“Terrible room, terrible front desk” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Terrible room, terrible front desk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stay away from this one. I am a loyal member of Crowne Plaza Hotels but this one was the one of the worst hotel experience in my life. My wife and I checked in around 11 pm due to our delayed flights from Munich to Chicago, exhausted and desperately begging for a good sleep. When we reached to the room, we suddenly realised that the bedroom is located right next to the elevator. The noise of the elevator was constant and unbearable. We tried to change the room calling the front desk. The answer was "no" and they advised us to sleep at the "sofa" in the room. It was joke. We couldn't sleep entire night and checked out immediately early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear HasanTunaSettar,

Thank you for taking the time so share your stay experience. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to learn more about your stay and would like to address appropriately. My direct line is 847.928.3700. I look forward to hear from you.

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
AKRON, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a conference nearby. Very clean with a restaurant and bar inside. There are plenty of other dining options nearby including Gibson's steakhouse. There is also entertainment options within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear SIPNSMILE,

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to providing great stay experience to all our guests. Thank you for sharing that our hotel is clean with a restaurant and a bar inside.

Your are correct: we are so conveniently located to all major destinations in the Rosemont area. Be it business, dining or shopping- we are just a short walk away.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please let me know if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is definitely showing her age. The hallways are dim and in need of updated carpet. We called to confirm our reservations the week of and the hotel staff sold us on upgrading to the Crowne Level for free refreshments and appetizers after a long convention day. When we arrived, we were notified that that particular service had been discontinued. Really? Discontinued the same week you sold it to me? The rooms were decent, but the WI-FI wouldn't connect. When brought to their attention, they wanted connect me with support. I only do this every other week. I know how to connect to Wi-Fi. You have a problem, not me. You call support. The food at the restaurant was good. The check-in staff was helpful and apologetic about the Crowne Level thing, however, next time I'll stick with Hilton properties.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Marty W,

I regret to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations during your recent stay. Your input is very valuable to us and will be used to improve our service.

I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you.

We appreciate your business and hope you will consider our hotel for your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Bon Air, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at this Crowne Plaza the weekend of the Chicago marathon. It was much cheaper than staying downtown, and the blue line metro stop is less than a mile away, a 15 minute walk or short cab drive. Also, the Crowne Plaza has a shuttle that we took the metro stop. The hotel is clean, the front desk staff was nice, and the price was right. Our package included free wifi and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear JohnB0614,

Our team is highly motivated to provide great service you and all our guests and I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your overall stay. Thank you for sharing that our hotel was clean, front desk staff nice and that our overall pricing met your expectations.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Hayden Lake, ID
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel seemed dirty and dismal and not welcoming at all after a long flight from Europe. Worst of all, they wanted $12.95 for internet and there was a charge to use their business center computers and print out a boarding pass.
I would look for something else next time we have to overnight at Chicago OHare.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear MM3939

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your impressions. We regret to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations this time. Rest assured that I have addressed the cleanliness issue with the Director of Housekeeping. Also, I would like to inform you that the business center does provide free boarding pass printing on all computers and we provide free internet access to our IHG Rewards members.

We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will consider us for your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservation. I’d be happy as well to enroll you in our IHG Rewards program.

Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ten of us went to a conference here for 3 days/2 night. It was a very nice hotel. Rooms were clean, beds and pillows were comfy. We had a fridge in the room - a plus. It's a great location - lots or restaurants within walking distance and a mall across the street. We ate in the bar (full menu) the first night but would not recommend it. Waiter was fine but the hotel was full and the place was packed. Our order was taken right away but it took FOREVER to get the food. It was just OK. The next night, we walked to TIm McGraw's and it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Jackie C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your overall stay experience. I am glad to hear you found our rooms to be clean and beds/pillows comfy.

I appreciate you bringing to my attention regarding wait time at our restaurant. I have addressed this with our Food and Beverage Director.

We greatly appreciate your business and I look forward to your next stay. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need any assistance with your future stays.

St.Paul Mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed for just one night on business and as usual this Crown Plaza lives up to it's corporate brand. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It has all the stuff that you would expect from a C.P. Large flat screen with an abundance of channels. The bathroom was well lit and sparkling clean.I've noticed that the IHG group is using a sort of muted blue in it's rooms and hallways.(This is the 2nd one that I've seen) It's a departure from the earth tones that we are all used to and is, I thought, pleasing to the eye.Also, as mentioned buy others, the free WIFI for IHG members is a huge plus. It is probably the one thing that keeps me coming back.
Having stayed just the one night it's difficult to gage the overall services that the hotel provides. I will say that the bartender pours a nice cocktail if that's your thing. Enjoy your stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear butchpSt_PaulMn,

We greatly appreciate that you found some time to share your overall stay experience. Thank you for sharing that the room was clean, quiet, comfortable and that we have met your expectations.

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and thank you for giving us the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to great service.

We greatly appreciate your business and we would love to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!