“Average at best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Stanley, North Carolina, United States
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nothing much to be said...average rooms, average lobby, meeting space, breakfast, staff. The rooms are clean, the toiletries standard. They had the most uncomfortable pillows I can remember in a hotel in a long time. The workout facilities were very nice, clean and the machines were plentiful. The chairs in the meeting room were the standard meeting room chairs, which is to say "back killers". I was there for a pre-planned meeting. If I had a choice, I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Henry S.,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experience. I am glad to hear you found some time to take the advantage of our fitness center that features Life Fitness equipment.

Thank you for pointing out that our rooms are clean with standard Crowne Plaza Amenities. I regret to hear that our pillows and meeting room chairs didn’t meet your expectations.

I am sorry to hear that, at the moment, we are not your first choice hotel and we’ll work hard on becoming it.

Thank you for your business and we hope you will consider us for your future stays. Please contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We rented a room for a business function and was very surprised at how nice it was and how attentive the personnel were. The hotel is definitely older but they have done a very good job with upkeep and maintenance. If the need arises for another room in the area, they will be at the top of the list.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chicagoman88,

Our team is highly motivated to provide great stay experience to all our guests and we greatly appreciate the opportunity demonstrate it. Thank you for taking the time to share how impressed you were with your overall stay.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservation.

Santa Maria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Okay, so I missed my connection and wangled a free night from the airline... knowing Crowne Plaza is often used by airline personnel, I was expecting a plain-Jane experience. I was delighted to be in a beautifully equipped, stylishly decorated room on the 14th floor, with a pretty good view of the world. The bathroom was really nice, and the bed perfectly comfy, except that the waffle weave blanket was a bit weird. Hotel staff were very nice, and the shuttle driver, too. The light between the beds didn't work, and as soon as I told the manager, he was on it. I'd stay again, based on this unplanned visit. Kind of cool that they offered filtered water with the ice machine, rather than bottled H2O in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Wintrs101,

I am very sorry to hear that you have missed your connecting flight. It is never a pleasant experience.

I really appreciate you took the time to share that you were impressed with our beautifully equipped and stylishly decorated rooms, comfy beds and very nice service.

I am glad you liked our filtered water rather then bottled H2O. It is part of our overall “Go Green” initiative.

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again when you are in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Sincerely

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

There is nothing bad about this hotel. Airport shuttles run on time. Rooms are clean. Lobby is OK. It is within walking distance to an outlet mall nearby, which is a plus if you want to do some shopping. God free wifi because I am an IHG member.

It is the fifth O'Hare hotel I have stayed at (Hyatt, Renaissance, Westin, Marriott Suites). I feel the Marriott is the best one. But if this Crowne Plaza has a good rate, stay here and nothing will go wrong.

Dear exzx,

We greatly appreciate your continuing loyalty as the elite member of our IHG Rewards Program. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we are always looking for the ways to improve our service.

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza O’Hare and we are looking forward to your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The standard room we stayed in gets 5 out of 5. The remodel was well done and very clean. We felt very comfortable in it. The front desk staff, however, only get 2 out of 5. Every one of them that we dealt with, were not very friendly or inviting the way you would expect them to be. But more than that, they seemed confused, and didn't really know what they were doing; perhaps they didn't have enough training? No one seemed to know the answers to some very basic questions, and they didn't want to go out of their way to find them out. The restaurant and bar staff was friendly and food was average; but as mentioned in some other reviews, the service is on the slow side; not a big deal unless you're in a hurry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear LvngOntheEdgeof,

We greatly appreciate your time and your feedback. I am glad to hear you liked our new design and that you felt very comfortable in our rooms.

I regret to hear that our front desk/ restaurant team didn’t meet your expectation this time. This is not typical for our hotel and I have already addressed it with our Director of Rooms and Director of Food & Beverage.

We appreciate your business and hope you will consider us for your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Coon Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Pros: The early check-in was very efficient, it hleps being an IHG member. The room was very clean. I had a non-smoking room, yet when I stepped out the elevator on the 13th floor, i smelled smoke. The room iteself was fine with NO smell of smoke. The bed was MOST comfortable. The people were MOST helpful and friendly. The location was very convenient, but too far from the subway.

The cons: there never seemed to be a concierge or bell boy to call a cab. I liked this concept, in an effort to be green water bottles were not placed in the room, however, in order to encourage 'green behaviour' Crowne provides a water dispenser near the elevators. On the 13th floor, the vending machine would not accept any of my money and the water dispenser was not functional and was not fixed by the time i checked out (one had to go to another floor toget water). If you want to encourage green behaviour, you need to provide the service and not make it incovenient.

Dear Raj P,

Thank you for taking some time to share your overall stay experience. It is our goal to provide great service to all our guests and your inputs are very valuable to us.

Thank you sharing that you had very efficient, early check in and that your room was very clean with very comfortable bad. Our team will be glad to hear that you took some time to recognize their service.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the vending/water machine and concierge service. I have addressed the issue with our Director of Rooms.

We greatly appreciate your business and your continuing loyalty as an IHG Rewards Member. We are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stay away from this one. I am a loyal member of Crowne Plaza Hotels but this one was the one of the worst hotel experience in my life. My wife and I checked in around 11 pm due to our delayed flights from Munich to Chicago, exhausted and desperately begging for a good sleep. When we reached to the room, we suddenly realised that the bedroom is located right next to the elevator. The noise of the elevator was constant and unbearable. We tried to change the room calling the front desk. The answer was "no" and they advised us to sleep at the "sofa" in the room. It was joke. We couldn't sleep entire night and checked out immediately early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HasanTunaSettar,

Thank you for taking the time so share your stay experience. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to learn more about your stay and would like to address appropriately. My direct line is 847.928.3700. I look forward to hear from you.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!