“Great accommodations at the end of the road” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Chicago O'Hare

Save Saved
You added Loews Chicago O'Hare to your Saves list
Loews Chicago O'Hare
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 N River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018 (Formerly InterContinental Chicago O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Chicago, Illinois
“Great accommodations at the end of the road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The check-in was very friendly and a room was available at an early hour. The rooms were quite spacious and luxurious - a bit of a surprise for the price I paid. Handicapped rooms have a roll-in shower stall that results in some water splashing but are easy to navigate for anyone. Nice touch - light switches next to the bed to turn off overhead and reading lights on either side of the bed. Breakfast service was excellent but pricey. Airport van is very helpful - this hotel is the farthest Rosemont hotel down River Road from the blue line CTA station; tough if you are pulling luggage.

Room Tip: Lower rooms on the East side have a view of the rooftop equipment for the two restaurants in front o...

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I recently stayed here on my layover. Check in was easy and the staff was extremely polite. The rooms were spacious and quiet. Service was excellent. They have a shuttle to go to the airport every 20 minutes. Getting the shuttle from the airport is tricky as the Bus station is located close to the airport Hilton. Food was excellent. The only problem I had was the delay in getting my room. They explained this was because the hotel was sold out the day before. Otherwise everything was excellent.

Room Tip: High floors for better view
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for a night before an early morning flight from O'Hare. The executive suite was very spacious, impeccably clean, and appointed with contemporary furniture and decor. Frosted glass sliding doors separate the bedroom from the living room. The main bathroom has a large, glass, walk-in shower and modern fixtures. Another powder room is just inside the entrance. Our arrival was late and departure was early, so we didn't use any of the other hotel amenities or dining. The lobby was spacious and checkin was quick and courteous. The shuttle service wasn't running so the hotel paid for a private taxi to take us to the airport in the morning.

Room Tip: we stayed in an executive suite. very spacious, modern, and luxurious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Holland, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed here several times and each time has been a good experience. We will stay here in the future.
Room was clean and modern, the chair is modern and looks cool but uncomfortable to sit in.
Only 1 washcloth per room, since when? We had to call housekeeping twice to get more.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very surprised with the hotel. Modern, good taste, rooms and bathrooms were impeccable. Had a gallery inside, so if you have time enjoy the paintings. Food was excellent and service was great. The only thing is that the room key kept getting discharged despite the fact I kept it away from my cell. You may want to carry more than 1 key.

South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel is beautiful. We had a gorgeous view of the rooftop A/C units. When you get a bargain rate, who can complain? Everything was nice and modern but not very practical. The sink was odd-looking and had no ledge to rest things like a razor or toothbrush. They provided a hair dryer but it was hung from the wall in a bag. The mini-bar fridge was packed so tight, I had no room for my insulin. I didn't dare move anything, per the warning on a card saying it was electronically monitored and I would be charged if an item was moved. I asked for help with my bags. For some reason, they lock up the luggage carts and you can't use them yourself. The man said he would bring them up "in five minutes". I went and got them myself after 1/2 hour. (I checked in close to midnight) Parking is over $20/day, Wi-fi is $13/day, Make sure you bring some beverages and snacks because there isn't a store nearby, no vending machines that I saw. You're pretty much left with room-service and the mini-bar. The thing I'm really upset about is the 2 bottles of water on the dresser. They each had a paper ring on them with the $5 price clearly marked. I DIDN'T TOUCH THEM throughout my stay. They charged my credit card for 2 of them. There was no mention if it on my hotel bill. I called and the first person I talked to said I must have taken them. He transferred me to someone in accounting who reversed the charges no questions asked. I have a feeling this is a common practice at this place. Most people wouldn't even notice the charges.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Amata81,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received was less than satisfactory. We also apologize for the experience you had with your hotel bill. We're glad that this was taken care of. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here on an evening out with my wife before a jazz concert. The reception staff were friendly and professional. The rooms are extremely nice, spacious and the decor modern contemporary. Room was supplied with everything you'd need including a docking station for a I-pod, bath robes, and even a shoe horn. Bed was extremely comfortable. Great relaxing visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!