for a couple of minutes before I noticed, and if it wasn't one o'clock in morning and I wasn't exhausted from my long flight, I would have switched rooms - because it stunk of cigarettes. The room was quite clean but if you're a non-smoker, you definitely smell it - everywhere. I was ticked, but too darned tired to deal with it.

I am sure the hotel has non-smoking rooms. I highly recommend upon check-in, that you verify your room is a non-smoking one beforehand - unless you are a smoker. If you are a smoker, this place is for you - enjoy!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs - O'Hare noise... also, verify smoking/non-smokin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night before an early morning flight. It's very reasonable priced, has covered parking, and a shuttle,that runs to O'Hare around the clock. The rooms were nice and spacious. And it's close enough to a Giordano's that they deliver!

When you get back to O'Hare after your flight, be sure to allow plenty of time from the airport back to the hotel. We did nd up waiting about 30 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up, which we hadn't anticipated.

We will definitely keep this hotel as an option for future stays!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Rosemont for your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the convenience of our location to the airport to be perfect for your travel. It is great to hear that you found your room to be well appointed and spacious. Your kind words are greatly appreciated as well as your recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently stayed here and I liked the rooms - very clean. This was also close to the airport and I got a very good rate at this hotel. This property is right across River Casino, which is probably a decent entertainment option around here.
I had requested a non-smoking room, which I got when I checked-in. But on reaching the floor and also the during night, I was feeling very uneasy as I was constantly smelling smoke in my room and the corridor. So next day, I asked the hotel reception about this and they said the smoking rooms were far away (but I was getting the smoke right in front of my room!). Also, when I said I am allergic to this smoke and requested they give me another room on a non-smoking floor, the reception staff were very harsh in saying no ( I would have accepted a polite no!) and said if I wanted, I should stay beyond 10am and keep checking with him. How can I stay there waiting for a non-smoking room in a non-smoking floor - wouldn't I have other things to do? I was also disappointed that even during check-in they were no information given to me that one room was on a smoking floor and if that was okay with me. Hyatt prides so much, but I feel the brand is being let down by such incidents. I am not sure that this treatment is meted out to folks who book using third party sites and not through Hyatt.com.
Also, there were limited channels on the TV that was very clear too. The business center also requires payment for print outs and computer access. I have stayed in many different Hotel brands and I can definitely say that Hyatt is not living up to the mark.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker: Ensure in advance that you need a non-smoking room in a non-smoking floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because I had an early morning flight the next day. The hotel is relatively close to the airport. There is a free shuttle bus going every half hour (on the hour/half hour) from the airport to the hotel and back.
The hotel room is clean and spacious enough for at least one person. The restaurant on the 1st floor offers a sit down part or you can just buy something small to eat or drink. The menu offers quality food and variety.
The personnel is friendly and helpful. There is someone available day and night.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My flight schedule was canceled and I got a voucher to stay in this hotel.
At 11:00p.m. everything in the "restaurant" was closed. The lady in the lobby Maria, recommended me 2 restaurants to use my dinner voucher. I called to the restaurant and when my food arrived the guy told me they only accepts vouchers from other company that was a mistake from Maria for telling me that.
I needed to print a bus ticket. I asked in the lobby and the Maria told me they were not allowed to do that. First time I got this answer in a hotel. I went to the "business center" and had to pay almost 8 bucks for 15 minutes of internet + 1 print. No internet included. The tv channels are awful so I paid $10.00 for internet and it is worst than 2G. Got stuck watching one video at 144p.

Cons:
Terrible service
Terrible business service
Awfull tv channels
No internet
Expensive services (internet, use of printer)
Expensive internet and completely awful for the price

Pros:
you are not sleeping outside.

I've been here 3 hours and I'm hating this hotel, and so far I'm not paying for the room (which at 70 - 80 bucks is expensive for what you get !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this stay. I assure you that we will take steps to ensure that our lists of which restaurants accept vouchers are up-to-date so that guests are not provided with incorrect information. I will also forward your comments regarding the internet being too slow to the appropriate parties so that this can be looked into. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Rosemont? Share your experiences!