Stayed at this property for an Arthur Murray Ballroom showcase. It was easy to access, and the price of the room was great. I stayed Saturday night and checked out Sunday morning. The hotel was very busy the night we checked in, so we had to go up many levels in the parking deck to get a spot. It was easy enough to find the lobby to check in, and the person checking us in was very nice. She gave us some parking vouchers in case we wanted to leave the hotel and come back in.
We had a nice room. Sadly, our room did not have the rain shower that many of their rooms offer. Further, they use feather pillows only in the room, and I find those very uncomfortable. There was plenty of space for my friend and I. I was happy to see that there was a closet to hang my dresses and an iron and ironing board, should I need it. The bathroom was very cool, even though it didn't have the rain shower. I think those are offered on higher floors. Not sure how it works. In-room movies are around $12/movie, just an FYI. Didn't order one.
Happy to see that there was a coffee shop/gift shop near the lobby. It was open until 11pm. There was nice artwork around the whole hotel. Dissapointed that there was no pool. The fitness center was very nice, and there were three restaurants located at the hotel. One was inside the hotel, the other two located just outside the hotel. We did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants, due to price. There was also a bar in the hotel, but no one was in there when we were at the hotel. I hear the Montrose Room is a very cool space, but an event was in session when we arrived. The ballroom space where our event was held was very spacious and nice. The lights were in the shape of large roses(which made taking pictures harder because it was a soft light). The night before someone from catering let us see the room where our event would be held. He was very knowledgeable about the questions I asked about meeting space and when the hotel opened. The catered food for the event was just sub-par. Not overly impressive.
In the lobby, they have a separate area for concierge (the people who are supposed to recommend things in the area, etc.). The entire time I was at the hotel, no one was at that desk. I am not sure what the point is, if you don't have someone there to offer the service. The employees at the check-in area didn't seem inclined to recommend places to eat in the area and were not knowledgeable about what was offered in the area. Further, the next day when I went to pay the bill, they had added the overnight parking fee to our bill. My friend had wanted to pay for it when we left. The woman helping me would not take it off the bill, however, so I ended up paying for everything.
Summary: I liked this hotel. It was new, the rooms were spacious and very clean. The whole hotel was clean. It would be a good business hotel for overnight stays. Overall, I was not impressed, though. There are things, service wise, that needed to happen in order to put this hotel over the "average." Also, they should offer rain showers in every room and put some extra, NON-feather pillows in the room.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Chicago o Hare
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Chicago O hare is the area s first luxury hotel with its very own art gallery featuring a full-time curator and monthly art exhibitions. The works of Chicago's most intriguing artists are displayed throughout the hotel. After dinner enjoy live entertainment in our very own Montrose Theatre. Architecture buffs will enjoy a visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home while sports fans can attend a game at nearby Wrigley Field. We are located just minutes from O Hare International Airport and 14 miles west of downtown Chicago, making us the perfect destination for business and conference guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.