“Pleasantly impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Santa Maria, California
“Pleasantly impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Okay, so I missed my connection and wangled a free night from the airline... knowing Crowne Plaza is often used by airline personnel, I was expecting a plain-Jane experience. I was delighted to be in a beautifully equipped, stylishly decorated room on the 14th floor, with a pretty good view of the world. The bathroom was really nice, and the bed perfectly comfy, except that the waffle weave blanket was a bit weird. Hotel staff were very nice, and the shuttle driver, too. The light between the beds didn't work, and as soon as I told the manager, he was on it. I'd stay again, based on this unplanned visit. Kind of cool that they offered filtered water with the ice machine, rather than bottled H2O in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Wintrs101,

I am very sorry to hear that you have missed your connecting flight. It is never a pleasant experience.

I really appreciate you took the time to share that you were impressed with our beautifully equipped and stylishly decorated rooms, comfy beds and very nice service.

I am glad you liked our filtered water rather then bottled H2O. It is part of our overall “Go Green” initiative.

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again when you are in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Sincerely

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

There is nothing bad about this hotel. Airport shuttles run on time. Rooms are clean. Lobby is OK. It is within walking distance to an outlet mall nearby, which is a plus if you want to do some shopping. God free wifi because I am an IHG member.

It is the fifth O'Hare hotel I have stayed at (Hyatt, Renaissance, Westin, Marriott Suites). I feel the Marriott is the best one. But if this Crowne Plaza has a good rate, stay here and nothing will go wrong.

Dear exzx,

We greatly appreciate your continuing loyalty as the elite member of our IHG Rewards Program. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we are always looking for the ways to improve our service.

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza O’Hare and we are looking forward to your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The standard room we stayed in gets 5 out of 5. The remodel was well done and very clean. We felt very comfortable in it. The front desk staff, however, only get 2 out of 5. Every one of them that we dealt with, were not very friendly or inviting the way you would expect them to be. But more than that, they seemed confused, and didn't really know what they were doing; perhaps they didn't have enough training? No one seemed to know the answers to some very basic questions, and they didn't want to go out of their way to find them out. The restaurant and bar staff was friendly and food was average; but as mentioned in some other reviews, the service is on the slow side; not a big deal unless you're in a hurry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear LvngOntheEdgeof,

We greatly appreciate your time and your feedback. I am glad to hear you liked our new design and that you felt very comfortable in our rooms.

I regret to hear that our front desk/ restaurant team didn’t meet your expectation this time. This is not typical for our hotel and I have already addressed it with our Director of Rooms and Director of Food & Beverage.

We appreciate your business and hope you will consider us for your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Coon Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Pros: The early check-in was very efficient, it hleps being an IHG member. The room was very clean. I had a non-smoking room, yet when I stepped out the elevator on the 13th floor, i smelled smoke. The room iteself was fine with NO smell of smoke. The bed was MOST comfortable. The people were MOST helpful and friendly. The location was very convenient, but too far from the subway.

The cons: there never seemed to be a concierge or bell boy to call a cab. I liked this concept, in an effort to be green water bottles were not placed in the room, however, in order to encourage 'green behaviour' Crowne provides a water dispenser near the elevators. On the 13th floor, the vending machine would not accept any of my money and the water dispenser was not functional and was not fixed by the time i checked out (one had to go to another floor toget water). If you want to encourage green behaviour, you need to provide the service and not make it incovenient.

Dear Raj P,

Thank you for taking some time to share your overall stay experience. It is our goal to provide great service to all our guests and your inputs are very valuable to us.

Thank you sharing that you had very efficient, early check in and that your room was very clean with very comfortable bad. Our team will be glad to hear that you took some time to recognize their service.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the vending/water machine and concierge service. I have addressed the issue with our Director of Rooms.

We greatly appreciate your business and your continuing loyalty as an IHG Rewards Member. We are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stay away from this one. I am a loyal member of Crowne Plaza Hotels but this one was the one of the worst hotel experience in my life. My wife and I checked in around 11 pm due to our delayed flights from Munich to Chicago, exhausted and desperately begging for a good sleep. When we reached to the room, we suddenly realised that the bedroom is located right next to the elevator. The noise of the elevator was constant and unbearable. We tried to change the room calling the front desk. The answer was "no" and they advised us to sleep at the "sofa" in the room. It was joke. We couldn't sleep entire night and checked out immediately early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HasanTunaSettar,

Thank you for taking the time so share your stay experience. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to learn more about your stay and would like to address appropriately. My direct line is 847.928.3700. I look forward to hear from you.

AKRON, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a conference nearby. Very clean with a restaurant and bar inside. There are plenty of other dining options nearby including Gibson's steakhouse. There is also entertainment options within walking distance.

Dear SIPNSMILE,

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to providing great stay experience to all our guests. Thank you for sharing that our hotel is clean with a restaurant and a bar inside.

Your are correct: we are so conveniently located to all major destinations in the Rosemont area. Be it business, dining or shopping- we are just a short walk away.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please let me know if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is definitely showing her age. The hallways are dim and in need of updated carpet. We called to confirm our reservations the week of and the hotel staff sold us on upgrading to the Crowne Level for free refreshments and appetizers after a long convention day. When we arrived, we were notified that that particular service had been discontinued. Really? Discontinued the same week you sold it to me? The rooms were decent, but the WI-FI wouldn't connect. When brought to their attention, they wanted connect me with support. I only do this every other week. I know how to connect to Wi-Fi. You have a problem, not me. You call support. The food at the restaurant was good. The check-in staff was helpful and apologetic about the Crowne Level thing, however, next time I'll stick with Hilton properties.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Marty W,

I regret to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations during your recent stay. Your input is very valuable to us and will be used to improve our service.

I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you.

We appreciate your business and hope you will consider our hotel for your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!