“Adequate business hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Adequate business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

A functional business hotel - rooms clean and spacious. Reasonable restaurant / bar area with helpful and friendly staff. We stayed there for a conference, but would not be convenient for Downtown Chicago.

• Liked — clean and spacious
  • Disliked — hotel out of the way.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Naples
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

I was more than pleased with my 3 night stay at this hotel. Checkin-checkout were both professional, friendly and efficient. What impressed me most was the condition of my room and bath....both, first rate. Housekeeping was superior. The only downer (not the fault of this hotel directly) was unacceptible behavior/driving skills of the shuttle drivers.

Stayed August 2007
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

On a recent trip to Chicago, my flight was getting in late so I stayed here the first night before heading into town. The renovated lobby is modern, hip, and stunning. Although I did not use them the restaurant and bar looked nice as well. I was upgraded to a Regency Club Suite with a view of the Chicago Skyline in the distance. The room was nicely laid out, clean, with decent decor. A nicely stocked mini bar was also in the room. Wonderful shower, nice water pressure! The gym was nicer than most hotel gyms; it had all new equipment, and was recently renovated. The newly renovated Regency Club has to be one of the best Hyatt has to offer. It was nicely stocked with beverages and snacks, and there were lots of amenities you don't see in other Clubs. I thought the customer service was good to excellent.

For an airport hotel, I would say this is above average, once they renovate the rooms I would say it would be close to excellent. FYI: This is also a large convention hotel, over 1000 rooms.

Next time I come to Chicago I plan to stay here again. Perhaps my last night so I can try out the gym before my flight, and hang out in that awesome Regency Club.

FYI: CTA RAIL to Chicago
The Blue Line to Chicago is just a 10-minute walk from the hotel. You can also take a taxi, or take the airport shuttle back to O'Hare to catch it. Please note these trains move slowly, seemed like it took forever to get into town. . If you have a lot of luggage it can also be a pain, not all stations have working elevators, or escalators. I had to drag two large bags up and down stairs to transfer to the red line, it was a pain the !!!

• Liked — Regency Club, Gym, Lobby
  • Disliked — No Shuttle Service to Rosemont CTA RAIL Station,
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY/NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

I have made this hotel my "home away from home" when on business near ORD. I like the intimate feel of the hotel, in contrast to the huge Hyatt Regency. I've gotten to know many of the staff be name. The front desk / restaurant staff is outstandiing and makes up for any minor shortcomings of the hotel.

The rooms are always clean and there are constant small upgrades to the rooms, such as new radios w/mp3 plug. However, there is usually a strong scent of room freshener/cleaner when entering the room for the first time. I just open the window to air the room and leave for an hour, or so.

I wish the hotel had separate airport transportation. One never knows if there will be a stop at the Regency whether going to//from the airport. And you must request the airport van while in the lobby, rather than scheduling a pick-up in advance.

It would be nice to get free internet (wireless in rooms would be great). I do agreee with a previous review that I feel nickel & dimed for such services. You can get limited free internet at a computer in the lobby, but I find it also to be a hassle to use. If the Holiday Inn Express can provide frr internet, surely this Hyatt can!

Lastly, I can't imagine what caused the complaint about Jonathan, one of the front desk clerks. I've never witnessed anything but prompt, courteous service from all of the front desk staff. But, I
supose anyone can have a bad day.

MJ

Stayed June 2007
Helena, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

The lobby and room quality and cleanliness were what you would expect from a Hyatt property. Check-in was frustrating because the shuttle bus was full of passengers from O’Hare and my bag happened to be the last bag unloaded from the shuttle (first on, last off loading), leaving me last in a line of about 20 people. This group of people was largely conference attendees who obviously didn’t travel frequently as they were very slow to check-in with non-typical, 3rd party reservations and worse, several of them could not figure out how to use the check-in kiosk yet continued to obstruct the kiosk. I eventually checked-in at the kiosk in less than 1 minute after a 10 minute wait for a staffer or kiosk, far longer than I expect to wait. They key take-away for the traveler is that check-in can be time consuming with a full shuttle bus. The front desk staff was largely accommodating and jumped to check my bag while I was standing in line (early morning check-in), however when I had a problem printing from their “business center” I was told the manager would be out momentarily to either help me or allow me to use one of the non-public computers, after 10 minutes the manager never showed up and I left without my desired print-out. The business center is comprised of a single PC with a very frustrating filter on it. While well-intentioned, the filter blocks many legitimate images and pop-up windows and has poor printing options. The street map I needed to print was a .jpg image and the software refused to display or print it. Additionally the business center computer required a credit card number to be entered as it was free for the first 15 minutes, then was a pay service. Be sure to click end session or it will charge your credit card even after you’ve walked away. The room was large and well lit with an overstuffed easy chair and comfortable bed and bedding; pleasant modern decor throughout. The work desk was a little small and lacked nearby electrical outlets. The bathroom had a full tub and shower and was roomy with high quality towels and Portico toiletries. The water pressure was more than adequate and the shower head was located high on the wall. Wireless internet service was fast but was $9.99/day through T-Mobile. Beware though, the T-Mobile internet service purchased for in room use does not work in all the meeting rooms. The meeting rooms use a different wireless service with a separate fee which apparently has to be arranged through the meeting organizer per our conference’s host. I was unable to receive the T-Mobile signal in the meeting rooms we used though it worked fine in my guest room and the hotel lobby. Also note that the shuttle busses shared with the Hyatt O’Hare several miles away do not pick up at the Hyatt Rosemount unless called by the front desk, this is not communicated well at all. The ride to/from O’Hare was commonly 20 minutes either way between boarding and arrival. As others have noted, I had to reassure the shuttle driver that I knew where I was going (on River Road); the Hyatt Regency O’Hare was always the first stop from O’Hare while I was there. On a hot day the free ice cold bottled water from the cooler in the front of the shuttle (to the right of the boarding door) was very much appreciated and a nice touch. There didn’t appear to be many, if any, easy walking distance dining options; I considered riding the shuttle back to O’Hare to eat there (Terminal 5 food court outside security) as an option. Though the annoying nickel and dime computer / internet fees and lack of communication about the on-request shuttle bus pick-up tarnished an otherwise excellent stay I would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, quiet room
  • Disliked — additional fees for computing and internet acess in the business center and conference rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

I stayed here April 2007 for a conference for work. Mind you, I've never stayed at a Hyatt before, and had a lot of expectations.
I was booked in a non smoking room at first, but called a couple days before to see if I could get it changed. Unfortunately, they didn't have any, so I was a little disappointed, but would deal.
Come to find when I went to check in, they knew I was requesting a smoking room and had one available when I checked in! (having a smoking room is a big plus for me!)

The room was bigger then expected, I had a King size bed, a fridge and microwave, a desk, as well as an arm chair with an ottoman. The kicker was when I walked into the room and saw the IPOD docking station they had! I've been in many hotel rooms, and none have ever had an IPOD player, so that was a HUGE plus for me.

There were some portico products in the bathroom, and a bath mat to put down if you like, but the shower had this nasty stain dripping from the side.. I wasn't sure what it was, but I let the water run for a while and it was gone.

I had dinner twice at the bar downstairs, and the food was AWESOME, BUT I don't know if the filet mignon was too rare, but by the end of the night it "came up"... in the toilet. Other then that, the food was great!

The only issue I had was the shuttle. The driver I met at the airport was a little rude, and didn't believe I was staying at the Hyatt Rosement, he had it set in his mind I was at the Hyatt Regency (I guess the 2 get confused a lot.) Anyway, he wanted me to show him PROOF that I was at the Hyatt Rosemont and NOT the Hyatt Regency. Luckily I had my confirmation, but what if I didn't?

Overall this place was wonderful, the staff was very friendly, nice and helpful! Even the cabbies were nice. I would stay here anytime I come back to Chicago.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt because I had an early morning flight and we got a solid deal on Priceline. $80 including tax. (I bid $60) Got a very nice but probably one of the smaller rooms (in one of the towers), but for the price, I am not in a position to complain.

Attractively decorated, comfortable bed, nice shower, but we arrived late at night and left early in the morning so I can't say we experienced all the perks of the hotel.

They are doing some serious remodeling in the lobby area.

For that price, I would certainly stay again.

• Liked — The price!
  • Disliked — ----
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hyatt Rosemont? Share your experiences!