We arrived at O'Hare at 3:00pm. The kiosk for United baggage claim did not have the Intercontinental Hotel on the options for contact. Lousy signage meant we walked all over trying to find the hotel shuttle and ended up taking a taxi to the hotel. This is not the hotel's fault, but leads to the disappointment. Upon arrival with the taxi, there were two men at the door and didn't bother to open the door or greet us until we had gotten out and unloaded suitcases and then asked "are you checking in?" You think? I've been to other Intercontinental hotels and they are practically ripping the door open before you stop so this seemed pretty laid back.
We checked in (having prepaid for the rooms). Would love if someone could tell me why the expensive hotels charge $13/day for internet and the less costly hotels give it to you free????
Rooms were nicely appointed, but my problem comes with the bathroom.
Why the bathroom? I have shoulder length hair that can be washed in about 3 minutes with proper water flow. These bathrooms have only the waterfall shower head with as much water pressure as a slow leak on your faucet. So a shower that should be quick ends up taking forever. Should have a hand held as an option to the waterfall. Not enough horizontal space and be prepared to splash your feet when you wash your hands in the sink.
Had dinner at the McCormick & Schmick attached to the hotel. Very nice dinner.
All in all, I consider this a disappointment and a no return. Too bad because I am fond of Intercontinental in other cities.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Chicago o Hare
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Chicago O hare is the area s first luxury hotel with its very own art gallery featuring a full-time curator and monthly art exhibitions. The works of Chicago's most intriguing artists are displayed throughout the hotel. After dinner enjoy live entertainment in our very own Montrose Theatre. Architecture buffs will enjoy a visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home while sports fans can attend a game at nearby Wrigley Field. We are located just minutes from O Hare International Airport and 14 miles west of downtown Chicago, making us the perfect destination for business and conference guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.