I will start this review by saying that I have stayed here before. My son and I come here every year for the annual Godzilla convention. This is the third time we have been here, and the second time that we have stayed. The convention is very popular and sells out the hotel. I am also aware that some problems can't be avoided when you have a sold out hotel and also a large convention.
I will say two positive things before I get into the problems. The hotel rooms are nice and they are very comfortable. They have a safe and a refrigerator, the beds are comfortable, and the bathroom is not small, but a decent size. You won't have any problems sleeping here, and you should enjoy the room. They look nice as well. Also, if you eat at the restaurant that is here, the food is excellent. We generally use it as we are staying, and due to parking problems we don't like to leave the hotel. But the prices are fine, and the quality of the food is great. We have never had a problem with the food. Wait times can be a bit long to be sat, or to get your food, but that is do the how busy they get during the convention. That is something that I understand.
The problems come in that they never seemed compared for the amount of people that show up. The hotel has limited parking and they do not take any steps to guarantee a spot for overnight guests, which I did not realize. We arrived yesterday, and between trying to park and problems checking in, we were here for two hours before we could see our room. I had asked for help with parking, and in the beginning was told that there were spaces available, and if I waited by my car they would show me where. I did this, and they never showed. I went back in and asked if we could check in early. That was not possible. I have no problem with that. I asked if we could check our bags, and they said they would send a bellman to help. They never did. I complained, and asked where there was a parking garage. With their help I found one. We eventually were able to check in. Twice I asked to speak to a manager about the problems that we had, and neither time was I allowed to. The second time I was given the front desk managers card and told that I should contact him.
Today, the second day staying here, the pool is closed. They are having problems with it and don't believe it will re-open. Also, the elevators are not working properly causing problems getting to your rooms, and even to the lobby.
While the convention itself is fun, so far the hotel is doing it's best to ruin our trip here. I do want to state that I have run food and beverage outlets in a hotel. I was not always able to help a guest, and I can honestly say they have not always been happy with me. But I have ALWAYS talked to the guest. I think it is terrible that the hotel will not have one speak to me. I have tried to contact the front desk manager to no avail as well. All I can say is stay here at your own risk. There are a lot of positive reviews, so I must be the odd stay out here. But if you have a problem, do not expect them to work with you in anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the BRAND NEW, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. With newly renovated guest rooms and suites, ballrooms, meeting rooms, restaurant, and common areas, our full-service hotel delivers BRAND NEW comforts, along with attentive service and a variety of amenities. Perfect for the business and leisure traveler, all just minutes from O'Hare and steps away from the Donald Stevens Convention Center and Rosemont Theater. BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS AND SUITES - All 503 of the hotels guest rooms have been completely re-styled and are eco-friendly. The rooms are decorated with a delightfully rich design that is classic and comfortable. All of the furniture is custom made with the best materials and crafted by the finest of experts. Dining is delectable and close at hand. Choices include dining at Chicago Fire Oven, a full service restaurant which offers specialty sandwiches, salads, pizzas and burgers, grab a bite at On the Fly, offering a variety of breakfast pastries, salads and sandwiches, or relax at our Visibility Bar, enjoying specialty pizzas with 10 beers on tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Rosemont