“Solid Value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Solid Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed during the first week of June. A number of positives and negatives. We had to switch rooms late one night as there was smoking in another room that backed-up through the bathroom vent. According to the staff, this happens occaisionally and is a major defect in ventilation design/cleanliness. The staff was very accomodating with the late night move and follow-up the next day - great work by them. The airport shuttle makes runs to the airport every 1/2 hour and also drops at the Blue line that goes downtown. The pool was clean and smaller kids seemed to enjoy the fountain in the kid pool.

Room Tip: Seventh and eighth floors have small frig/microwave.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Louis320,

Thank you so much for the review and recognizing one of the associates that works here. The staff tries extremely hard to go above and beyond and it is nice for them to see that it was noticed. I will be sure to share your feedback with Brittany. Have a wonderful weekend!

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed May 23rd before flying out to Jamaica for 7 days. No problems, room was clean, car was secure for 7 days. Shuttle was on time. Just what we needed. Did not use the pool but it looked clean and well maintained. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Weluvdr,
Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful weekend!
Waterford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have traveled all over the US, Canada and Europe and have stayed at many IHG properties.
Brittany today went the extra mile to help me with reservations next week at this property.
She should teach how to great others working the front desk.

Room Tip: Great hotel super nice Holiday Inn Express sort of like the one in Krakow Poland
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Louis320,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with Brittany and the rest of the staff. Have a great week!!

San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel doesn't benefit the Holiday Inn Express brand. The building is modern and clean. All of the basic requirements are here. But the staff at the reception desk clearly hates their jobs and has little regard for its customers either. They do their jobs competently but make no effort to be friendly. The rooms are adequate and reasonably comfortable. The Internet service is awful, making this hotel undesirable for business or tourism. I recommend this hotel if you're catching an early flight out of O'Hare or if a flight cancellation leaves you stranded. It serves as a decent place to sleep, but nothing more. Do not plan to stay more than one night because you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Cjn60,
Thank you very much for the review we truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is if customers like you let us know. I do apologize about the experience you had with my front desk staff. My staff tries their hardest to take care of every guest and it is upsetting to hear that we failed you. If you could do a favor for me and please email me or contact me via phone so I can find your reservation and see who was working so I can help coach that associate. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was OK for one night stay before taking an early morning flight.
The room looked decent for the price, although the wall was so thin that I could hear a lot from next door.
The place is near the airport, so there is constant noise from busy traffic too. Also, there is not much available within walking distance.
What was worst though was the front desk staff. They totally ignored me in front of them for good 10 minutes, while chatting with another guest and taking in other guests who came in later. I raised my hand and asked for help, and one of the staff finally noticed me. That kind of set the mood for the rest of the stay.
Not too bad facility wise, but definitely one of the worst stays I had at Holiday Inn/Express.
Overall the hotel works for short stay, but I will probably choose something else next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Localhost8,
Thank you very much for the review we truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is if customers like you let us know. I do apologize about the experience you had with my front desk staff. I can assure you it is not normal to have comments like this regarding my staff and if you look at past reviews we normally rank very well with customer service. If you could do a favor for me and please email me or contact me via phone so I can find your reservation and see who was working I would appreciate that. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Honey Brook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Brittany & Sam were fantastic making sure my stay was perfect! The weather in Chicago stranded me in the city for the evening, but with their help I was directed to great restaurants, and help with travel information for tomorrow. They are very knowledgeable with all the attractions in the area, and very articulate with their language making the information delivered accurate eliminating any problems. I wish all associates at your hotels were this perfect!

Room Tip: I have only been to this hotel one time, but my room faced the airport, and the room never experienc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stewart S,
Thank you very much for the feedback I will be sure to share your comments with Brittany and Sam and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We choose this hotel while visiting Chicago because the Magnificent Mile and the Loop were sold out that weekend and because we got a decent fare, including the parking and breakfast. The hotel is kind of far from downtown, but you are roughly one hour away by hotel shuttle and Blue Train. The shuttle runs every half an hour and the train every 5 minutes, and both are reliable. One side of the hotel is relatively noisy, overlooking a highway, but the air conditioning can generate some white noise (you may still need ear plugs). Aside that, there was no noise form the hotel itself. The other issue was the mattress. We had a king bed, but the mattress was reacting to every move; usually a king bed absorbs pretty well the movement – not this one. The breakfast is fairly good (instant omelet, sausages, Philadelphia cheese and healthier options). The hotel experienced a power outage during a storm, but managed very well the situation. In the morning, they brought coffee from Dunkin donuts and fresh orange juice. Everything else was under control on generators.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa815,
Thank you very much for the review we truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is if customers like you let us know. Could you please email me or contact me via phone so I can find your reservation and figure out which room you stayed in so I could replace that bed? My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
I appreciate you understanding the situation with the power outage it truly was a stressful time for everyone and we did everything in our power to try and make best with the situation at hand. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!