“Smooth Jazz Chicago” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel

You added Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 N River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018 (Formerly InterContinental Chicago O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Detroit, Michigan
“Smooth Jazz Chicago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I attended a contemporary jazz concert at the Montrose Room in the hotel on 5/12/13. The venue is so intimate and perfect for watching a concert. There is no bad seat in the house. I commend the hotel and SmoothJazzChicago.net for collaborating on bringing wonderful contemporary jazz acts to Chicago.

I decided to splurge and stay the night at the hotel. This is nicer than the typical airport hotel. My room was decorated in a modern style, very clean lines, and well-located lighting. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. The only thing I missed in the room was a coffee maker. I'm a person that likes my coffee as soon as I wake up and not have to get dressed to get it, however this is not a strike against the hotel as I don't expect all hotels to have that amenity.

I used the fitness center in the morning prior to checking-out. It's well-appointed and clean.

I look forward to returning to this hotel and enjoying more concerts in the Montrose Room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Yes, our Montrose Room shows are frequently selling out, so we do advise tickets be purchased in advance. Please visit our Montrose Room web site for information.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
chesterfield South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Rooms were clean and dated well. Front desk was excellent. The Frisco restaurant on site serves a very good burger. The Union employees in the restaurant were very professional. The breakfast buffet was second to none. We had a little problem with people not involved in our meeting walking through our meeting to get to another conference room. Overall very well done!

Room Tip: As with any hotel stay away from the exit doors!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to hold your conference with us. If we can do anything to assist with your future needs, let us know.

Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great friendly service both from the hotel and banquet staff. Very clean rooms, but not a quiet as I would expect from this nameplate. Granted they are near an airport, but that should have been part of the design. Shuttle service to and from O'Hare is good, occurring every 20 minutes. The heavy union influence was a turn off with almost all employees wearing a pin. When I asked a couple of them "why" they replied that we have to if we want to work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. Sorry you were able to hear the plane traffic. That is a very rare occurence. Our building was designed to keep this noise out which is the case nearly 100% of the time. We hope you choose to return very soon and let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've spent three days here for a business trip. The Intercontinental O'Hare confirms the good reputation the Intercontinental group has worldwide. The hotel is strategically positioned very close to the international airport, connected with a reliable free shuttle service (every 20 minutes, starting at the hour). The area is surrounded by offices (my one happens to be right behind the hotel), but not only, there are very good restaurants in the area (I'll make separate reviews for them) and the FRESCO21, the in-house restaurant is providing good food and fast service. The room was clean and size above average. A bit noisy the air conditioning (that is why I'm rating it with four stars instead of five). The gym was also well equipped, but a bit small for such a big hotel, it happened to be quite crowdy. All in all, I would recommend it and would certainly select it again. Courtesy wi-fi was provided, with very good speed and availability. I believe it is a must in a business oriented facility like this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your thorough review. Since your company's offices are behind the hotel, you might return in the future. If so, let us know if we can do anything else for you. Also, since you're fmailiar with the location, you know that the new shopping mall - 125 upscale stores - will be opening behind us in less than 3 months. This will be a wonderful addition for our guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my birthday and we were upgraded to a suite. It was beautiful and very spacious. Everything was very clean. The breakfast buffet was delicious with so many choice. The stay was perfect:-). I would recommend and stay here again for sure!

• Stayed January 2013
Happy Birthday! We hope we see you again next year...or sooner.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a business meeting. The staff is extremely helpful and responsive, from when I made the reservation through my short stay. I had a package sent to the hotel with meeting materials and it arrived safely and immediately sent to my room upon my arrival. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel is convenience although I would have appreciated the use of air conditioning on the 80 degree day.

The business center is self serve, uses Macs (which is highly inconvenient when your materials are PC-based) and is very expensive. I did appreciate being able to print out my boarding pass for free but spent $25 to use their computer for 10 minutes and print one document. Much too expensive, in my opinion.

The room is nice enough and very modern. The bathroom is actually too modern for my particular taste (see pictures). The shower head is a rain shower head that just drops water down from the ceiling, it cannot be adjusted in any way and the shower does not have a door to completely enclose it. I am also a bath person and there was no bathtub, only a shower. The hot water was plentiful. The sink is also a type where water splashes everywhere. There is also a magnified makeup mirror (but without a light). They do offer a great deal of bathroom amenities, including good toiletries, shower cap, cotton swabs, nail file, sewing kit - a full range of items not often offered by all hotels these days - even business hotels. The lighting in the bathroom is very low and there is also limited counter space.

The meeting room for our meeting was set up on-time and the staff members working the AV and breakfast were wonderful and responsive. The food was very good. The acoustics for the meeting were good as well. I would definitely have another meeting here.

Taxis do not service the property constantly so if you need one, you need to request one in advance.

Just because I am not a fan of the modern style, I would not ding the property for that fact necessarily so I would recommend this property to others, especially if they are into the modern set-up/layout.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. You interacted with many departments and used much of our facility - again, thank you.
One clarification - our business center computers are compatible with all operating systems, not just Macs. Our business center managers are available to assist.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Big rooms with full amenities and though you can see the busy airport from your window, it is not as noisy as you expect it.
A nice modern and clean lobby but little experienced check in staff.
Have seen better room service menus in other Intercont and got sick from the breakfast which is not very tempting.
Nice area around the hotel and would stay again if I am connecting in Chicago but would eat somewhere around.
Price is very reasonable and over all it is superb for a hotel by the airport though I was disappointed to pay 22 U.S.D per nigh for the parking in an area where could have been a plenty of space for parking and after all it is not a downtown location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback. Please let us know if you plan on returning anytime soon.
Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!