“Exceeds Expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Miami, Florida
“Exceeds Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel as I was attending a convention at this hotel. My expectaions were basic, clean ,comfortable room at a fair value. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very satisfactory, especially for the price paid. The rooms were good-sized, comfortable and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was courteous and professional.
If you are up for an adventure, the CTA station is about a 5-7 minute walk from the hotel. I was quite pleased with this hotel and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked this hotel through hotwire so got it for a cheap price. The rooms are really nice and comfortable. They have done a good job in the renovation.

However, the service was horrible. We asked if we can get a wine opener in our room and the room service didn't know what it was. They took our used towels and didn't replace with new ones. Parking was $24/night which is pretty close to prices in downtown. The internet was $13 per 24 hours and the speed was horrible. My sister in law ate lunch in their restaurant and said the service was pathetic.

It was evident that they only cared about making money and not providing a service and then earning their paycheck. I would never stay here if i was not booking through hotwire special rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in sharing with us your recent experience. I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you during your stay. I have addressed with the Food & Beverage Director the room service and restaurant issues you have encountered. Also, I have addressed the issues regarding towels and internet accessibility with our Director of Rooms. I can assure that your experience is not typical of our hotel. I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider us in the future.
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here for a convention. This property ticks all the boxes. Free shuttle, great beds, fridge, safe, and the food here is actually above average. Chicago is about a half hour train ride away and the CTA station is just a couple of blocks up the road. Right across the street from the convention centre. There's a couple of really great steak houses within easy walking distance and there is a new complex of pubs and restaurants within 5 easy minutes of walking, there is almost nothing to complain about on this property except to say that it is right next to O'Hare so there's going to be some airport noise. Didn't bother me a bit.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had a corner room with a nice view of downtown Chicago. Hotel was very convenient to the Stephens Convention Center. Restaurant and gift shop stays open until 11pm for a late dinner or grabbing a quick late night snack. Took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back. It was ontime and quick. The hotel is in close proximity to the airport so there is some noise from aircraft taking off but it wasn't too bad.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Travel weary I stayed here before driving home from a week "on the road " as a pilot. $200. for six hours in a room and they refused to include breakfast. After achieving platinum status and spending half the nights of my life in a hotel a little professional courtesy maybe? Im sure if you wanted to book a large group they'd love to talk numbers on breakfast but as an individual staying for one night they just didn't seem to care if you were happy with your stay. I was asking out of nessecity making only $40,000 a year as a pilot I simply can not afford to pay $16. for breakfast. Just sad.....

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We value you as a Platinum member and I am sorry that you experienced what you did. I assure you that we appreciate all of our guests and I understand your point about having the team empowered to fulfill your request for a complimentary breakfast. I will follow up with all of our service team and I would greatly appreciate it if you would give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to guest service. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I came here for one of those "airport meetings." This hotel is perfectly fine for that. The room was clean and functional and had everything I wanted: safe, iron, refrigerator. The staff was uniformly very helpful, particularly those staff serving the business meeting rooms. The room service food was pretty good, though not great.

The pool is a little longer than normal and it's actually possible to swim laps! I did so, though the water was a little murky. Still, most hotel pools are not swimmable at all, so I'm not complaining.

One gripe is the WiFi: I'm already annoyed at having to pay $12.95/day for WiFi, but then it had better be pretty darn good. Except that it wasn't, it was barely sufficient to hold a Skype audio call, let alone a video call. I guess it doesn't matter if your company pays for the WiFi, but this came out of my pocket. Really not worth it, except I had to have it.

Note that there is absolutely nothing in this area except hotels and meetings rooms and the odd fancy steakhouse-type restaurant. There is no life in this area at all. But the blue line is about a 10 minute walk away, go into Chicago and experience a real city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay! I am delighted that you found the staff to be very helpful. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and that is very important to us. I will be sure to share this with the team along with your positive comments about the room being clean, functional and that it had everything you wanted as well as our swimming pool.

I will follow up with our IT department to insure our WIFI is functioning properly as I know staying connected is important to our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for future reservations. FYI, starting on August 1st, a new outlet mall is opening that consists of high branded stores like Bloomingdales, Coach and many more. This is located behind our hotel. Also within walking distance to our hotel is the MB Financial Park that consists of variety of restaurants such as Toby Keith’s, Hofbrauhaus, entertainment and much more. I’d be happy to tell you more about the surrounding areas and where you can relax on your next visit. Please feel free to reach me at my contact details below if you need further information.

Thank you.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our company recently held a meeting at Crowne Plaza O'Hare Airport for over 200 attendees. Each aspect of the meeting was very well handled by the conference services staff, banquet staff, and technical - AV team. Although the hotel is busy, the public areas and meeting rooms are well cared for. The hotel is not lavish or elegant upon arrival - bland entrance and porte-couchere, small lobby and front desk, but don't be deceived by the first impressions. The team has a great commitment to customer service. As a meeting planner, I look for teams of individual who can listen and understand my needs and my guest's needs and then proactively respond to ensure a successful experience. The group at the Crowne Plaza O'Hare did just that!

The culinary team did a great job for us too. Most meals were buffet, but the food was always well presented, appetizing, fresh, and my group overall enjoyed it. The banquet staff was happy to handle minor special requests.

The IHG Priority program provides some benefits, one of them is a free drink at the bar on day of arrival. We were able to have internet included in our guestroom rate - another plus. The data capacity was high - could easily view videos, etc.

The only area of planning that was less than satisfactory was AV planning. The sales rep for AV is not on property, so planning is done remotely then interpreted by on property reps. This created a surmountable difficulty.

I received my group bill promptly and it contained only one error.

What's most important to me is that overall my group was overall very satisfied with their stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: There are standard guestrooms on building corners that offer more light. Good work area.