“United airlines terrible....hotel fine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 N River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018 (Formerly InterContinental Chicago O'Hare)   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Saskatoon, Canada
“United airlines terrible....hotel fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Due to UA flight cancellation I stayed one night in this hotel. The shuttle was great to and from Ohare. Checkin was simple but front desk people need to give information when checking in about shuttle departure times etc.
The hotel was clean and comfortable but it would have been nice to be able to get a cup of coffee.
I only stayed overnight so I do not have much to review....it was quiet and safe!
I would recommend the hotel but will not travel with United Airlines.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Koba B, Front Office Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! I am glad to hear that you found your stay enjoyable. I will share your feedback with our Front Desk team about providing departure shuttle information. We have Keurig coffee makers in all of our guestrooms. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy a cup of coffee prior to departure. We hope to be of service again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Hamburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I chose this hotel based on it's location. Being 5 minutes from the airport, I'd expected that it would be busy and therefore noisy- but I didn't hear much of anything while in my room. I caught the shuttle from the airport which was great. The room was nice and the bathroom fixtures and sink were fine, not what I'd put in my home but they function well although other reviewers seemed to take issue with them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Koba B, Front Office Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had a free night at an IHG hotel and a partly-paid night to use up so stayed here for two nights. This is a really nice hotel - housekeeping excellent, staff at the front desk helpful and (best of all) I had free parking - a bonus in a Chicago area hotel.

The TV service is not great - no HBO or similar and the TV in our room seemed pretty worn!

It is a close walk to the Fashion Mall shops and some good restaurants. walking distance or a short ride to the Rivers Casino and close to downtown Chicago if you feel like a drive.
Overall - a good stay.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking River Road with a view of the Chicago skyline in the distance - no room no...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Highly recommend staying at the Intercontinental when you are flying out of O'Hare. Rooms are very nice, staff is friendly and helpful. Great bar in the hotel and the food at the hotel restaurants is consistently good. For something more upscale there are two very nice restaurants literally 50 feet from the hotel's front door. Great shuttle service to O'Hare. And if you have some time to kill walk over to the "outlet" shopping center. Some great high end stores.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we got stuck at Ohare overnight. We arrived around 11 PM. The only food available was from room service; the restaurant, which was open, refused to serve any takeout food to us.
On checkin the clerk wouldn't even give me a lousy bottle of water (which costs about 25 cents\) even though I'm a Gold Elite IHG member!
Overall this has lousy service, very expensive and very disappointing.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear TravelMaven1818,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. We value your feedback as this is our best resource in improving our guest services. We hope you give us another opportunity and allow us to redeem your faith in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
palo alto , ca, usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Came here for a conference and throughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Spacious rooms, soft comfortable pillows and linens, lovely bathroom, and delightful soaps/shampoos (yes, I care about this little things.) Came here on business. Spacious desk to work at. Walking distance to outlet mall. Shuttle to/from airport. Shuttle to train downtown (approx 45m on train to downtown)

Downside: Limited eateries (steakhouse, restaurant in hotel, McCormicks and the mall). No drugstores nearby (really? really! nearest Walgreens is 2.5m away).

Would prefer to stay here again for work.

McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been here twice. I must say that the hotel is very clean, though I am not impressed by design of front desk. However, the staff make it truly special. The housekeepers were fantastic, and the decor, though modern, was impeccably clean. The restaurants are very good. However, the food in the events I attended was amazing. I have never enjoyed a conference as much as I did here. There is a lot of modern art and looks almost like a museum, though that is far from my cup of tea, though I can appreciate the value of that. The location is near OHare, but also very close (walking distance) to some great restaurants, a pretty good shopping mall, and a casino. It is a bit out of the way from Chicago though, but I felt very safe walking in the area. I will continue to try and stay here as long as my budget allows it. Again, not too keen on some of the aesthetics, but the people and service there are excellent.

Room Tip: Learn how to use a Keurig coffee maker.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!