“Trip to Rosemont,Ill” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
“Trip to Rosemont,Ill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had to stay because of a convention. Hotel has been going down hill since my last visit.
The staff was un willing to fix the heat or the lighting in the room. House keeping really did not do a good job cleaning the room or getting clean towels back to the room .

Room Tip: If you do not like airplane noise stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We appreciate your review. We always welcome both the positive and negative reviews and use these reviews to help us improve a guest's hotel experience. I would like to deeply apologize for failing to provide you with an exceptional guest experience. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with superior service and attentiveness and it is very disappointing to us when we miss the mark. Is it possible for you to contact me directly so I can address the issues you experienced appropriately? I do hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future and see what our service is truly made of.

(847) 928-3700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is clean, efficient and comfortable.
The room rate was 50% of Hilton at OHare - worth it for the hassle of going a few miles off site.
There is a shuttle every 20-30 mins from door 2 of the O'Hare Shuttle Center or Taxi is under $10 one-way. Walk to train if you want take it into Chicago.
The rooms are slightly larger than standard and have modern appointments. Bathrooms are well done.
Catered food for our meeting was excellent. The coffee was good but the staff offered expresso to order of we preferred. Our meeting room was a little cramped for a dozen people.
Close by are an array of relatively newly opened reastaurants including a Gibsons Steakhouse. The shuttle bus will drop in the area if you ask the concierge - good if the weather is bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. It delights me you found our property well decorated, our hotel staff to be friendly and helpful and our rooms spacious. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare very soon!

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

i coudl not get a room at any of the hilton properties or Mariotts and ended up at the Crowne Plaza. It is close to Ohare and is a $10 cab ride (i did not want to wait for the hotel shuttle). The hotel was full and very busy but i was checked in quickly. Standard business rooms. My room overlooked the parking lot and got a little noisy. Other than that, no real issues with the hotel. The Fire Oven Restaurant serves some decent pizza (though not the typical chicago style pizza)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback to us on your recent stay. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and great service to all customers and I am happy to hear that even though our lobby was busy with check in when you arrived, your process was done quickly and warmly by our team. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in Sept./12 and everything was great. The restaurant was amazing - food and service - and I'm about as fussy as they get. The rooms were really nice - once again the fussy thing. We held our yearly convention there (Dept. 56) and would definitely go there again. A nice walk to the subway to downtown Chicago - very easy to navigate and really one of the prettiest places ever. The shopping - to die for. Put this place on your Bucket List. Cheers, Chantelle

Room Tip: Love the views from higher up.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We also love receiving a good review! I am delighted about your feedback on our guest service and it is always great to hear about positive experiences with our staff. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and great service to all customers. We strive for excellent guest service and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The rooms were fresh, clean, quiet, with lots of amenities... tea and coffee in the room, a safe and new furniture... I was worried being that close to the airport but the soundproofing in the rooms works well and being so close to the new entertainment district as well as Gibson's Steakhouse is a major plus... The hotel staff was exceptional and very personable and made you feel welcome... I found a new home when I'm in Chicago!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted about your feedback on the guestrooms and it is always great to hear about positive experiences with our staff. We are thrilled that you chose our hotel as your home away from home. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed for 4 Night for a convention. We did get a discounted rate of $115 but that was because of block bookings of over few hundred rooms, which is a great business opportunity for the Hotel. Then the Hotel starts providing justifications for
1. Not providing Breakfast.
2. No complimentary Parking for Guests.
3. No free Internet, which was given to me as I was Platinum on other Hotels. (Had a bad experience with Priority club guys but thats a separate topic)
and
4. Excuses to charge $3 for room service. Once I asked for 2 Plates with fork and spoon, I was charged $3 but was given 2 Plates with Fork and nief. When I called back I was promised I would not have to pay again and they will send the spoons but no one delivered the spoons. Good thing was I was not charged again.

The front desk lady seem to appreciate the pain and she reversed the $3 charges. But what surprizes me is that even though I paid the amount $4 in cahs (inclusive of $1 in tips) I was still charged another $3 to the room , so it was a double charge. They did waive another $3 charge to account for it but there may be some iregularity in the accounting.

I am trying to find out who the Owner of this Hotel is and if he is aware and does he approve charging $3 for sending plates or some sundry item?. There is nothing around this Hotel. It is in Nowhere land but since the convention is at the Hotel the most convenient for that purpose.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you. We do not charge $3 dollars when guests ask for plates and basic items to the room. Rest assured that this has been addressed with our room service staff. Please contact me directly so we can reverse any overcharge on your credit card if any. I hope that this experience did not deter you from returning to our hotel and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here recently for 2 nights as I was attending an event at the Akoo Theatre, which is literally, right next door. I got the hotel shuttle at the airport after waiting about 15 minutes (pickup is at door 2, FYI) and the hotel was a short ride away. The shuttle leaves the hotel to return to the airport about every half hour. The check in was quick, and I was in my king bed room, room 1018, within minutes. The room was big, nice, VERY comfortable bed, also comfortable couch with footstool, chair, refrigerator, TV, desk. It was also very clean, and despite being so close to the airport, I didn't find plane noise to be too bad. The bathroom didn't have an exhaust fan though, which I found odd (it was the second hotel I've stayed in this year that didn't have one). I couldn't get a good picture of it, but from my room, if you looked out to the left, you could see the Chicago skyline in the distance.

I can't say much about the hotel's restaurants, as I really didn't use them except to get breakfast to go in the mornings from their quick service place. I did check the prices for room service and the Fire Oven restaurant and both were pricy. There is restaurants in the area, it's just you have to walk a little to find them (I didn't have a car, there is cabs waiting at the hotel if needed). I didn't use many of their other amenities like the pool, gym etc... either. I bought a couple snacks at the gift shop and prices weren't bad for a hotel gift shop. The staff at the hotel that I encountered were all very friendly.

The area really doesn't have much. Like I said, I stayed here as it was convenient for me as I was going to an event at the Akoo Theatre, which is next door to the hotel. There is a casino a short ride from the hotel, the Rivers Casino, which I went to. I only play slots, and the machines were VERY tight! There is a free shuttle to and from the Rosemont blue line train station (the station is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel). The front desk also told me a shuttle starts running to and from the hotels at 4:00 PM, and it's also complimentary. It's very easy to get to and from downtown Chicago, as you can get there in under an hour on the blue line from the Rosemont station.

I would gladly stay at this hotel again if in the area. I got a great rate through AAA and I didn't book until less than 2 weeks before my trip. The one thing I didn't like was the charge for the wireless internet, when it's become such a common amenity now, that IMO, it should be free. I don't like paying for it, and I won't, so if I had to look something up, I just used the 3G on my phone.

The hotel is in a very convenient location to the airport, the convention center, the Akoo Theatre, and the train to downtown Chicago. I recommend it if you need to be near any of these places, I would gladly return.

I will give a second mention to their beds, it was probably one of, if not the, best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel, SO comfortable!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. It delights me that you were happy with our guest rooms and amenities. We sincerely appreciate you recognizing our well trained employees and that the hotel staffs are friendly and helpful. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate you choosing to stay at our property when your travels bring you to Rosemont. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property again soon!

(847) 928-3700

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!