I would never have picked this hotel to stay at if it were not for the convention my husband and I were attending there. The rooms are moderate sized, with a plain, no-frills, bland look to them. (The pictures on the hotel's website are of a suite, maybe those are better than the double queen-bed room we stayed in.) Fixtures in the bathtub were rusty and looked unclean. The beds were soft and comfortable, probably the only thing I liked. The thing I liked least about the hotel was the cleaning staff - loud vacuum cleaners at 8am, with staff knocking on our door saying "housekeeping", despite the "do not disturb" sign on the door handle. While on vacation, my husband and I like to sleep in, and should not be disturbed by cleaning staff. I complained about this at the front desk, but it still happened daily. When we were checking out, we were asked how we liked our stay - and I told them again about housekeeping not honoring the "do not disturb" signs. They asked us why we didn't say anything earlier!!!!!
Another complaint also concerns housekeeping - we hung a beach towel on the back of the bathroom door to dry, and housekeeping removed it when they cleaned the room! When I told the front desk about this, they seemed unconcerned, as if why I was getting upset about a towel. They said they'd look for it, but it was never recovered. They did offer us a towel from the hotel to replace the one we lost - an old yellowed, thin towel that looked like the hotel was going to throw it out anyway. Very sad.
I did like the restaurant, great food, very nice staff, comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the BRAND NEW, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. With newly renovated guest rooms and suites, ballrooms, meeting rooms, restaurant, and common areas, our full-service hotel delivers BRAND NEW comforts, along with attentive service and a variety of amenities. Perfect for the business and leisure traveler, all just minutes from O'Hare and steps away from the Donald Stevens Convention Center and Rosemont Theater. BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS AND SUITES - All 503 of the hotels guest rooms have been completely re-styled and are eco-friendly. The rooms are decorated with a delightfully rich design that is classic and comfortable. All of the furniture is custom made with the best materials and crafted by the finest of experts. Dining is delectable and close at hand. Choices include dining at Chicago Fire Oven, a full service restaurant which offers specialty sandwiches, salads, pizzas and burgers, grab a bite at On the Fly, offering a variety of breakfast pastries, salads and sandwiches, or relax at our Visibility Bar, enjoying specialty pizzas with 10 beers on tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Rosemont