“don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Tecumseh, Canada
“don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Arrived at hotel at 2PM. Hotel would not let us check in until they had a room (s) ready, we told them we had to go to Wrigley and would not be back till late, and were told we could leave our luggage there even though we weren't checked in. After some discussion they were able to get us a room (even though we needed 2), this was a start, the room they checked us into was already occupied (they checked us into another room, this time not occupied, hehehehe). So at least we were able to freshen up and head to the PJ concert at Wrigley, we were told the other room would be ready and held till 2am, still would not check us into room). The concert ended up with a 3 hour delay cause of a storm and ended a 2am, during the delay we called the hotel and explained our situation and they said the room would be held for us. We got back to the hotel a little after 4AM and the room we were told would be held was gone and all they had was dirty rooms and were checked into a dirty room.

The front desk was of no help whats so ever from the minute we got there.

The only benefit that came was that they did not charge for the use a DIRTY room and gave us extra priority points.

Was what we got in return worth it ... NO!!! Management of this hotel should be embarrassed by how their guest were treated. I WOULD NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Beemerma,
Thank you so much for the review and I truly do apologize for the inconvenience you had. I unfortunately have no idea of seeing who you are so if you could please email me or call me I would greatly appreciate it so I can look into what happened. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515. Once I get more information I can see how we failed and try to make it right for you. There was obviously some sort of miscommunication and the staff was trying their best to make it right for you by not charging you for the room and offer up points for the inconvenience.
I really do look forward to hearing from you and figuring out what happened and how the miscommunication happened. Thank you again in advance and have a wonderful rest of the week!
Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Auburn, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this hotel, since it is so close to O'Hare, but was pleasantly surprised. It is quiet, clean, and convenient. There were a few little problems (wrong room, no fan in bathroom). And the rooms were clean, but could use a little sprucing up (especially the bathroom). TV selection was very limited, and there was no guide at all, pretty hard to keep flipping around. Otherwise, it was not bad. There is a Continental breakfast and also a restaurant next door for other meals.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Mannheim Road
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Travelgubbie,
Thank you so much for writing a review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the staff. You stated that the TV selection was very limited; could you please email me or call me and give me a little more feedback? I know we have over 50 channels and 22 of them are HD but there is always room for improvement and would like to hear a little more from you. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We chose this hotel because it is close to the Rosemont Arena, where we were attending a concert. We drove from Milwaukee & stayed 7/19/13. Check-in is at 4pm. We arrived at 4:15pm & had to wait 30 min. for our room key. Once we got to our room 417, our key wouldn't work. Went back to the front desk & had it re-keyed. Then as we were sitting in room & getting ready..about 30 min. later, another hotel guest walked into our room with her key!!! She had just been given our room! I've never had someone else walk into a hotel room where I was staying! We went to dinner & the concert and when we got back our key didn't work once again. Had to go get it re-keyed once again. Also, there was a HORRIBLE smell in the hallway area of our room! The only positive was the close distance to the arena and the continental breakfast was pretty good!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Heather S,
I do apologize about the inconvenience you had during your stay at the hotel, I can assure you that is not the norm here. If you can email me or call me so I can get your information and try to make it right for you I would greatly appreciate it. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Again, I do apologize about the issues you had and look forward to speaking with you so I can make it right for you.
Dysart, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We needed a hotel near the airport because we were sending our daughter off to Germany. Had two rooms booked and our parties checked in at different times with no difficulty. Front desk staff were exceptional. Very helpful with advice and maps to take the train into town to catch up with others in our party. Used the free shuttle to go to the train and back and forth to the airport. Shuttle staff were also very helpful and fun. We need to head back to Chicago at the end of the month to pick our daughter up from the air port and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
DawnRN66,

Thank you very much for the kind words and I will be sure to share your feedback with everyone of the hotel and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonderful week!

LHR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

2nd visit to this property after a number of years and despite my reservations regarding the lack of Bar / Food in the evenings - Coprate policy dictated the stay. However happy to report its as clean, comfortable and welcoming as experienced before and what is lacking - Bar etc, is more than short walking distance. One downside however was returning on a Friday evening to see the lower lobby/reception swamped with local Rosemont police as a function there had obvioulsy got out of hand..sure it happens but you don't want to see squad cars and polce dogs in full voice after returning from a night out - wouldn't do its reputation any good..but overall a good place and would return. Free Parking is a bonus givenn other establishments in close proximity charge...recommended and if I was asked if its worth staying there for a short break.

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from where the Cleaning staff locate their supplies - they like to start earl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OverlandandseaLhr,
Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I completely agree with you that coming back to your hotel and seeing police squad cars at the hotel is not very appealing and hopefully it shows that we as well as Rosemont Police Department take the safety and security of all guests to the upmost importance. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at this location due to a cancelled flight and I was given a voucher to a holiday inn but your property wasn't the correct one But Esmerelda and Freddie where very helpful abfo ccommodating that rthey llowed me to stay at this location using the same voucher. I'm very greatful to have met such amazing people that show concern for others in desperate situations. I will most definitely come back to this location and look for those 2.

• Stayed July 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
jthompson27,

Thank you very much for the kind review and I will be sure to share your feedback with both Esmeralda and Freddie and also commend them for their efforts. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a wonderful week!

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived at ORD very late at night so we stayed at this hotel for one night. Pay attention to the shuttle driver because we didn't and ended up at the other Holiday Inn in Rosemont. Make sure your shuttle is for Holiday Inn Express in Rosemont. Because I was accidentally at the other Holiday Inn, I can tell you that this Express location is MUCH newer and cleaner.
The room was clean and spacious, totally adequate for a short stay. The bathroom was nice, but didn't have a fan. The check-in staff was courteous and we spun a wheel for a small prize. Free breakfast had muffins, yogurt, juice, coffee, eggs and sausages.
Shuttle back to the airport blue line was convenient. I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
ekswl,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!!

SIncerely,

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!