“Ticked all boxes” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Ticked all boxes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As good an 'airport hotel' as I have experienced. Excellent link to and from O'Hare, top quality staff, first class facilities in room and scrumtious breakfast. Alright, other hotels might have more 'character' but this one did exactly what it said on the tin and did it very well indeed.

Room Tip: The lowe the floor the better, so I am told.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Ron E,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

On July 13, 2012 I had my wedding here in the penthouse ballroom it was the most beautiful and elegant day of my life. The ballroom is very spacious with enormous chandeliers and of course the view was spectacular especially at night. The food was not only work of art it was to die for NOT your typical bland wedding food Victoria Banquets is located within this hotel & will make sure you don't have to worry about ANYTHING! Did I mention they are VERY affordable & willing to work with you. We obviously stood here on our wedding night plus an additional night our suite was very spacious clean & comfortable easy check in & out breakfast was delicious. My husband even brought me here for birthday this past June & as always good service & clean rooms I highly recommend this place for Any occasion from weddings, quincerra to just an overnight get away this is the place where you don't loose. Can't wait to go back for my anniversary! :)

• Stayed July 2012
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Nulywed2012,

Thank you so much for the very kind review I truly do appreciate it and want to say thank you as well for choosing the Holiday Inn Express O'Hare to have your wedding. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire staff and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonder week!

Volcano, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at noon after a long flight from London, but checkin isn't until 4. Our room wasn't ready, no surprise, but Manager Adam cheerfully upgraded us to a junior suite that was available immediately. It was large and comfortable. Breakfast next morning was excellent. Good hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
jphoover,

Thank you so much for the kind review; it truly was a pleasure talking with you and I am glad you were able to post a review about your experiance. Have a wonderful week!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed July 2012
Nulywed2012,

It is such a pleasure to hear that we exceeded your expectations from every aspect starting from service to banquets. Victorias does a nice job with their weddings and it is nice for them to such a pleasant review from you. I will be sure to share your feedback with them and the rest of the staff. Have a wonderful week and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here one night with a 7 night park and fly option. It was a very clean hotel and the staff were very helpful. If you are looking for a very good park and fly option, this may be worth your while in looking into for future bookings. Nice free breakfast included with the hotel stay and wireless access for free.

Room Tip: Nice park and fly option at a reasonable rate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mparker,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Anchorage, AK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had an early morning flight at the end of a business trip, and I picked this Holiday Inn Express over the other hotels in the area. I didn't arrive until 11:30pm. The check-in process was very quick and the manager was very friendly, but during the process, somebody called the front desk complaining about the noise from a wedding reception that was going on. I was on the 8th floor, so the noise did not affect me. Room was spacious and fairly clean. Plenty of towels. I did notice a few issues right away. TV did not get any channels. When I looked at coaxial cable, it was damaged and not repairable, but somebody had tried to fix it with electrical tape. Due to the time of day, having no TV was not a big deal. The cold water came out fine, but the handle of the faucet was broken. Hotel had free Wifi.

The hotel sold snacks and drinks next to the lobby, and there is a McDonald's across the street.

I mentioned the broken cable for the TV during check out, and was told their "engineer" would look at it. There is a free shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes, so I took that to O'Hare. Even with the issues, I would probably stay here again because of the reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
owt_u,

Thank you very much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and will ensure our Chief Engineer talks with his staff. Thanks once again and have a wonderful week.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed during the first week of June. A number of positives and negatives. We had to switch rooms late one night as there was smoking in another room that backed-up through the bathroom vent. According to the staff, this happens occaisionally and is a major defect in ventilation design/cleanliness. The staff was very accomodating with the late night move and follow-up the next day - great work by them. The airport shuttle makes runs to the airport every 1/2 hour and also drops at the Blue line that goes downtown. The pool was clean and smaller kids seemed to enjoy the fountain in the kid pool.

Room Tip: Seventh and eighth floors have small frig/microwave.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Louis320,

Thank you so much for the review and recognizing one of the associates that works here. The staff tries extremely hard to go above and beyond and it is nice for them to see that it was noticed. I will be sure to share your feedback with Brittany. Have a wonderful weekend!

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!