“Great Rooms, Great Staff, Close to Airport, Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
“Great Rooms, Great Staff, Close to Airport, Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Hotel is very close to O'Hare airport. Spacious rooms, very clean hotel - both the lobby and the rooms. Has got a fitness center and pool. Breakfast options are ok. Reception staff is great. Special mention of Brittany - She was outstanding. Guided me to The Park on my first night and I had great dinner there. Then when I wanted to have Mexican food, she sent me to Maria's where I had fabulous dinner and drinks. Thankyou Brittany. The hotel has a shuttle service to airport, every 30 minutes. Overall a wonderful hotel and good valur for money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
ANILKM,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with Brittany and commend her for her efforts. We strive to be the friendliest and cleanliest hotel around and I am happy to see we met those expectations for you.

I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of some of the hotels amenities. People love staying with us and using our shuttle to get to the train to go downtown.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Franklin, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels around the country and chose this one based on positive experiences at the other hotels.

Pros:
It is adjacent to O'Hare, convenient for those flying in and out of Chicago. It is roughly 25 minutes to city center, if traffic is light.
It is relatively inexpensive. Hotels just slightly closer to the city center run hundreds of dollars more per night.
The pool and fitness area are nice.
Free parking and Free Breakfast.

Cons:
The internet is really slow.
The bathrooms are old and seem dingy.
Service is sub-par for any hotel, let alone a Holiday Inn Express.

Our Experience:
An item of our son's was left behind on our checkout day of 10/19/2013. I called 5 times between 10/19 and 10/20, when we left the Chicago area, trying to get in touch with lost and found/housekeeping. My call was never answered by the lost and found/houskeeping department after letting the phone ring 15-20+ times. I called back on 10/20 and asked the front desk to check on the item in lost and found since I was unable to reach anyone from that department, and they refused. I asked them to page housekeeping directly and they sent me to another phone line that rang 20+ times with no answer. I called back on 10/20 and asked to speak to a manager. I was transferred to an extension starting with 7 where an automated voice told me my call couldn't be taken and to leave a message. I left a message for the manager with my problem and phone number and never received a call back. O'Hare HIE was too far out of the way to drive all the way back without knowing for sure that our item was still there. We have now returned home and have little hope to recover the item if it was indeed left at the hotel. Very disappointed with the service, especially given the fact that the phones are answered, "How can I offer you world-class service today?"

Room Tip: Rooms are dated and average for the era of the hotel. If you need an inexpensive place to stay and d...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Beb79,

I am truly sorry to hear that you had an inconvenience when trying to get a hold of our lost and found department. We actually put in a brand new phone switch on Friday the 18th and noticed that on Sunday it was not working the way it was supposed so we called the support team out and they were working on it all night Sunday and into Monday. The phone switch is up and working 100% so if you would like to call and speak with me I would be more than happy to help you out. My phone number is 847-544-7515 and my email is amiller@hieohare.com.

It is very shocking to hear that you thought the internet was slow. We upgraded the internet a couple of months ago and added a 100 meg line that comes into the hotel along with all brand new access points and zone directors so this is one of the first times I have heard that someone has had an issue with the speed.

We do pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service and by the previous reviews you can see that we normally hold up those standards. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cleveland Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Two big benefits are reasonable price and good proximity to Ohara airport. A clean property with spacious rooms, mostly comfortable beds and nice breakfast.
It is showing some wear and tear. Carpets, wall paper and furnishings all need some updates. That fact alone wouldn't prevent me from staying here again. Every thirty minutes they have a shuttle going to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013
Getsmart,

Thank you for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Since we are such a big hotel we are doing different types of improvements and upgrades all the time. We just finished putting in a top of the line internet service which customers who need the internet truly do love. There are quite a few other projects going on right now but I can assure you that the improvements that you stated will be addressed shortly.

I am glad to see you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast bar; it is the signature item for all Holiday Inn Express and we pride ourselves on serving a great product that guest love.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Whistler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Lobby, exercise room and pool are large.
Hotel room is good size and well laid out.
Bathroom is good size.
Beds new and great.
Only issue is that it's a bit of a challenge accessing the hotel. Persevere as it will be worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Heather P,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. A lot of customers really like our beds and I am happy to see that you enjoyed them as well.

Thank you once again for the review and have a wonderful week!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a 1nt stay and chose this property based on location as it was walking distance to the event. Excellent value for a modest rate property. All staff from courtesy airport shuttle to front desk, were excellent, courteous, professional and helpful. I arrived early and was able to get into my room. The hotel design is a bit dated but they have done a pleasant job of keeping decor pleasant and clean. I was impressed with thoughtful amenities for travelers -- coin laundry, top notch fitness equipment/gym, pool, their merchandise mart. On request microwave. They had a very large breakfast area that served an excellent free breakfast for guests. Restaurant next door which also offered room service. 15 minutes from ORD. I would recommend this property without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Junglejody,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am very happy to see that my whole staff from top to bottom made you feel welcomed and gave you great customer service.

We have a lot of great amenities and I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of most of them. Breakfast is very important to our guest at the hotel and we work extremely hard to ensure that the quality is top notch.

Thank you once again for the review and have a wonderful week!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We just had one night stopover at Chicago, before flying out. Therefore we chose this hotel. From the airport, the hotel provides transport. The hotel is located well. Right opposite the hotel, there is a big MacDonald restaurant and very close to the airport. The rooms were good and spacious. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn menu. But was good. Hotel also provides transport back to the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
SivaDubia,

I am happy you chose to stay with us during your one night stop over before flying out. I am glad the hotel met all your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully, next time you can stay a little longer with us and see all the hotel and area has to offer. We have a state of the art fitness center, lap size pool with a kiddie pool, and a game room inside the hotel. The Allstate Arena is literally walking distance to the hotel which a lot of people choose our hotel to stay and walk to the venue.

Thank you once again for your feedback I truly do appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful week!

Camano Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Julian helped assure that our first visit to Chicago was a special event. Our son and his wife live about 1 one mile from the hotel. but they live in a vey cramped apartment. Having the suite as our major get together spot was very comfortable. Also, you morning brunch area was a most pleasant surprise. We would definitely stay with you all again and highly recommend to others.

Bill and Kathy from Camano Island, Washington

Room Tip: If you have family that you will visit, make sure you get a suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kathy H,

I truly do appreciate the very kind review regarding the hotel and one of the staff members. Julian does a great job with our guests of the hotel and I am glad to see you recognized him. I will be sure to share your feedback with him and commend him for his efforts.

I seem to talk about the breakfast in almost every review I comment back on and it is because it is such a great spread and customers truly do enjoy it. I am happy that you enjoyed it and to let you know that all Holiday Inn Express have a similar breakfast so you can expect that anywhere you go.

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!