We had a two night stay at this hotel for a conference...it's conveniently located if flying into O'hare, but we drove.
Check-in was fairly smooth...we were early, but our room was ready.
We were told that parking was free...the clerk gave us a blue parking ticket that was supposed to let us in and out. She said to just take the ticket at the gate the first time, then throw it away and keep using the blue ticket. First time in, the blue ticket didn't work, so we did just take the gate ticket to get in. First time we went out, the blue ticket also didn't work...luckily a different gate was up, so we just left through there. Upon returning, the blue ticket didn't work again--a stop at the desk, and we were given another blue ticket to use--and that one worked. We weren't the only people with this problem...we saw others "stuck" trying to get out of the parking lot--and there were no gates that were just open, The gate is unattended, so this could actually be a big problem during busy times when the blue tickets don't work.
Also, parking is not necessarily near hotel entrances, so it's a long walk if you don't unload luggage at the door (which presents its own set of problems...registration parking requires going up a flight of stairs to get into the hotel). Also, no bellmen and no luggage carts available.
And if you end up parking in the ramp (not the outside lot), be aware that it is not connected to this hotel.
Our room was on the 10th floor--in what was referred to as a quiet wing,,,and it was definitely one of the quietest hotel rooms we've ever had! We heard virtually no noise in the hallways, nor through the walls or floors. We did hear planes overhead occasionally, but being close to O'hare, that's to be expected.
Decor of the hallways and room is very dated...and as another guest reports, very BLUE (a muted seafoam blue)! It's is in need of a re-do. Woodwork (particularly in the bathroom) is chipped. That being said, the furniture was VERY comfortable--bed, pillows, and double sofa were very nice (except for the colors!). The TV is nice, but is firmly mounted on the wall--no swivel--so the only way to watch TV is sitting on the bed (not the sofa). Finally, the curtains close well...and a clip is provided to ensure there's no gap of light where they come together...a VERY clever idea...!
The bathroom is fine, although set up a little awkwardly for practical use. There is no exhaust fan, so the bathroom stays steamy.
Finally, the WIFI is horrendous! The desk clerk told us it was free...there is a $12.95 per day charge, but she said it would be taken off at check-out. And indeed, there was no charge for us...GOOD THING! The WIFI never worked. We were never able to hook into it with any of our multiple devices. In fact, it rarely even came up as an option. As a business hotel, this is unacceptable--particularly if they did charge for it.
In summary, this hotel was "fine"...but I wouldn't rush to stay to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago o`Hare Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Rosemont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the BRAND NEW, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. With newly renovated guest rooms and suites, ballrooms, meeting rooms, restaurant, and common areas, our full-service hotel delivers BRAND NEW comforts, along with attentive service and a variety of amenities. Perfect for the business and leisure traveler, all just minutes from O'Hare and steps away from the Donald Stevens Convention Center and Rosemont Theater. BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS AND SUITES - All 503 of the hotels guest rooms have been completely re-styled and are eco-friendly. The rooms are decorated with a delightfully rich design that is classic and comfortable. All of the furniture is custom made with the best materials and crafted by the finest of experts. Dining is delectable and close at hand. Choices include dining at Chicago Fire Oven, a full service restaurant which offers specialty sandwiches, salads, pizzas and burgers, grab a bite at On the Fly, offering a variety of breakfast pastries, salads and sandwiches, or relax at our Visibility Bar, enjoying specialty pizzas with 10 beers on tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.