“tiredold airport hotel which can be very overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
amsterdam, netherlands
“tiredold airport hotel which can be very overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

the airport shuttle was waiting when I arrived but before boarding a large party boarded and filled the shuttle. bus driver advised a 30min wait in -10C. taxi wanted $49.99 to go 5 miles. Luckily the hotel realised about the group (I think) and another shuttle arrived in 5 mins. Hotel was occupied by a conference on illegal immigartion.
very bad impression on arrival. Small reception and old 1970s decor. room was better but also very 1970, everything beige and old fashioned, but clean enough. Room was overheated by a very noisy heater and ground floor location straight on to a carpark did not make opening the window a good idea.
the hotel has a sports bar which I thought was horrible or the choice to eat was $1.99 at McDonalds or $100 across the interestection at a good steakhouse. no supermarket or convenience store near and area not suitable for longer walking (nor the climate). Overall not great, will not stay here again, there are better choices at o,hare.

Room Tip: ask for upper floor so you might safely open a window and get some relief from the noisy ventilation...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Detroit, MJI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Great customer service and nice room. Reliable transportation to and from airport. Room was clean modern with a flat screen TV. Definitely will be back again and certainly worth the $10 difference in price from other quick stay hotels.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Sarah O, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN at O'Hare, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better train our staff and serve our guests. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do offer complimentary shuttle service to and from O'Hare 24 hours a day. I am also pleased to hear our staff was welcoming and accommodating, we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was just an overnight stay for us as we were traveling back home from an international trip. The shuttle was quick to get us to the hotel as we were tired from our long flights and our children were restless for a shower and bed. I will say that the photos from the website did not match what greeted us. The carpets in our room were stained and looked like they hadn't been vaccuumed since the last guest left. The headboard had so much dust on it, that dust-bunnies flew throught the air when my son ran his finger over it. The bathroom was so small that you had to back up against the toilet to close the door and there was just a pedastal sink and one tiny shelf to put your toiletries on directly above the toilet. The beds were also smaller than what we expected as when we book a room with 2 beds, we usually get queen-size and these were definately just full or double. In the morning as people were showering and getting ready to go to their meetings or back to the airport, there was not 1 minute of hot water. Other guests were complaining about this as we were checking out and the hotel tried to explain it off as it was city-wide not the hotel's fault. When I left this review on Best Western's site, they offered me $25 off my next stay (at the same hotel). Um, sorry but that wouldn't cover a quarter of the cost of another night there and we wouldn't come back anyway. We always stay Best Western and this was at the bottom so far.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better train our staff and serve our guests. I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Your feedback has been forwarded to all Departmental Heads for review. We are looking forward to an extensive renovation project in the near future. I am pleased to hear you appreciated our complimentary shuttle service which runs to and from O'Hare 24 hours a day.
blanco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff in general was very young but well dressed and conducted themselves as though they had been well trained. The builing/facility is simply very old and unpleasant wether it be paint, carpet,curtains,tile whatever.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sarah O, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN at O'Hare, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps to better train our staff and serve our guests. I appreciate your acknowledgement of our staff service, and apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We are looking forward to an extensive renovation project in the near future. Thank you for choosing Best Western O'Hare.
Socorro, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon entering the lobby, you immediately notice the carpet needs to be replaced or cleaned. Once in my room it was worse. The carpet at in the entryway was ripped, dirty and stained. The lights in the shower also had stains on them. I was too exhausted to complain and ask for a different room since I had to wait at the airport over an hour for the shuttle. And their driver must have drove on the NASCAR circuit

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better train our staff and serve our guests. Your comments have been forwarded to all Departmental Heads for immediate review. I apologize for the inconvenience of waiting for the shuttle service. We are looking forward to an extensive renovation project in the near future.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very convenient place to stay by O'Hare. Close to airport and near shoping area. Very pleasant and accomodating staff. Rooms and beds are large and comfortable, great value for the price. Free internet is a great plus! I often stay here as I feel I have been welcomed home.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sarah O, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN at O'Hare, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better train our staff and serve our guests. I am extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your loyalty to Best Western and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were in Chicago to watch our Daughter run in the Chicago Marathon. Hotels were heavily booked and the Best Western - O'Hare was the best that we found that fit our budget. I was concerned that there were many less than stellar reviews for this property, but I really had no complaints. There is major road construction at the site of this property which made access challenging, but was certainly no fault of the Hotel's. The exterior of the property could definitely use an upgrade, but I think that if I owned it, I'd wait until all of the road construction was completed, and the dust settled before sinking money into the exterior. Our room was updated, and actually, quite comfortable and clean. We did have a couple issues with the door locks, but the front desk staff quickly fixed those. One front desk staffer did seem more interested in responding to texts than dealing with issues that a customer was having with the free 24-hour airport shuttle.

I arrived with relatively low expectations, and was generally pleased with the property. The hotel seems to be part of a hotel-dining complex that has struggled from the restaurant side of things. A free breakfast was offered in the dining room of one of the attached restaurants, and it was fairly standard for a free hotel breakfast. We enjoyed it, and headed off to catch a train to watch the marathon. This property wouldn't be on my list of properties to seek out when visiting Chicago, but if I needed someplace close to O'Hare that was safe and clean, offering the free airport shuttle, I'd consider it again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Sarah O, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN at O'Hare, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better train our staff and serve our guests. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to renovations in the near future. Thank you for choosing Best Western O'Hare!

Been to BEST WESTERN at O'Hare? Share your experiences!