Indeed it is a very dated budget hotel, but looks like it is going through some renovation of rooms. We arrived for a quick one night stay, and based on the reviews we were not expecting much, but a bed, a shower, and a night's sleep. The room we received was not yet refurbished, but it was not bad at all-- and we did find it to be clean. However, then the nightmare began.
We arrived back at the hotel after 11:00pm after attending a function. It was stuffy so we turned on the air conditioning. About every 10-15 minutes the unit would make such a loud noise that it was impossible to sleep. Now having said that, I live in NYC, I am used to noise, and I am a VERY sound sleeper. But ever 15 minutes or so I was awakened and tossed and turned all night. Total misery !!
The next morning we went down to breakfast. It is held in what used to be a restaurant in the hotel but it is closed down and only used for the breakfast. There was a long line to wait for food and it was totally disorganized, no one cared! They were supposed to offer eggs, they were out of them. I heard one of the staff had also overslept and therefore it opened later than the planned time. They also had pancakes-- mine we cool to room temperature, and the woman in front of me also exclaimed that hers was still partially frozen. They did have sausage which was good, as well as yogurt and bananas. Now as far as coffee, they did have it, but they were out of cups!!! !!!!!! I did go back to the food area to see if anything else came out, they were then out of plates! It was a total joke, and what was worse was that no one cared!
When I went to check out, I did inform the desk agent about the heating/cooling system noise. What was worst of all-- NOT EVEN A SIMPLE APOLOGY!!! All she said was "I'll tell them about it." First and most basic rule of customer service is to offer an apology, and a sincere one at that-- I GOT NOTHING from her.
This place is a dump, it has not been maintained-- only one elevator was operating and I saw that it had not been inspected in 4 years. Yes, you may get a good rate at this hotel, but you get what you pay for-- buyer beware. Spend a few $$ more and stay at another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Rosemont, Illinois hotel is one mile from O'Hare International Airport and the Blue Line train serving downtown Chicago 24 hours. The Best Western At O'Hare offers guests a variety of convenient dining options on site. The Pine Grove Restaurant offers the best breakfast in Rosemont along with fresh lunch items and great dinners. Shoeless Joe's Alehouse, guests enjoy an American style bar serving a wide variety of specialty beers along with an excellent menu, from appetizers to complete dinners. The hotel offers a 24 hour shuttle to O'Hare airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN at O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western At o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Best Western Hotel Rosemont
- Best Western Rosemont
- Rosemont Best Western