“Not acceptable” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
“Not acceptable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed overnight at this hotel to take an early morning flight out of O'Hare. My husband took a shower after being there only an hour and noticed his feet were so dirty they left dark spots in the bottom of the tub. In the morning I found a dead bedbug on top of the bed and later in the day discovered two bites on my foot. This was my first experience with bedbugs. The staff was very nice, the ride to O'Hare fine but the hotel is shabby.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
PIttsburgh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Purpose of trip is above. Had to book Best Western since I figured it was the cheapest in the area, company paid for all the expenses though. My comments: - No complimentary water, had to go to the fitness area - Elevator at the front area doesn't reach 3rd floor, had to walk to the back to reach it - Ongoing construction in that area - Breakfast is offered at the restaurant outside the hotel (and yeah, it's cold outside)

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Wickenburg, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here because it is convenient to Enterprise Car Rental with a free shuttle to Ohare. The carpet needed to be cleaned and there was virtually no counter space in the bathroom except on top of the toilet tank. The free-standing sink had room for a cup on each side of the faucet. The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful but the staff at the restaurant where the free breakfast was served were on the grumpy side.

Room Tip: The room was much quieter than we expected given the proximity to the airport and the heavy traffic...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel staff was very good, but the hotel was in a bad need for repair and the fitness center was very poor. The local shuttle was a plus but did not make up for the quality. Overall the hotel was decent but really needs an update to be a modern hotel

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the worst property I have ever spent the night in. To say something positive the front office staff was very efficient and the young shuttle driver at 4AM was very helpful.
Now for the rest....not sure who the manager is but must not provide any leadership. We have often utilized Best Western properties and we are a Rewards Member. I read reviews but kept seeing responses that the hotel was being renovated. When you open your door to your room, it appears that way and if your delirious from exhaustion it may take a few minutes for it all to register.
New furnishings and even sink and vanity and toilet had been upgraded. Wiring inappropriate. Some lamps unusable as no accessibility to wall plug. At least a dozen large stains on the carpet- don't want to think about what might have been on the upholstered chairs- I sat on the office chair only after wiping it down. Bathroom floor was dirty and had some hair on it also. The inside sheets of the bed appeared clean but at that point I was questioning everything. Coffee pot had to be relocated to use it.
Tub dirty and upper corners of soap dish with grime and mold. Water faucets leaked and seperate faucets for hot and cold would be ok except the hot water was literally scalding if on at all- I do not say this lightly, it was hot enough to cause a burn. I captioned my husband since he decided to use t he shower- he is a diabetic and results of scalding water could have spelled disaster for him. The caulking, and painting of trim was very poor.
I wonder if the owner realizes his money is just being slapped onto I'll prepped surfaces and installed over filth.
I write a lot of reviews as I enjoy helping others by painting a picture for them. I have written only a handful of negative reviews and volumes of positive reviews.
Something really needs to change at this Best Western. I am shocked they allow their brand on it.

Room Tip: I would avoid room 351 for sure and I am recommending you look at the room , inspect it, before acce...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Easy check in and out, clean room, great breakfast. comfortable bed. An enjoyable experience. If I were to give reccomendations, I'd have to say raise staff moral. Help was given when asked but staff seemed very detached. I requested a room that was being "rennovated" but I booked weeks in advance. include another shuttle to airport on busy days.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

indianapolis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The shuttle running longer when there is a large convention in town that sells it out. Also making sure the rooms are up to par would be wonderful. The bathtub that was in the second room I was in was beyond horrible. I wanted to take a bath as I don't have a bathtub at home. There was no toe switch on the tub to keep the water in the tub. I called down to the front desk and the front desk agents had no idea how to help me. So they sent the maintenance worker to my room. At approximately 9:30 at night mind you. He didn't have a plug that fit the drain. So he left the drain cover off of it and gave me a black rubber toilet tank flapper to use as a plug. He told me it was brand new. But still, how was I to take the word of a stranger? I didn't know if he was telling me the truth! I proceeded to fill the tub and within minutes the room was filled with steam, I hadn't even turned the hot water knob a half inch. When I went to add cold water to the hot water it just made the water hotter! I didn't know this at all, so when I used my arm to test the temperature I ended up burning myself! I reported the extreme heat of the water the following morning when I left for the day. Thinking that they would have it fixed by the time I got back. I tested the water again when I got ready to relax after being on my feet for almost 18 hours I needed it. But lo and behold the water was still scorching hot! So for Friday and Saturday night I had to take cold showers. When I got back home to Indianapolis on Sunday I made an appointment with my doctor that monday and was told I have a second degree burn and will need anti-burn cream and that the area will most likely scar. After the appointment I tried to contact the General Manager of the hotel and was told he would be in at 9 am. I left a voice mail but no reply. I then called back at approximately 3 pm Central time and was told the general Manager was out of the office and would be in tomorrow at 9 am. I waited until about 10 am before calling again and was told the general manager was not coming in that day. So I spoke to the office manager to explain the incident to her. I went through the incident and there was no apology or a sense of urgency to make what happened to me right. I am a Best Western Rewards member. And this experience made me feel beyond horrible. This was my first vacation in two years. I feel like I wasted my points on my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN at O'Hare? Share your experiences!