Yes, it's an airport hotel - but it's a lovelier airport hotel than you'll find virtually anywhere else. During my stay staff were accommodating and quite gracious. Everyone I encountered was professional but also seemed genuinely friendly. Public areas in the hotel were sleek yet inviting. If time would have allowed, I could have spent many more hours enjoying the world class art that is on display in the gallery and throughout the hotel.
In my large junior suite the bedding, soft-goods and furnishings were all in excellent shape. There was a well-stocked mini-bar, along with a Keurig coffee maker for the morning hit of caffeine. My suite had ample storage space -- not counting the walk-in closet. More importantly, electric outlets were plentiful and well-positioned.
The bathroom was large and beautiful. Unfortunately the design seemed to emphasize form over function, particularly with the sink and almost non-existent counter space. Lighting was also a problem for make-up application despite the sleek unlighted second make-up mirror. I do enjoy rainfall showers but prefer to have the option of a second hand-held sprayer for the days when I don't want to wash my hair. (Disclaimer: My bathroom preferences are probably different from those of male travelers.)
If you have a bit of time to shop before your next flight, the hotel is located to take prime advantage of the Fashion Outlets of Chicago complex that opened in early August. I'd go back again to stock up on Godiva Chocolates and fab finds at the Chico's store in the mall.
Come to think of it, I had such an enjoyable time at the InterContinental O'Hare that I might deliberately plan a layover there the next time I travel through Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Chicago o Hare
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Chicago O hare is the area s first luxury hotel with its very own art gallery featuring a full-time curator and monthly art exhibitions. The works of Chicago's most intriguing artists are displayed throughout the hotel. After dinner enjoy live entertainment in our very own Montrose Theatre. Architecture buffs will enjoy a visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home while sports fans can attend a game at nearby Wrigley Field. We are located just minutes from O Hare International Airport and 14 miles west of downtown Chicago, making us the perfect destination for business and conference guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.