“Decent economy hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Decent economy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

A great place to stay w/ kids, nice sized continental breakfast complimentary to all guests. Obvious noise from the airport, but entertaining if you ask for a view of the airport w/ good visibility for arrivals. Noise from air unit was irritating, but the comfort of the beds made up for it. Seriously good mattresses, and clean, white linens (no nasty reused bed spreads). Chair in room could use a cleaning, not sure why they don't go back to minimalist period chairs which would be wipe-able (kind of grosses me out). All in all a good place if you need something cheap near the airport, or are in for a conference as we were. Great indoor pool...warm water (according to the kids and we're from Wisconsin so basing water temps off the lakes we normally swim in).

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for an airport view, it will entertain them for a while in the morning. :), or...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
MadCityGirl73,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Kids truly do love staying on the top floors and watching planes come it and I am happy to see that your kids enjoyed that as well. Our kiddie pool is a great amenity for families that stay here at the hotel.

I have the same mattress at home and I can say first hand that I love it!! Thank you so much once again for the kind review and I we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hortonville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was great. The front desk lady not only checked us in she reserved a taxi for early morning departure. Upon our return we picked up at the terminal and back to the hotel promptly. The room was clean the pillows soft the room quiet and the water pressure in the shower was great. We had complimentary breakfast the next morning with numerous wedding guests. We had no idea a party was going the night before. The breakfast was the best my wife and I ever had. We will be back this Spring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thomas P,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. It is nice to read reviews when the customer gets to experience everything we have to offer.

The staff prides themselves on being one of the friendliest and cleanliest hotels around. The breakfast is a signature item for all Holiday Inn Expresses and I am glad you enjoyed it. We understand that a lot of customers choose Holiday Inn Express over our competition not only because we have a free breakfast but because of the quality of the breakfast.

Thank you once again for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you this spring.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We needed a 1 night stay after landing late in the evening.
Less than a mile from car hire pick up, restaurants near by, right on major road junctions for ease of onward journey.
This is a safe bet when your tired and just want familiarity with a nice breakfast. Very reasonable rates.

• Stayed October 2013
Tog1966,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you enjoy Holiday Inn Expresses and we held up that same standard that you are used to.

Hopefully, next time you can stay longer than just a day and use my complimentary shuttle to drop you off at the train and enjoy downtown Chicago. It is a great amenity that we offer up that a lot of customers take advantage of.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Overnight to wait for a morning flight, wanted to keep the cost close to $100, and be close to O'hare airport.

Key things to note that make me give this 4 stars:
- HVAC system is quieter than most lower end hotels
- Room is not worn, it's in very good shape
- King size bed is nice, pillows clean and no odors
- Workout room was far nicer than anticipated

Cons:
- No breakfast area; but this is not a major for me

Certainly would recommend this.

Called the hotel for a shuttle bus, it arrive in 10 minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WilliamKR,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our rooms and fitness center. The fitness center is state of the art because we know how important it is to our customers to have a great area to work out in.

Is there a chance you can email me with some of your information so I can find your reservation? We have a complimentary hot breakfast with a very large breakfast room so I would like to find your reservation to see who checked you in. It is a standard for all Holiday Inn Expresses to offer a complimentary breakfast every morning. My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

It's about midnight here at the hotel, and as I am getting ready to turn in for the night, I decide to check my suit for tomorrow morning's presentation (I need to be in the Chicago sales office by about 7:30am). At this point horror strikes me as I realize....I didn't pack a shirt!

I'm exhausted at this point (It's Eastern time where I live, so it's almost 1am), and Brittany looks up on google to find the closest 24 hour Walmart. It's in Niles, 25 minutes away. Ugh! I call Walmart to find that they "might" have a shirt for me. Right about then Esmaralda speaks up and says there may be a blue shirt that's used for employees downstairs. I give her my shirt size and sit back and hope and pray there is one. Brittany and Esmaralda are off in a flash (well, after asking Tom to unlock the door, who sprang up and helped right away) and come back with a clean, neat, blue shirt (perfect for my blue suit) completely in my size!

I'm SO grateful. They saved the day big time! I hope they get a bag of cash. Ok, ok, I realize that may not be possible, but I hope they get kudos of some kind if at all possible. Tripadvisor is getting glowing recommendations from me, by the way. This is only my second time staying in this hotel, and I've had amazing service and wonderful rooms as well. I've just recently decided to try IHG from Hilton properties, and tonight's stay may have brought me over to the IHG family!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade. The first time I got a really nice suite, and this time...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Justin,

First and foremost, thank you so much for the email and kind words regarding Brittan and Esmeralda! I have been in this industry a long time and know how hard it is to get a good staff that actually care about the hotel and not just a paycheck and Brittany and Esmeralda display that on a daily basis. I can assure you they will be recognized and commended for their efforts.

It is also nice to hear that because of those ladies they have helped bring you to the IHG Family. We try to represent the IHG Family the best way possible and I am sure you will see similar service at other IHG properties.

Thank you once again it truly was a pleasure to read your email! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and if there is anything else I can do for you moving forward please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful week!

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Really close to the airport with ample parking (free), the HIE serves it purpose for the business traveller. The reception staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are fairly well furnished and look clean. Beds are comfortable.

The breakfast is an expanded "Continental" with hoot food on offer, and better than average.

My only gripe (and that of other guests as I see): the WiFi service in the rooms is very slow, with the connection breaking up at times. It is difficult to understand how a hotel that primarily (?) caters for the business traveller cannot ensure a decent internet service. At least there is an interesting lobby feature: access to a printer that let's you print your boarding pass (apart form several open use computers).

Room Tip: Any location is fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HarryAnnie,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see you enjoyed the breakfast, guestroom, as well as my staff. We work extremely hard and pride ourselves on being one of the cleanliest and friendliest hotels around and it is nice to see positive reviews regarding that.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with the wireless internet. I know we had an outage that took a little time to fix which could have been the issue. The only reason I say that is because we just upgraded our entire system a couple of months ago and I have not heard too many complaints regarding the internet. We have a 100 Meg line that comes into the building as well as brand new access points and a zone director that communicates all the access points. I have heard a lot of great things since upgrading everything.
Hopefully, the next time you stay with us you will see the improvements. Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a rough day of travel and decide to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The location is approximately 5 minutes away from the airport. I was greated by the front desk manager George Galloway. He had the greatest smile and seemed to care about how my day went. He put me in a great room and took time to explain the feature:s of the hotel. Had a wonderful stay. Thanks George.

• Stayed October 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Flyinthemost,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to commend George for his efforts. At the hotel we take great pride in give great service that customers love and are the standard for all Holiday Inn Expresses. George has always done a wonderful job working with our customers and truly does care about each and every customer.

Thank you once again for staying with us and leaving the review and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!