“Outstanding service from the start” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
LaGrange, Georgia
“Outstanding service from the start”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was so surprised when our shuttle driver welcomed us onboard when we were picked up @ the airport. He not only greeted us, but told us about the hotel, the train and surrounding areas. This was all done without anyone asking. I've never had that happen before. Check in was a breeze and the front desk people were attentive and helpful. The room was spotless, very comfortable and quiet. The only downside is no free internet; even at the business center. You can print your boarding pass though @ a kiosk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're thrilled to hear our shuttle driver went above and beyond your expectations. We will be sure to pass on your compliments. It's great to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Got a good price for a quick layover in ORD.
Very quiet, very clean, comfortable room. Great van service. Overall it was wonderful.
Areas for improvement.....
Have coffee available on a table in the lobby for us early departures,
Stop charging $10 for low speed Internet. It should be free at a nice place like this.

• Stayed September 2012
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel with my hubby. I got a deal with free breakfast and it was amazing! no Issues what so ever, the bed is super comfy, free parking on top of that in the parking garage.

Room was clean and reallly nice. I would definately stay here again!

we rented a car so it took us like 20-25 to downtown!
it is a very peaceful and safe area, next to a casino

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I’m excited to read that you had a really enjoyable stay at our property. It’s great that you found your room to be very clean and the Hyatt Grand bed to be super comfortable. Thank you for sharing you feedback with us. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Hyatt Rosemont Hotel is a fairly nondescript looking hotel in a bevy of architectural behemoths near O’Hare Airport. It sits on a corner lot with its entrance on the side street. Were it not for ground signage, travelers without reservations looking to find a hotel at the last minute might well pass it by.

On closer inspection, the Hyatt Rosemont appeared to be a refurbished older property but is in no way tattered or patchwork. The makeover is quite acceptable but not gaudy or glitzy. This Hyatt property should certainly be considered as lodging accommodations when flying in and out of O’Hare.

The room I stayed in was comparable to those of better quality motels; large enough not to feel squinchy and clean enough to feel comfortable for the night. The ambience was not elegant but most acceptable. A portion of the entrance carpet to my room needed to be replaced and the bathroom tub/shower reflected recent caulking. Wastebaskets lacked customary plastic bag inserts and there was only one additional blanket in the closet for the two bed room. The housekeeping supervisor was most accommodating in providing these additional items quickly. The air conditioner thermostat did not immediately respond to change of temperature setting and the house engineer had to be called to correct the problem: traveler error. For the room charge, there was no mini-refrigerator or microwave. The only chair in the room was a desk chair which made television viewing awkward.

From my window, I could see the Rivers Casino across the side street. The casino is a sprawling complex of restaurants and gambling floor space and an easy five minute walk from the Hyatt Rosemont depending on how anxious one is to settle into the gambling or dining scene.

Walking to the Rosemont “Blue Line” station in order to travel to O’Hare Airport or into the city is perhaps a 15-20 minute walk. In inclement, wintry or excessively hot weather, such a stroll is probably not the most practical means of accessing CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) transportation. The hotel has a shuttle bus which transports and picks up passengers using O’Hare Airport. The shuttle pickup site is outside the Hilton Airport Hotel and has signage directing passengers where to stand.

The Hyatt Rosemont has a restaurant located near the main lobby. The only meal which I ate at the hotel was the breakfast buffet on a weekday morning. It was not a full-flung gastronomic banquet, but the choices of food were varied, nicely prepared and tasty. The buffet line was easily navigated and tables were attended by pleasant wait staff. Many guests appeared to take advantage of this morning culinary offering priced at $14.95.

It’s difficult to guess at the demographics of travelers who stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. It’s probably within reason to conjecture that there are a fair number of guests who frequent the casino across the street because of its close proximity to the hotel. This reviewer is not informed as to comparative pricing of the Hyatt Rosemont; but as airport accessibility is a big factor in selecting hotels in the Rosemont area, it’s safe also safe to assume that both flight personnel and business as well as casual travelers looking for an easy and brief commute to the airport would likely choose the Hyatt Rosemont as their overnight lodging. One should be encouraged to consider this unobtrusive Rosemont area hostelry when traveling to Chicago.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
stanwood,iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed only the night but loved that parking was free so close to O'hare! Can't find that at such nice hotel plus it has great shuttle service to airport. I would stay again for a Park Sleep n Fly for sure. It is a very decent Hotel for the price i find one of the BEST VALUES so I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. I usually ask for a top floor room away from road as possible so I never have had an issue with noise. I had a very nice and quiet stay.

Room Tip: Great for a Park Sleep n Fly!! parking is free!!! and the rooms are very nice too. Nothing wrong.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I decided to stay here on my very first trip to Chicago. I choose this hotel for several reasons, the first one being the price. Got an excellent deal online. The second was it's location to the CTA rail station. It's about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away, which to meant that I could leave my car at the hotel and walk to the rail station which brings me to my third reason for staying there, free parking! I only drove my car once my entire stay (3 nights).

The hotel itself is very nice. The front desk clerk was polite and eager to help with any questions I had about Chicago. The rooms are very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable! I really enjoyed my stay and will be staying here again on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear trippin4sho:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Rosemont. It's great to hear you chose our hotel for your first trip to Chicago! Your comments about our amenities are greatly appreciated. Our employees will be recognized for the helpful service they provided during your visit. We can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit to the city!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here with my mother before our trip to Washington DC, largely selecting it because of the free shuttle to O'Hare and the car storage option. We arrived at the hotel early (11:00 am) to do some shopping in Chicago. We were able to take the airport shuttle to O'Hare and hop on the el there instead of walking to the nearest stop in Rosemont, which I thought was nice considering we weren't using the shuttle for airport-related reasons.

When we got back to the hotel to check in, Rawan was incredibly friendly. When she realized we had a 6 am flight the next morning she told us to go and pick out our breakfast items ahead of time so we could still have some breakfast and not miss the deal entirely. Other hotels I've stayed at have never compensated for any breakfast missed due to an early check-out. When out flight was delayed later that night (thank goodness for that telephone call!), Rawan excitedly told us that now we could get the normal breakfast. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I was so surprised to see other reviewers say that it was horrible service. One of our shuttle drivers was a little gruff, but other than that everyone was efficient, helpful, and polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: This isn't really for choosing a good room, but if you have the rewards card you get your choice...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're delighted you and your mother enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It's great to hear Rawan made your experience more enjoyable and offer you an early breakfast. Your recommendation is our highest compliment. We look forward to your next visit.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Rosemont? Share your experiences!