“Great hotel with large room and good facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Shanghai, China
“Great hotel with large room and good facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall it's a great hotel value for money. Close to airport (10 mins driving), large room, good facilities (indoor pool, e-game room for children, gym, borading pass printing), reasonable variety of breakfast. Small bathroom, no bottle drinking water in room or drinking water available in the lobby. Shuttle bus only available every half an hour.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
adwangling,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it!! I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the staff and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Grand Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We used the park, stay, and fly option. We stayed the night before and the night we returned from an international trip. Rooms are clean, beds very comfy, and is close to O'Hare. We will stay here again when we fly.

• Stayed June 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
DanMeg1,
Thank you so much for writing a kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Centerville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here during a trip from Ohio to Wrigley for a ball game. Near alot of restaurants and not bad priced. Room was very clean and the service was very good. Parking was secure and we would stay there again!!

Room Tip: Get the King size bed!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Yeomans 1984,
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My parents, husband, and I used the Holiday Inn Express as our base for a two night stay in the Chicago area. Our weekend activities took us all over the area, including the suburbs, a Cubs game, and downtown, and we found the hotel's location and easy access to the highways to make it possible to fit everything into our full weekend schedule. My husband flew into O'Hare Friday evening, and the hotel's proximity to the airport to pick him up was definitely a plus.

During our stay, all four of us took advantage of the fitness room. When compared to fitness rooms at other hotels, this fitness room wins hands down. I have never stayed at a hotel with as large a fitness room as this one, nor with the variety of equipment that this one has. So if a fitness room is important for your stay, I highly recommend this hotel. Was the equipment in perfect working condition? No. But I've become accustomed to finding well used equipment in hotel fitness rooms and have pretty low expectations when it comes to getting as good of a workout at the hotel as I would at my home gym.

As for our rooms themselves, they were average. The only complaint I have is the size of the bathrooms. There was basically no counter space, but fortunately the large desk and TV stand/dresser made up for it. It just would have been convenient to have more counter space in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kathyrn T,
I am very happy to see you enjoyed our fitness center!! We try to get new equipment every couple of years because we know when people travel that working out is extremely important. We are due for a pretty big renovation here in a couple of years and the counter tops in the bathrooms are one of the areas we will improve. Thank you once again for writing such a kind review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chicago!
Milton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Decided to try this hotel again as it is convenient to O'Hare & has one of the best park n fly rates. Check in was good, & I was acknowledged as a priority club guest, & spun the wheel to receive 500 bonus points. No water or special food was given as is done in some Holiday Inn's for being a priority club member. The room was nice & clean. Our wake up call NEVER came, so luckily we had set our cell phone. Breakfast was timely this trip, though the "omlette" was horrible... Please make scrambled eggs, not processed omlettes with processed cheese inside...Our trip to & from the airport was at scheduled times, so nice to see the improvement!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Karen B,
I want to thank you very much for giving us another chance to show our improvements that were made since the last time you stayed with us. We have put a lot of emphases on taking care of the customer and it is nice to be able to show the staff that their hard work is paying off.
I can understand your comment regarding the eggs and to be honest I get mixed reactions regarding both the scrambled eggs as well as the omelet. I have guests that love the scrambled eggs and others that love the omelets. We try to rotate them on a regular basis to meet everyone’s needs.
Thank you once again for the review I truly do appreciate it and if there is anything I can do for you regarding the hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful week!!
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As good an 'airport hotel' as I have experienced. Excellent link to and from O'Hare, top quality staff, first class facilities in room and scrumtious breakfast. Alright, other hotels might have more 'character' but this one did exactly what it said on the tin and did it very well indeed.

Room Tip: The lowe the floor the better, so I am told.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ron E,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the staff. Have a wonderful week!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

On July 13, 2012 I had my wedding here in the penthouse ballroom it was the most beautiful and elegant day of my life. The ballroom is very spacious with enormous chandeliers and of course the view was spectacular especially at night. The food was not only work of art it was to die for NOT your typical bland wedding food Victoria Banquets is located within this hotel & will make sure you don't have to worry about ANYTHING! Did I mention they are VERY affordable & willing to work with you. We obviously stood here on our wedding night plus an additional night our suite was very spacious clean & comfortable easy check in & out breakfast was delicious. My husband even brought me here for birthday this past June & as always good service & clean rooms I highly recommend this place for Any occasion from weddings, quincerra to just an overnight get away this is the place where you don't loose. Can't wait to go back for my anniversary! :)

• Stayed July 2012
Nulywed2012,

Thank you so much for the very kind review I truly do appreciate it and want to say thank you as well for choosing the Holiday Inn Express O'Hare to have your wedding. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire staff and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonder week!

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!