“convenient to O'Hare” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Laguna Beach, California
“convenient to O'Hare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel would normally claim a lower rating from me because of it's lack of a nice restaurant, however since Gibson's is right out the front door this slight is forgiven. 3 or 4 minutes by cab from O'Hare. Nice clean rooms and great banquet facilities and tons of other dining and entertainment options within an easy walk. Convention center is right across the street.

Room Tip: All are about the same in my experience
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Joe N,

Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for sharing that our rooms are nice and clean with great banquet facility.

You are correct: We are in the heart of Rosemont’s business and entertainment district, just across from the convention center and Rosemont Theater and very short walk to the Chicago Fashion Outlet Mall and MB Financial Park with some of the best dinning destinations.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I will start this review by saying that I have stayed here before. My son and I come here every year for the annual Godzilla convention. This is the third time we have been here, and the second time that we have stayed. The convention is very popular and sells out the hotel. I am also aware that some problems can't be avoided when you have a sold out hotel and also a large convention.

I will say two positive things before I get into the problems. The hotel rooms are nice and they are very comfortable. They have a safe and a refrigerator, the beds are comfortable, and the bathroom is not small, but a decent size. You won't have any problems sleeping here, and you should enjoy the room. They look nice as well. Also, if you eat at the restaurant that is here, the food is excellent. We generally use it as we are staying, and due to parking problems we don't like to leave the hotel. But the prices are fine, and the quality of the food is great. We have never had a problem with the food. Wait times can be a bit long to be sat, or to get your food, but that is do the how busy they get during the convention. That is something that I understand.
The problems come in that they never seemed compared for the amount of people that show up. The hotel has limited parking and they do not take any steps to guarantee a spot for overnight guests, which I did not realize. We arrived yesterday, and between trying to park and problems checking in, we were here for two hours before we could see our room. I had asked for help with parking, and in the beginning was told that there were spaces available, and if I waited by my car they would show me where. I did this, and they never showed. I went back in and asked if we could check in early. That was not possible. I have no problem with that. I asked if we could check our bags, and they said they would send a bellman to help. They never did. I complained, and asked where there was a parking garage. With their help I found one. We eventually were able to check in. Twice I asked to speak to a manager about the problems that we had, and neither time was I allowed to. The second time I was given the front desk managers card and told that I should contact him.
Today, the second day staying here, the pool is closed. They are having problems with it and don't believe it will re-open. Also, the elevators are not working properly causing problems getting to your rooms, and even to the lobby.
While the convention itself is fun, so far the hotel is doing it's best to ruin our trip here. I do want to state that I have run food and beverage outlets in a hotel. I was not always able to help a guest, and I can honestly say they have not always been happy with me. But I have ALWAYS talked to the guest. I think it is terrible that the hotel will not have one speak to me. I have tried to contact the front desk manager to no avail as well. All I can say is stay here at your own risk. There are a lot of positive reviews, so I must be the odd stay out here. But if you have a problem, do not expect them to work with you in anyway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear D.J. Rogan,

Thank you for taking some time to share your stay experience. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to provide great stay experience to all our guests.

We greatly appreciate kind words about hotel rooms and the restaurant. I apologize about the issues you experienced with the parking and the way it was handled. I can assure you that this is not a typical experience for our property.

In attempt to learn more about your stay so I could address appropriately with our team, we have tried to reach you several times (left two voice-mails and e-mailed you as well).
We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to talking to you.

Sincerely
INDIANAPOLIS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The room was very nice with comfortable beds, a coffee maker, great linens and a well appointed bathroom including a hair dryer and magnetic mirror. The closet also had an ironing board and iron. My only complaint was that the hvac system was very loud (a common problem in hotel rooms).

The desk staff was top notch, making sure I got my free internet (as a member of their rewards program) and letting us check in early. Also, they were happy to offer a 1pm late checkout, which was awesome because I wasn't departing until late afternoon.

Additionally, I must have dropped my credit card by the restaurant one evening and they called me promptly to come pick it up.

Aside of the loud hvac system, my only complaints were that the lobby seating area was gone for all but my first and last night there, leaving an unsightly square of caution tape in the reception area (they were cleaning the carpets?) and the restaurant stopped seating 30 minutes prior to closing each night (which was an early 10:30 to begin with).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Kristen N,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our services. I will make sure to share your feedback with our front desk team as they take pride in providing great customer service and will be glad to know that you have taken some time to recognize them for their service.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 1 night for business. The airport is about a 5 minute drive... and the hotel offers a free shuttle 24x7. I stayed on the 11th floor in a non-smoking room and was extremely pleased by the room, the view of the Chicago skyline, the restaurants on-site and overall experience. I did not hear any plane noise during the night, even though the hotel is directly under the flight path and it was fun to watch them on their approach. Will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Jane L,

Your feedback is very important to us. We greatly appreciate that you took some to share that you were extremely pleased by the room and the view of the Chicago skyline, the restaurants on-site and your overall experience.

You are correct: Our all room have double-paned windows to eliminate sound.

chicago, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a overnight to experience MB Financial Park, the new outlet mall and the casino. We enjoyed the location. It is in walking distance to both the entertainment park and the mall. The staff was efficient and friendly. They comped our parking for no reason just to be nice. That was a nice touch since it is $24.00 to park. The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was included in our package and it was good. The service was a bit slow, but nothing to complain about. All in all we had a great time and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear stephmarie,

Thank you your feedback. I am glad you found some time to explore the MB Financial Park and to do some shopping at Chicago Fashion Outlet Mall as both offer great experience.
Thank you for sharing that our staff was efficient and friendly, room was nice and clean and that you overall had a great time.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I have nothing but kind words for this hotel. Our rooms upon arrival were tidy and nicely decorated. A lovely large lobby as well with a resteraunt, bar, and deli. Even the pool was nicely kept and provided a relaxing break from the summer heat. Another big plus was 5 elevators leading up to the rooms. I have had poor experinces in the past at other hotels in the rosemont/ohare area during a convention in which during checkout the elevators, stairs, and exits were packed with people and made for a stressful checkout. This was the complete opposite experince at the crowne plaza. I also want to commend the helpful and experinced staff at the hotel as well. My weekend stay started with a minor hiccup with the automated parking system for their lot. Upon checkout I questioned their staff member, Marsha, who was ringing us out and she cleared up any confusion I had and assured me I was not charged to leave the lot to run an errand after my arrival. This type of quality and service for the price I paid is too much of a bargain to pass up. I will definitely make crowne plaza my first choice whenever I come back for another convention!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear srmurr55,

We greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel. Thank you for sharing that our rooms are tidy and nicely decorated the pool was nicely kept and provided a relaxing break for the summer heat, that our staff was helpful and experienced.

I’ll make sure to share your feedback with our team as they take a great pride in providing great service to all our guests.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel-not a single complaint that I can think of and the staff was top-notch. In particular I must give kudos to Marsha at the front desk, who was BEYOND helpful in answering any questions and helping me alter some aspects of my reservation. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mike R,

Thank you for taking some time to share your stay experience. Thank you for sharing that our staff was top-notch.

I’ll be sure to share your feedback with Marsha as she will be glad that you took some time to recognize her for her service.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!