“Great for an airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Great for an airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed one night only and feels right. Just what I was looking for. Secure, comfort, cleanness and affordable price. Also they have airport shuttle so you don't have to take care about taxis. The breakfast is good for the price (included). Staff are very kind.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Robertocjp,

I am glad we were able to meet all your needs while staying at the hotel. The breakfast is a signature for all Holiday Inn Expresses and I am glad you were able to enjoy it. Hopefully, next time you will be able to stay a little longer and enjoy some of the other amenities we have like our indoor pool or fitness center.

We also have a shuttle that will drop you off at the blue line train which runs to downtown Chicago which is a nice feature if you want to sight see.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Clean but small room and small bathroom. Good free breakfast. Very helpful staff, directed us to shuttle, train, bus. Free shuttle to/from airport. Airport is hub for catching train to downtown, etc. Very convenient for tourists.

• Stayed September 2013
DebbieInHouston,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and am happy you enjoyed your stay. The staff works extremely hard to become one of the cleanliest and friendliest hotels around and it is nice to see that there effort is paying off.
A lot of our customers love how easy it is to get to downtown from the hotel and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hope you have a wonderful week!

Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were checked in by Esmeralda who was very welcoming. The room was very clean and beds comfortable. The complementary breakfast which consisted of pastries, omelettes, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit and yogurt was just what we needed to start the day. The food was constantly replenished by the very friendly staff. We would certainly stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Slimjudith,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! Esmeralda works mainly our night shift because she does a wonderful job interaction with the customer of the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with her and commend her for her efforts.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our Smart Breakfast and noticed the hard work the breakfast attendants do while replenishing the food. They work extremely hard in there and take great pride in putting out great food guest love.

Hopefully, the next time you are here you will be able to take advantage of our lap size swimming pool and state of the art fitness center. Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Coarsegold, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was for just 2 nights. This hotel is very convenient for Ohare. The shuttle for pickup/drop off is prompt. The driver is friendly. This is also close to CTA station, restaurants,offices. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The room was large and comfortable. It could use some remodel,but it was still comfortable.The rate was very reasonable for all that we received. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark B,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! People really love having our free shuttle that goes to the airport and CTA Blue line and use it all the time to go downtown. The staff works extremely hard to be the friendliest hotel in Chicago and it is always a pleasure to see when customers acknowledge their behaviors.

Our hotel is always looking to improve because we know if we are not trying to improve then we will be moving backwards. Thank you so much again for the kind review and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Mattoon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went there for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We checked in around 8:30pm and the person at the front desk, Esmerelda, was very helpful and super nice! We had suite 400 on the fourth floor that was very clean. The bed was pretty comfortable as was the sofa in the room. It could have used one more trash can over by the sink in the bar area and the air conditioner was really loud but it kept the room very cool. I did notice the wallpaper was coming off the wall under the bathroom sink as well. And for a suite that bathroom could have been bigger.

The breakfast bar was great. There were cheese omelets, sausage, pancakes, bagels, warm cinnamon rolls and more. The juice came out of a fountain and it was pretty watered down. But there was milk and coffee along with hot tea and just regular water if you so desired. The woman keeping it stocked was very friendly and made sure nothing was ever out.

We would definitely stay here again. Great job Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Kim B,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! We try our very best to have the cleanest and friendliest hotel around and it is nice to see that we met that expectation for you. There can always be room for improvement and when we go through our next renovation we are going to look at address the bathroom sizes.

The breakfast is amazing and I truly do enjoy it and it makes me happy to see that most guest love it just like you. I looked into the juice machine and I think it was low on product which is why the juice came out a little more watery. I appreciate the feedback!
Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've stayed at different Holiday Inn Express across the country and this was the worst of them all. I'm not saying the hotel is bad, just not as good as the ones i've stayed at in the past. The rooms were ok, but I was dissappointed that there wasn't a microwave or refrigerator and the bathroom was extremely small. I had to stand to the side to close the door plus the sink was located in the corner of the counter with the electrical outlet on the other side by the door. Oh, there was a small red stain on my bedsheet. The front desk clerk did replace it within a reasonable amount of time which was good.

As usual, the breakfast was outstanding and I just love the cinnamon rolls! Unfortunately though, I don't think i'll be staying here again on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Trippin4sho,

Thank you very much for the review for the only way we can improve is having loyal guest like you letting us know. I am sorry you feel like we are one of the bottom tier Holiday Inn Express; we try extremely hard to ensure all customers are satisfied. We have two IHG Reward floors that have microwaves and fridges and then we keep quite a few on the side for anyone that requests a microwave and fridge.

When we go through our full renovation we will be looking at our bathrooms and how we can improve them to better suit all guest staying at the hotel. I am happy to see that my staff reacted quickly to your concern and made it right for you.

Breakfast is the staple for the Holiday Inn Express Brand and I am glad to see that we met that expectation for you. The cinnamon rolls are fantastic and it is hard to only eat just one.

Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel prior and following a trip to Canada. Their shuttle service was great. It runs every 15 minutes. The room was well appointed and quiet. The staff was very accomodating. There is a restaurant next door that service a full menu. Prices were good and so was the food. The next time I fly out of O'Hare, I will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Bucketlisttravel0519,

First off, I love your name for Trip advisor!! I am glad that during your quick stay with us you were able to enjoy some of the amenities we have to offer. If you are in the area again for a longer stay we also have an indoor pool, fitness center, and game room. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Thank you once again for the kind review and hope you have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!