“Quick and everything I needed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Bozeman, Montana
“Quick and everything I needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for the first time last January, arrived late from overseas and left early the next morning. Actually I believe I was in the hotel for less than 6 hours, but it lived up to the reviews, quick easy check in/out, clean rooms/room request was correct. Only drawback was the bar apparently closed around 1am and the room service menu was small, but the soup was delicious. Also waiting roughly 25 minutes for the shuttle after midnight in January was not the best but being from colder climates it was acceptable. As many others have said, the airport shuttle zone at ORD is not the best, maybe add some signage to let people know where the shuttle will stop so we can wait inside and look out? Probably a city issue but just an idea...

Room Tip: If you enjoy aviation like me then request a high room and facing the airport
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at InterContinental Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your January stay. Not much time left in the year to return for a "warmer" visit. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the future.

697 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

First, this is a lovely and calming hotel lobby, room, and restaurant. An Oasis for the spirit. Each room is well appointed with very interesting architectural features. Fabrics and bedding were also excellent. And the bed comfort was like a soft nest. Some of the lovely appointments, though, made using the room a bit impractical for its intended purposes. For example, when staying in the room with anyone else, the glass door between the bedroom and the bathroom - and that door facing a wall-sized mirror in the entry, made for a total lack of visual and auditory privacy. Also, the totally vertical rainforest shower, while wonderful to stand under, caused some interesting contortions for rinsing. For the most part the room was clean, although we were dismayed to find used products int eh shower area. A quick call to the front desk brought immediate delivery of a fresh supply, though. Great points for responsive service throughout the hotel. The hotel's art collection was a visual feast. And the Starbuck's in the gift shop made me feel very welcome.
Overall a friendly, well-appointed hotel great for business travel, but also for a personal retreat. Close to GREAT food and great shopping in walking distance. I hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: Even though the jets for O'Hare go right past the windows, you never hear them! All rooms are VE...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, and our apologies for the error with the toiletries. If you'd prefer a tub w/ traditional shower, please let our desk agent upon arrival and they will be able to accommodate you.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent service, caring and expert staff with great rooms and amenities! Just superb! IHG Intercontinental Ambassador member rewards are best in industry. I stay frequently at this property and will continue to do so.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are fortunate to have guests who provide extensive feedback, as you have, allowing us to address certain areas and remain focused on our areas of strength. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

San Leandro, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I just stayed there for a couple of nights for a business meeting. This is a great location from the Chicago O'Hare airport. Free shuttle to and from the airport- great savings. The convention services were good. Food was fair- lots of options (healthy, not so healthy). I have to say I appreciated the fresh fruit and protein bars as an option for snacks in the convention area (vs standard cookies, soda). They did have the cookies and soda too but had healthy options as well. I arrived very early at the hotel (6am) after taking a red eye flight from the West Coast, needless to say I didn't get very much sleep on the flight. The front desk allowed me to check in early and get a few hours sleep before my meeting began. This was well appreciated. The hotel is very modern (lobby and rooms). The beds are comfortable and very roomy. I would visit this hotel again.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel. I was there for a convention. Check-in was fast and easy. As an IHG (Holiday Inn) rewards member, I was automatically given a late check-out (2:00 p.m.) which was great. The convention ended at noon and I had plenty of time to return to my room for my things. This courtesy was extended to me without asking...which was nice.

The room was large and clean with a great view. The bathroom was large but dark...very little lighting. If you are a bath person, you won't like that there is no tub. As I am a shower person, this did not bother me. The shower stall had a rain showerhead, which I am always happy to see. The toiletries (one small hand lotion, shampoo, conditioner and body wash) were spare and they only provided 2 washcloths. However, they did have a variety of other personal items such as an emery board, sewing kit, shower cap with a hair scrunchi (never had a hotel provide scrunchies before!), make-up remover pads, q-tips, etc. The alarm clock has an Iphone docking station for the Iphone 5. I believe there is an adaptor for the Iphone 4. Sorry android users, no in-room docking stations for you!There was what I assume was a shoeshine brush and a long-handled shoe horn. And finally, there is a minibar in the room but beware! It is a cash bar and if you move anything, you will be charged for it. Apparently, the fridge/minibar is connected to a computer that registers when you take something out so you are warned that you will be charged even if you return the item. That being said, the bar was well stocked with high priced spirits, sodas and snacks (chocolate raising, peanuts, etc.). I believe a Kit Kat bar was $8.

There is a parking garage attached to the hotel but I thought it was not well designed. There is also a new premium outlet mall just steps away. I am told there is also a casino nearby.

The service at this hotel was great. As mentioned above, check-in was quick and easy and late-checkout was automatically offered to club members. One evening, my friend's car lost power and the hotel dispatched someone with 5 minutes to give her a jump. We were not charged for the jump. She had also left her phone charger at home and the front desk staff was happy to charge her cellphone for her. Check-out was quick...even though there was a long line, the line moved quickly. Whenever I came in contact with one of the hotel staff members, I never felt like I was bothering them. There were professional and accommodating.

I did not give the hotel full marks because of the dark bathroom and scant toiletries. However, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 10th floor facing the city. Nice view and very quiet. I would have also enjoyed the...
eastchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Recently stayed here as part of a group meeting. Hotel is well appointed has very good service staff. Hotel provided catering was served very well and a step above the usual airport confrence catering. If you need to get away from the hotel, there are many excellent choices very close by... Outlet mall within EASY walking distance. about 45 min from downtown chicago.

Room Tip: Designer Outlet Mall nearby was a great place to shop!
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Since becoming a member of "Priority Club" a few years ago (now the IHG Loyalty Card program), with one or two minor hiccoughs, I have found the hotels run by IHG of a consist high standard and the Intercontinental at Chicago O'Hare is no exception. We chose the hotel as a one-night stopover on our journey between London and Honolulu. While I would agree it won't "knock your socks off", the hotel is clean. spacious, well maintained and finished in an artistic, quirky way that held our interest and became a talking point over breakfast!

Reception was slick and efficient with our reservation pulled up on the bank of Apple computers within seconds. I had requested to be put on the "upgrade list" and was offered a One Bedroom Suite for $47 extra which seemed very reasonable, and the receptionist confirmed this immediately.

The suite was massive with plenty of storage space, (I suspect the floor area is larger than the entire ground floor of our house!) There was a coffee maker in the room and plenty of coffee, creamer and sugar (I am a little surprised at the previous reviewer's comment as I thought all IHG properties had coffee makers - I would have queried that with reception as it may have been that the coffee maker had been removed as faulty and awaiting replacement.)

We walked to the "Rosemont" Subway Station which is about ten minutes away. It is a little tricky to find, as it is not signposted, but once you know where it is, trains to the downtown area are frequent and it takes about 35 minutes to be in the sightseeing area.

Enjoying a really good night's sleep, the suite had a grandstand view of the O'Hare runways. Despite being able to "aeroplane spot" clearly, there was no accompanying sound of jet engines or airport traffic due the the hotel's outstanding soundproofing qualities.

Breakfast was cooked to perfection and reasonably priced (I opted for the Full American deal, Mrs Bealine chose the Continental option) Again, the serving staff were friendly and helpful and the dining area immaculately clean with the tureens and silverware polished to a high standard.

There is complimentary transportation between the airport and the hotel which runs about every twenty minutes during the daytime.

Room Tip: If it's offered, take the upgrade option to a suite!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!