“Holiday Inn Express - Very Nice Park and Fly” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
“Holiday Inn Express - Very Nice Park and Fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here one night with a 7 night park and fly option. It was a very clean hotel and the staff were very helpful. If you are looking for a very good park and fly option, this may be worth your while in looking into for future bookings. Nice free breakfast included with the hotel stay and wireless access for free.

Room Tip: Nice park and fly option at a reasonable rate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
mparker,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Anchorage, AK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had an early morning flight at the end of a business trip, and I picked this Holiday Inn Express over the other hotels in the area. I didn't arrive until 11:30pm. The check-in process was very quick and the manager was very friendly, but during the process, somebody called the front desk complaining about the noise from a wedding reception that was going on. I was on the 8th floor, so the noise did not affect me. Room was spacious and fairly clean. Plenty of towels. I did notice a few issues right away. TV did not get any channels. When I looked at coaxial cable, it was damaged and not repairable, but somebody had tried to fix it with electrical tape. Due to the time of day, having no TV was not a big deal. The cold water came out fine, but the handle of the faucet was broken. Hotel had free Wifi.

The hotel sold snacks and drinks next to the lobby, and there is a McDonald's across the street.

I mentioned the broken cable for the TV during check out, and was told their "engineer" would look at it. There is a free shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes, so I took that to O'Hare. Even with the issues, I would probably stay here again because of the reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
owt_u,

Thank you very much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and will ensure our Chief Engineer talks with his staff. Thanks once again and have a wonderful week.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed during the first week of June. A number of positives and negatives. We had to switch rooms late one night as there was smoking in another room that backed-up through the bathroom vent. According to the staff, this happens occaisionally and is a major defect in ventilation design/cleanliness. The staff was very accomodating with the late night move and follow-up the next day - great work by them. The airport shuttle makes runs to the airport every 1/2 hour and also drops at the Blue line that goes downtown. The pool was clean and smaller kids seemed to enjoy the fountain in the kid pool.

Room Tip: Seventh and eighth floors have small frig/microwave.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Louis320,

Thank you so much for the review and recognizing one of the associates that works here. The staff tries extremely hard to go above and beyond and it is nice for them to see that it was noticed. I will be sure to share your feedback with Brittany. Have a wonderful weekend!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed May 23rd before flying out to Jamaica for 7 days. No problems, room was clean, car was secure for 7 days. Shuttle was on time. Just what we needed. Did not use the pool but it looked clean and well maintained. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Weluvdr,
Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful weekend!
Waterford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have traveled all over the US, Canada and Europe and have stayed at many IHG properties.
Brittany today went the extra mile to help me with reservations next week at this property.
She should teach how to great others working the front desk.

Room Tip: Great hotel super nice Holiday Inn Express sort of like the one in Krakow Poland
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Louis320,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with Brittany and the rest of the staff. Have a great week!!

San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel doesn't benefit the Holiday Inn Express brand. The building is modern and clean. All of the basic requirements are here. But the staff at the reception desk clearly hates their jobs and has little regard for its customers either. They do their jobs competently but make no effort to be friendly. The rooms are adequate and reasonably comfortable. The Internet service is awful, making this hotel undesirable for business or tourism. I recommend this hotel if you're catching an early flight out of O'Hare or if a flight cancellation leaves you stranded. It serves as a decent place to sleep, but nothing more. Do not plan to stay more than one night because you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Cjn60,
Thank you very much for the review we truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is if customers like you let us know. I do apologize about the experience you had with my front desk staff. My staff tries their hardest to take care of every guest and it is upsetting to hear that we failed you. If you could do a favor for me and please email me or contact me via phone so I can find your reservation and see who was working so I can help coach that associate. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was OK for one night stay before taking an early morning flight.
The room looked decent for the price, although the wall was so thin that I could hear a lot from next door.
The place is near the airport, so there is constant noise from busy traffic too. Also, there is not much available within walking distance.
What was worst though was the front desk staff. They totally ignored me in front of them for good 10 minutes, while chatting with another guest and taking in other guests who came in later. I raised my hand and asked for help, and one of the staff finally noticed me. That kind of set the mood for the rest of the stay.
Not too bad facility wise, but definitely one of the worst stays I had at Holiday Inn/Express.
Overall the hotel works for short stay, but I will probably choose something else next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Localhost8,
Thank you very much for the review we truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is if customers like you let us know. I do apologize about the experience you had with my front desk staff. I can assure you it is not normal to have comments like this regarding my staff and if you look at past reviews we normally rank very well with customer service. If you could do a favor for me and please email me or contact me via phone so I can find your reservation and see who was working I would appreciate that. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!