“Excellent customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel

You added Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 N River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018 (Formerly InterContinental Chicago O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Wisconsin
“Excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend October 25-27, 2013. I booked on the website and got a great price for such a nice hotel.
I arrived with many bags in tow, and the bellman was super efficient in getting my things inside and up to my room. My check-in was lovely, even though I was being a problem guest and adding a night to my already booked reservation. Basia was so incredibly sweet and friendly; it was a pleasure to talk with her while we navigated my extra night.
The suite was very nice; my only real concern was that the couch was very low. I struggled to get up and down on it. The chair worked fine for me, though. Also, I requested a refrigerator, and it was brought up immediately by maintenance.
I was on the side facing the city, and you could watch the silent planes heading straight for, or what appeared to be straight for, the hotel.
Self-park because it's the exact same lot, and you can save $12. The elevator from the parking garage goes right into the hotel, and it's much cheaper. Just remember to get a blue ticket from the front desk so you can get back out when you leave.
An excellent stay; I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us, and for the additional night! Hope to have you back with us soon.

Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, both times for vacation purposes, not business. The property is wonderful. You're met at the door by very pleasant parking valets and bellmen. The lobby is bright and filled with nice art, not your typical "hotel" art. Our room was a bit small for four people, but we managed. The entire facility was spotless!

The breakfast at Fresco 21 was fabulous. All of us had the buffet, which was well appointed. They also made egg white omelettes for us.

My ONLY complaint is that I felt the beds were uncomfortable. To me, they were like sleeping on a box. I would rely on more than one opinion about something like this because it's a very subjective matter.

Book here with confidence that you'll have a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for returning to us a second time. We put alot of effort into maintaining our gallery-quality art exhibit as well as the live jazz in the Montrose Room. We hope to see you a third time very soon.

Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for the first time last January, arrived late from overseas and left early the next morning. Actually I believe I was in the hotel for less than 6 hours, but it lived up to the reviews, quick easy check in/out, clean rooms/room request was correct. Only drawback was the bar apparently closed around 1am and the room service menu was small, but the soup was delicious. Also waiting roughly 25 minutes for the shuttle after midnight in January was not the best but being from colder climates it was acceptable. As many others have said, the airport shuttle zone at ORD is not the best, maybe add some signage to let people know where the shuttle will stop so we can wait inside and look out? Probably a city issue but just an idea...

Room Tip: If you enjoy aviation like me then request a high room and facing the airport
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your January stay. Not much time left in the year to return for a "warmer" visit. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the future.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

First, this is a lovely and calming hotel lobby, room, and restaurant. An Oasis for the spirit. Each room is well appointed with very interesting architectural features. Fabrics and bedding were also excellent. And the bed comfort was like a soft nest. Some of the lovely appointments, though, made using the room a bit impractical for its intended purposes. For example, when staying in the room with anyone else, the glass door between the bedroom and the bathroom - and that door facing a wall-sized mirror in the entry, made for a total lack of visual and auditory privacy. Also, the totally vertical rainforest shower, while wonderful to stand under, caused some interesting contortions for rinsing. For the most part the room was clean, although we were dismayed to find used products int eh shower area. A quick call to the front desk brought immediate delivery of a fresh supply, though. Great points for responsive service throughout the hotel. The hotel's art collection was a visual feast. And the Starbuck's in the gift shop made me feel very welcome.
Overall a friendly, well-appointed hotel great for business travel, but also for a personal retreat. Close to GREAT food and great shopping in walking distance. I hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: Even though the jets for O'Hare go right past the windows, you never hear them! All rooms are VE...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, and our apologies for the error with the toiletries. If you'd prefer a tub w/ traditional shower, please let our desk agent upon arrival and they will be able to accommodate you.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent service, caring and expert staff with great rooms and amenities! Just superb! IHG Intercontinental Ambassador member rewards are best in industry. I stay frequently at this property and will continue to do so.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are fortunate to have guests who provide extensive feedback, as you have, allowing us to address certain areas and remain focused on our areas of strength. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

San Leandro, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I just stayed there for a couple of nights for a business meeting. This is a great location from the Chicago O'Hare airport. Free shuttle to and from the airport- great savings. The convention services were good. Food was fair- lots of options (healthy, not so healthy). I have to say I appreciated the fresh fruit and protein bars as an option for snacks in the convention area (vs standard cookies, soda). They did have the cookies and soda too but had healthy options as well. I arrived very early at the hotel (6am) after taking a red eye flight from the West Coast, needless to say I didn't get very much sleep on the flight. The front desk allowed me to check in early and get a few hours sleep before my meeting began. This was well appreciated. The hotel is very modern (lobby and rooms). The beds are comfortable and very roomy. I would visit this hotel again.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel. I was there for a convention. Check-in was fast and easy. As an IHG (Holiday Inn) rewards member, I was automatically given a late check-out (2:00 p.m.) which was great. The convention ended at noon and I had plenty of time to return to my room for my things. This courtesy was extended to me without asking...which was nice.

The room was large and clean with a great view. The bathroom was large but dark...very little lighting. If you are a bath person, you won't like that there is no tub. As I am a shower person, this did not bother me. The shower stall had a rain showerhead, which I am always happy to see. The toiletries (one small hand lotion, shampoo, conditioner and body wash) were spare and they only provided 2 washcloths. However, they did have a variety of other personal items such as an emery board, sewing kit, shower cap with a hair scrunchi (never had a hotel provide scrunchies before!), make-up remover pads, q-tips, etc. The alarm clock has an Iphone docking station for the Iphone 5. I believe there is an adaptor for the Iphone 4. Sorry android users, no in-room docking stations for you!There was what I assume was a shoeshine brush and a long-handled shoe horn. And finally, there is a minibar in the room but beware! It is a cash bar and if you move anything, you will be charged for it. Apparently, the fridge/minibar is connected to a computer that registers when you take something out so you are warned that you will be charged even if you return the item. That being said, the bar was well stocked with high priced spirits, sodas and snacks (chocolate raising, peanuts, etc.). I believe a Kit Kat bar was $8.

There is a parking garage attached to the hotel but I thought it was not well designed. There is also a new premium outlet mall just steps away. I am told there is also a casino nearby.

The service at this hotel was great. As mentioned above, check-in was quick and easy and late-checkout was automatically offered to club members. One evening, my friend's car lost power and the hotel dispatched someone with 5 minutes to give her a jump. We were not charged for the jump. She had also left her phone charger at home and the front desk staff was happy to charge her cellphone for her. Check-out was quick...even though there was a long line, the line moved quickly. Whenever I came in contact with one of the hotel staff members, I never felt like I was bothering them. There were professional and accommodating.

I did not give the hotel full marks because of the dark bathroom and scant toiletries. However, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 10th floor facing the city. Nice view and very quiet. I would have also enjoyed the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!