“Dissapointed” 2 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is definitely showing her age. The hallways are dim and in need of updated carpet. We called to confirm our reservations the week of and the hotel staff sold us on upgrading to the Crowne Level for free refreshments and appetizers after a long convention day. When we arrived, we were notified that that particular service had been discontinued. Really? Discontinued the same week you sold it to me? The rooms were decent, but the WI-FI wouldn't connect. When brought to their attention, they wanted connect me with support. I only do this every other week. I know how to connect to Wi-Fi. You have a problem, not me. You call support. The food at the restaurant was good. The check-in staff was helpful and apologetic about the Crowne Level thing, however, next time I'll stick with Hilton properties.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Marty W,

I regret to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations during your recent stay. Your input is very valuable to us and will be used to improve our service.

I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you.

We appreciate your business and hope you will consider our hotel for your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bon Air, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at this Crowne Plaza the weekend of the Chicago marathon. It was much cheaper than staying downtown, and the blue line metro stop is less than a mile away, a 15 minute walk or short cab drive. Also, the Crowne Plaza has a shuttle that we took the metro stop. The hotel is clean, the front desk staff was nice, and the price was right. Our package included free wifi and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear JohnB0614,

Our team is highly motivated to provide great service you and all our guests and I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your overall stay. Thank you for sharing that our hotel was clean, front desk staff nice and that our overall pricing met your expectations.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Hayden Lake, ID
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel seemed dirty and dismal and not welcoming at all after a long flight from Europe. Worst of all, they wanted $12.95 for internet and there was a charge to use their business center computers and print out a boarding pass.
I would look for something else next time we have to overnight at Chicago OHare.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear MM3939

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your impressions. We regret to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations this time. Rest assured that I have addressed the cleanliness issue with the Director of Housekeeping. Also, I would like to inform you that the business center does provide free boarding pass printing on all computers and we provide free internet access to our IHG Rewards members.

We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will consider us for your future stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservation. I’d be happy as well to enroll you in our IHG Rewards program.

Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ten of us went to a conference here for 3 days/2 night. It was a very nice hotel. Rooms were clean, beds and pillows were comfy. We had a fridge in the room - a plus. It's a great location - lots or restaurants within walking distance and a mall across the street. We ate in the bar (full menu) the first night but would not recommend it. Waiter was fine but the hotel was full and the place was packed. Our order was taken right away but it took FOREVER to get the food. It was just OK. The next night, we walked to TIm McGraw's and it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Jackie C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your overall stay experience. I am glad to hear you found our rooms to be clean and beds/pillows comfy.

I appreciate you bringing to my attention regarding wait time at our restaurant. I have addressed this with our Food and Beverage Director.

We greatly appreciate your business and I look forward to your next stay. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need any assistance with your future stays.

St.Paul Mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed for just one night on business and as usual this Crown Plaza lives up to it's corporate brand. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It has all the stuff that you would expect from a C.P. Large flat screen with an abundance of channels. The bathroom was well lit and sparkling clean.I've noticed that the IHG group is using a sort of muted blue in it's rooms and hallways.(This is the 2nd one that I've seen) It's a departure from the earth tones that we are all used to and is, I thought, pleasing to the eye.Also, as mentioned buy others, the free WIFI for IHG members is a huge plus. It is probably the one thing that keeps me coming back.
Having stayed just the one night it's difficult to gage the overall services that the hotel provides. I will say that the bartender pours a nice cocktail if that's your thing. Enjoy your stay

Dear butchpSt_PaulMn,

We greatly appreciate that you found some time to share your overall stay experience. Thank you for sharing that the room was clean, quiet, comfortable and that we have met your expectations.

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and thank you for giving us the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to great service.

We greatly appreciate your business and we would love to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed two nights for business in Oct. Really liked the place. It has it's good and bad, but the room was decorated nicely (1012) other than the tile falling off the wall in the bathroom near the floor. Loved the colors, great granite shower, vessel sink in bath. Roomy room, nice TV, lots of lights but pretty dim. Bath has magnifying makeup mirror which is nice. Closet has a strange drapery closure which was not nice.
Super close to airport but no noise. Room stayed quiet at all hours of the day. A/C worked well to cook down the room.
Requested non-feather pillows and they gave me some really hard foam-type rocks that were not all that. Bed was great but uncomfy to sleep with such bad pillows. Still woke up with sticky eyes.
Conference rooms are really cold. Food is good in the meetings.
Breakfast buffet was way over-priced and not really good. Nobody ever asked if I wanted my eggs prepared any special way and no omelettes were offered. And what I did select from the buffet (ugly scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage) was cold. Melon underripe.
Nice area to print boarding passes or pay to use the computer. Nice little gift shop with lots of bling. Nice smoking area in the front of the hotel with a bench.
Overall I liked this hotel and I would go back. But there are 31 more in the immediate area to try.

Room Tip: You can ask for a quiet room which is really supposed to be a quiet room.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is really good compared to other hotels in the Chicagoland area. When you enter the hotel, you see a great sitting area with the quickest check-in I've ever been a part of. I was an IHG Rewards member, so I got free internet for the time I was there. The gift shop was good for me because I got sick and needed medicine, and it's a great place to buy gifts before you leave.

The room is A-MAZE-ING! The bed is super-soft, the bathroom is amazing with a great shower, huge mirrors, a counter-top I was a little jealous of. The television didn't have as many channels as I would like, but that's not a big deal compared to the refrigerator in the room! This is important because on the Cumberland CTA line, there's a Dominick's Supermarket you should visit.

The proximity to O'Hare airport is great for both flying in and out of, but the wait for the shuttle at the airport was over twenty minutes even though I called twice and they said they were coming (they were caught in rush hour traffic, by the way). However, there was no shuttle to the Rosemont CTA Train/Bus Station, so it's a ten minute walk to it, but if you go when the weather is good, this won't be an issue. Behind the hotel is the Rosemont Entertainment District, where I visited the Fashion Outlets of Chicago (a MUST GO!) and Muvico Theatres (a little high price, but hey, when in Chicago...)

The one issue is that it's a little far from Chicago. It's close to a thirty minute CTA ride to downtown Chicago, which was a little far for business. However, the CTA is the easiest metro system in the United States (expect the Ventra card, which CTA associates will help you with). Is that the only con? Yes!

FYI:
1) Don't eat at Chicago Pizza Kitchen. So high priced. Better off ordering food for delivery.
2) If you ask the front desk how to get to places, they give great directions.

Overall, I love the Village of Rosemont area and the Crowne Plaza, and it's a really good hotel for those with a short stay in Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up in the hotel. I asked for the 12th floor, and I got a great room. Rooms on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear TheInternationalis
Our team is committed to providing the great service to all our guests and your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to hear that you liked our lobby furniture and that the check in process met your expectations.

Thank you for sharing that our rooms are amazing with super-soft beds and amazing bathrooms with great shower, huge mirrors and counter top.

We regret that our TV didn’t have as many channels as you wanted and that our Chicago Fire Oven pizza price didn’t meet your expectations.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any help regarding your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!