Having stayed in many hotels around the globe, I can honestly say this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. If not, THE best hotel. The service was impeccable, the rooms were clean, smelled fresh and were nicely decorated, the staff was amazing the location was perfect. After having stayed for one night in the Marriott SpringHill Suites before I arrived in this hotel, this was a breath of fresh air. A big breath.
I was welcomed by Sam (I won't mention his last name for privacy reasons). This gentlemen knows was hospitality is all about. We had a friendly chat for a couple of minutes and before I knew it, I received free wireless internet and a great corner room on the top floor. He really knows how to please his guests and how to let them come back. Kudos Sam, you did great, keep it up!
The room itself was excellent - a standard King. I realize I had a great location (top and corner), but apart from that, the room smelled clean and was nicely decorated in a Scandinavian sort of style. The bathroom was clean, nicely sized, looked great and had a nice rain shower (which could be a little more powerfull). There was a "KEURIG" coffee machine, ice in the bucket ready for use, a fully stocked mini bar which actually allows you to look at things for 45 seconds before you get charged and a newspaper every morning (USA Today).
Internet reception was OK-ish. The reception varied between 1 and 48 Mbps, depending on the location in the room and the time of the day. Usually in the early evening hours, the usage was around 1 Mbps, which is usable, but not really 2011, Given all the other pros, this con was a minor detail though :-). I enjoyed my internet anyway.
Parking was 22 USD flat rate per 24 hours, if I recall correctly. At the desk you can get a special (blue) voucher card which allows you to drive in and out and get the parking charged to your room. You should consider doing this. When you drive out, make sure you first insert the card you obtained when driving in, after that, insert the voucher card. The voucher card you get back after it is processed.
Room service could not have been better. Ordering was smooth and they actually give you a good estimate when it gets delivered. In both my cases it got delivered even before the estimate. Room service was brought up to me by a gentlemen named Cam. He was an extremely nice guy. Very polite and every time he brought room service, we had a nice chat. He also explained nicely what he actually brought up. In a lot of hotels nowadays they just drop the tray on the table, ask for a signature and then leave. Not Cam, he did some explaining first.
All in all, my stay really was excellent. I used to be a Marriott fan, but more and more I am leaning towards IHG, to which InterContinental and Crowne Plaza both belong. If you ever consider a hotel in the CHG area, use this one. You pay a little more for the extras, like breakfast, internet and parking, but it is well worth the money in my perspective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loews Chicago O'Hare is the area's first luxury hotel with its very own art gallery featuring a full-time curator and monthly art exhibitions. The works of Chicago's most intriguing artists are displayed throughout the hotel. After dinner enjoy live entertainment in our very own Montrose Theatre. Architecture buffs will enjoy a visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home while sports fans can attend a game at nearby Wrigley Field. We are located just minutes from O Hare International Airport and 14 miles west of downtown Chicago, making us the perfect destination for business and conference guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Hotel Rosemont