“Great location, Worth the Money” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Fresno, CA
“Great location, Worth the Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Huge property that was repurposed as an HI Express. Was very busy with a conference.

Was tough to find the entrance - road construction and restricted access once on the property - but discovered most of the barrier arms weren't activated. Once I figured it out, it wasn't bad.

The property is older and is showing its wear. We had a suite room by surprise, and it was absolutely cavernous. The breakfast buffet was terrific and well stocked.

Staff was very friendly. If we ever need a hotel close to O'Hare again, this will be my pick.

Room Tip: Upper floors are probably quieter -- seemed to have lots of conference activity on lower floors
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Practicaltraveler4,

Thank you for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We try to pride ourselves on being the friendliest and cleanliest hotel around and I love to see that we met those expectations for you.

Our breakfast is amazing is a signature item for all Holiday Inn Expresses and I truly do love it. I am happy to see you enjoyed it just as much as I do. We do look forward to seeing you again in the near future and thank you once again for the review. Have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
East Central Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I can tell you at first I was confused at trying to find the hotel. The exit was closed on the main road to O'Hare, and it took me a little bit to find the hotel. It was worth the extra time. It was dark, and when I first saw the top of the hotel I was a little concerned. It seemed dark around the top with not much lighting. It did not jump out at me as a top level hotel because of the lack of night lighting around the top. Just an observation. Now to the review of the inside. What I found when I entered was a completely remodeled hotel. Everything in the place was clean, and well maintained. The rooms were superior, and the best kept secret of the night was........NO AIRPLANE NOISE! I had a great sleep! That night I had four guest rooms as well. They all reported the same great experience.

The hotel staff was also very friendly, and the food was great. I will stay here again. A great value as well.

Room Tip: I had a king bed. It was a great sleep! I was on the 6th floor. No airplane noise. It was a grea...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
WuSongLong,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate and it will be sure to share your positive comments with the staff. We try to pride ourselves here as one of the cleanliest and friendliest places around and I am glad you were able to see that. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Have a wonderful week!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed one night only and feels right. Just what I was looking for. Secure, comfort, cleanness and affordable price. Also they have airport shuttle so you don't have to take care about taxis. The breakfast is good for the price (included). Staff are very kind.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Robertocjp,

I am glad we were able to meet all your needs while staying at the hotel. The breakfast is a signature for all Holiday Inn Expresses and I am glad you were able to enjoy it. Hopefully, next time you will be able to stay a little longer and enjoy some of the other amenities we have like our indoor pool or fitness center.

We also have a shuttle that will drop you off at the blue line train which runs to downtown Chicago which is a nice feature if you want to sight see.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Clean but small room and small bathroom. Good free breakfast. Very helpful staff, directed us to shuttle, train, bus. Free shuttle to/from airport. Airport is hub for catching train to downtown, etc. Very convenient for tourists.

• Stayed September 2013
DebbieInHouston,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and am happy you enjoyed your stay. The staff works extremely hard to become one of the cleanliest and friendliest hotels around and it is nice to see that there effort is paying off.
A lot of our customers love how easy it is to get to downtown from the hotel and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hope you have a wonderful week!

Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were checked in by Esmeralda who was very welcoming. The room was very clean and beds comfortable. The complementary breakfast which consisted of pastries, omelettes, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit and yogurt was just what we needed to start the day. The food was constantly replenished by the very friendly staff. We would certainly stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Slimjudith,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! Esmeralda works mainly our night shift because she does a wonderful job interaction with the customer of the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with her and commend her for her efforts.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our Smart Breakfast and noticed the hard work the breakfast attendants do while replenishing the food. They work extremely hard in there and take great pride in putting out great food guest love.

Hopefully, the next time you are here you will be able to take advantage of our lap size swimming pool and state of the art fitness center. Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Coarsegold, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was for just 2 nights. This hotel is very convenient for Ohare. The shuttle for pickup/drop off is prompt. The driver is friendly. This is also close to CTA station, restaurants,offices. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The room was large and comfortable. It could use some remodel,but it was still comfortable.The rate was very reasonable for all that we received. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark B,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! People really love having our free shuttle that goes to the airport and CTA Blue line and use it all the time to go downtown. The staff works extremely hard to be the friendliest hotel in Chicago and it is always a pleasure to see when customers acknowledge their behaviors.

Our hotel is always looking to improve because we know if we are not trying to improve then we will be moving backwards. Thank you so much again for the kind review and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Mattoon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went there for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We checked in around 8:30pm and the person at the front desk, Esmerelda, was very helpful and super nice! We had suite 400 on the fourth floor that was very clean. The bed was pretty comfortable as was the sofa in the room. It could have used one more trash can over by the sink in the bar area and the air conditioner was really loud but it kept the room very cool. I did notice the wallpaper was coming off the wall under the bathroom sink as well. And for a suite that bathroom could have been bigger.

The breakfast bar was great. There were cheese omelets, sausage, pancakes, bagels, warm cinnamon rolls and more. The juice came out of a fountain and it was pretty watered down. But there was milk and coffee along with hot tea and just regular water if you so desired. The woman keeping it stocked was very friendly and made sure nothing was ever out.

We would definitely stay here again. Great job Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Kim B,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! We try our very best to have the cleanest and friendliest hotel around and it is nice to see that we met that expectation for you. There can always be room for improvement and when we go through our next renovation we are going to look at address the bathroom sizes.

The breakfast is amazing and I truly do enjoy it and it makes me happy to see that most guest love it just like you. I looked into the juice machine and I think it was low on product which is why the juice came out a little more watery. I appreciate the feedback!
Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!