“Do Not Use This Hotel if Flying from O'Hare” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Holland, Michigan
“Do Not Use This Hotel if Flying from O'Hare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Booked the hotel through ParkSleepFly, an excellent service that I've used successfully at many O'Hare area hotels. The Crowne Plaza desk staff couldn't find reservation and required me to rifle through my briefcase to find a printout of the confirmation (I've never needed to do this at any PSF hotel). Desk staff was unhelpful. Covered parking, but it's far from the hotel, and most of the trip back to the hotel is outside, part of it uncovered, so in a snowstorm it's a mess. Shuttle service back was horrible: I was standing at Door 2 at 8:15; after a half hour, I called and was lied to, told that the shuttle was "just back" from the airport with passengers (impossible, since I had been standing in the pickup location for half an hour, the hotel is 5 minutes from the airport); was then told that the shuttle would leave at 9:00; shuttle didn't arrive until 9:25. An hour and ten minutes waiting -- and I received no apology, no offer to help, nothing. NEVER AGAIN. There are many good, reliable properties near O'Hare. Don't ever choose this one, even if it's a bit cheaper. NOT WORTH IT.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback to us on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered with your room reservation, shuttle service and the front desk staff. I have met with the team members that were on duty during your stay and rest assured that I am personally addressing these issues. Our hotel is rated by our customers as one of the top hotel for service in the Crowne Plaza brand. It is always our goal to provide exceptional experience to all customers and I’m confident that if you give us another opportunity we will be able to demonstrate this. If your travel plans bring you back to the O’Hare area please contact me directly at the phone number below and I would be glad to arrange your room reservation details personally.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Turkish first
Mobridge, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

spent the night before flying. very nice place, price not bad either. i have stayed at other places before flying.This one is the best so far. the only negative thing i could say is that parking was supposed to be included in the price but got charged $24. But no big deal, place was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to supersede your expectations. It’s always nice to be able to surprise our guests and provide them with a great experience. Regarding parking, our price is competitive with the are and we charge the rate of $23 per day with in and out privileges. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here before flying out of O'Hare and left our car there for the duration of the trip. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet. The shuttle was timely, even at 11:30 pm when we returned from our trip. It is a great deal to stay overnight and park here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate all of your positive comments. We are very happy you enjoyed your overall stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Racine, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the second time in the last 4 montths I have stayed here. This time around it was a more friendlier check in experience and the food was better this time. It was enjoyable 4 days there.
and this time they got it right.

Room Tip: Ask for the Quiet floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been staying at the Crowne Plaza for the past couple years now EVERY time I fly out of O'Hare!! I live in Michigan and it's about a 2 hour drive for us to catch a plane. GONE are the days of us leaving Michigan at 3am so drive to O'Hare to catch an early flight. (not to mention trying to find someone to take us there so we don't have to pay for parking!!) My husband and I travel about once a month and have made the Crowne Plaza our second home!! I've stayed at the Hyatt by O'Hare and although the Hotel is really NICE, I heard jets flying by all night long. I was shocked since the 2 hotels are so close together. I LOVE being able to climb into a clean fresh comfortable bed, get a good night sleep and then be taken right to my gate in the morning. Their shuttle service leaves the hotel on the hour and half hour, and leaves the airport on the quarter and three-quarter hour. They are so prompt, when we get off the plane and grab our luggage, we know exactly how fast we need to get to the shuttle area in order to catch the next one!! (if you fly International, you just call the desk to let them know you've arrived and the next shuttle will swing by and pick you up) We've never had a bad room or a bad experience over the past few years!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed there overnight. The staff was so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. It had enough TV channels and the bed was great. It has good amenities - a good bar and reataurant. They don't give you free wifi which I think is ridiculous. Everywhere inside the hotel had great cell phone reception - even in the lowest level meeting rooms. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
We appreciate the feedback you have provided on your recent stay and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and hotel facilities as well as recognizing the hard work our dedicated staff members perform on a daily basis. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed one night and parked at the hotel for eight days while out of the country. Very nice room and comfy beds. The shuttle to and from O'Hare was free and fast. They have inside parking, which was nice so we did not need to dig the van out of the snow.

Room Tip: We booked through Park-Sleep-Fly and and our total rate was less than parking would be at O'Hare...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!