“Fabulous Overnight Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Rockton, IL
“Fabulous Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at your property for one night on Thursday, Feb 7th and wanted to express my compliments to management and staff. We (friend and myself) checked in close to 8 PM that evening and the front desk agent was very polite and quick with the check-in process. She was also very clear on where elevators were and where to get continental breakfast (in the Pine Grove Restaurant) the next morning.

Room was very clean and comfortable.

Continental Breakfast the next morning was more than ample. There was a huge variety to select from and most of the options were very healthy ones. The breakfast hostess, Marie, was very nice and efficient at clearing away our dirties while we finished drinking our juice and coffee. She greeted us with warmth and sincerity and asked us if we were interested in fresh eggs made to order or hotcakes to compliment what was available at the breakfast bar. She was a great and pleasant start to our very long day that we had ahead of us.

I appreciate the excellent customer service by your staff and will definitely recommend your property to friends and family on their next business travels. Thanks again for a wonderful night's rest!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Maria R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN at O'Hare, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for this great review. We appreciate the compliments and we will pass it on to our TEAM, especially to Marie. She has been a great addition to our team, making sure that our guests are taken care of while having their breakfast. Our continental breakfast not features the usual Danish, muffins and bagels that you find in a continental breakfast. We also offer pancakes and eggs, made to order from our kitchen at our on-site restaurant, Pine Grove.

We appreciate that you will recommend us to your family and friends. Your referral is the best compliment we can ever get.

Once again, thank you for your time, and we hope to have you again as our guest in the near future.

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family of 4 was delayed in Chicago for the night.
We were grateful for the shuttle to the Best Western and the very fast check in process as 10 or so people descended at one time off the shuttle.
We had several morning hours to kill and were grateful for the complimentary breakfast- we had a nice hot breakfast with great service from Marie and some encouraging words and advice from Carol. The breakfast is typical of included meals in hotels/motels but it hit the spot and made it a bit easier not to spend even more money in this delay.
We were also grateful for the fitness centre to burn off a bit of energy and the free WiFi in all areas.
It was good value for our stay and the room was clean and appointed as expected for an airport hotel of 3 or 4 hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your time in writing this great review. We will pass it on to our team, especially to Marie and Carol.

We are located less than 3 miles from O'Hare Airport and we get a lot of distressed passengers to stay with us. We understand how it can be very stressful to wait long hours at the airport then have your flights cancelled. When you get to our hotel, we will try our best to make your stay enjoyable.

The convenience of a 24-hour airport shuttle is always a plus for our guests, it runs every half hour and it's complimentary. Our continental breakfast is set up daily at our restaurant, Pine Grove, and we try our best to add variety to it for our guests' satisfaction. We are happy that you enjoyed your breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your time writing this great review.

Cordially,
Watertown, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I drive a motor coach and my employer has me stay near O'Hare when we have Chicago charters. This hotel just does not have ample parking for a tour bus.

Worse than the parking is that I called the hotel for 3 days (2/6, 2/7, and 2/8/13) trying to talk to someone about bus parking. I left my name and phone number with a live person each time I called but only the maintenance manager had my answers. Well, the "maintenance manager" hasn't called me back yet. His voicemail box was full, "he's out of the building, he's gone to lunch, he's gone home". No one else knew anything about bus parking so, of course, when I arrived about 11 PM on February 8,2013 nobody knew anything and maintenance was all gone home.

At 11 PM that night I already had an 18-hour day in. All I wanted was no-hassle parking and a good night's sleep. I got neither.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We want to apologize for your inconvenience. We have always handled requests of parking buses and RV's here properly. I have asked our Front Office Manager to follow up on your complaint so it does not happen again. I believe that he has already contacted you for a follow up. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Ketchikan, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Nice, well appointed rooms...good value for cost particularly with continental breakfast included. But, there are two things that make this hotel shine. The staff are pros at customer service, from my initial welcome greeting to good-byes at the airport, I felt totally cared for, felt I received exemplary service at all times. The hotel provides free shuttle service that includes airport and local destinations...being in town for a trade show at the convention center, this service was invaluable and what a treat that if I asked, the driver would gladly stop by a store on the way back to the hotel so I could pick up any incidentals for the evening. I would gladly stay here again or recommend to other business travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such a wonderful review. We value all of our guests and try our very best to make your stay enjoyable. We're thrilled when our guests take time to compliment us. We will make sure to pass it on to our team.

Besides our 24-hour free airport shuttle that runs every half hour, we also offer transportation within 3 miles of the hotel between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., and this includes the Stephens Convention Center and the Allstate Arena.

Once again, we appreciate your review and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice room, covered parking up to 14 days, which was great for keeping snow off car. Great staff. Continental breakfast offered eggs and pancakes made to order. Very close to airport with shuttle service 24/7 every 30 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN at O'Hare, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I will make sure to share it with the rest of our team.

Our Park & Fly package offers a one-night stay and parking for up to 14 nights. Guests can either leave their vehicles in our main parking lot or in the garage, then take the hotel shuttle to the airport. Shuttle service is 24 hours and picks up our guests every half hour from our lobby.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. Continental breakfast is complimentary to all our guests. The buffet is set up in our on-site restaurant, Pine Grove, so the eggs and pancakes are fresh from our kitchen.

Once again, we appreciate your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here many times before flights out of O'Hare. The renovations are done and the hotel is very nice now. Two choices of restaurants on the premises give you a choice of dining. Shoeless Joe's is our favorite for a sports bar atmoshpere.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and the price of the hotel is right! We paid $112 with tax for a room and up to two weeks parking. Can't beat the deal. Shuttle to the airport is 10 minutes.

Well worth the stay!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The renovation on our first floor was finally completed last August. We also replaced the old televisons with new ones.

Our Park & Fly package offers a one-night stay and parking for your vehicle for up to 14 nights. There is a parking option in our main lot or in a garage. The hotel shuttle to O'Hare Airport runs 24 hours a day and picks up our guests from the hotel lobby every half hour. On the way back, guests can catch the shuttle from Door 2 at the Bus Shuttle Center or from Door 5E at the international terminal.

Once again, we appreciate the great review. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay, and that you have stayed with us many times in the past. If you ever need assistance with your future reservation, please feel free to contact me directly. We hope to see you again soon.

Cordially,
Director of Sales
Vancouver area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here because I often stay at Best Western so thought I could rely on them. We were waiting to hopefully fly to NYC but our flight was delayed so much and we didn't like this hotel so moved downtown. I was dissapointed with this hotel.
Rooms are small and very dated. Wireless in rooms were non existent not only for us but others so the lobby computers were very busy.
As soon as the hotel got full due to Sandy, they jacked up the rates. We asked to extend our stay until Wednesday but they only booked us until Tuesday, which in the end worked in our benefit as it allowed us to leave 1 day early.
The best thing about this hotel is the proximity to the airport and to the L-Train to downtown. You can take the hotel shuttle to the L-Train station at the airport and its only 1 train to get downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN at O'Hare, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank for your time. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I tried to contact you last week to follow up on your review. If you don't mind, can you please contact me directly at the hotel?

We welcome all our guests' reviews, they help us strive to improve our service.

To respond to your comment about raising rates - our rates are set up in advance and while it's true that we can make changes at any time, we did not make any changes on the dates that you stayed with us.

Once again, we appreciate your time, and I hope to hear back from you.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN at O'Hare? Share your experiences!