“Giood for ORD overnight” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
USA
“Giood for ORD overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel turned out to be a good choice for what we needed. On NYE we wanted an inexpensive place to stay by the airport, before heading out to the city for a few days. Note, because of the holiday, hotels everywhere tacked on anywhere from 30-100$ to their rates. While I don't believe this was worth the inflated price we paid, it is definitely worth their normal daily rate. So I really can't fault the hotel for capitalizing on the available premium. And there is added value for staying at this property. There is a complimentary shuttle that picks up from the airport at :15 and :45, and leaves the hotel on the hour and at :30. Check in personnel were efficient and friendly. Our room on the 4th floor was quiet, as promised, but had no view to speak of, and the exterior glass was grungy. Soundproofing is excellent. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Great selection of TV channels. Spotless bathroom, good bath amenities and eough towels. Wireless internet in the room was free, which was great, but slow, which was not. We did check out the pool area and fitness center. Both were nice although the pool was a little cold, not that you could tell with all the kids/families enjoying it, along with the adjacent shallow toddler pool. Breakfast is also included in the room rate. It's a basic breakfast bar with coffee, tea, juice, bread, cinnamon rolls, cereals, milk, oatmeal, and a few hot items such as egg/cheese omelettes and sausage. Definitely enough choice for anyone to start their day. There were 3 of us, I had cereal, another had a hot breakfast, and the third was content with toast, oatmeal and tea. Strong coffee was available from the breakfast bar and also closer to the lobby. After breakfast, we took the shuttle back to the airport to get the CTA into downtown Chicago. Since we were only there overnight, dinner wasn't a concern however it looked as though there were dining options to the right of the hotel within walking distance. We did not check them out so can't comment. Good to know there is something nearby, though, with no restaraunt on the premises. We would choose this hotel again in a similar situation, and I'm betting they do a brisk business getting misconnected O'Hare passengers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
ALASKA,

Thank you very much for your feedback I truly do appreciate your extensive review. It really helps give people an idea of the hotel and surrounding area before deciding on where they might stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff of the hotel. Thank you once again and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in regards to the hotel. Have a wonderful week!

Your Friends at the Holiday Inn Express O’Hare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Even tho today was really busy because its January 1st, the day after New Years Eve there was an employee who managed to well assist me. Her name was Jean. I was very glad that I came to stay at this Hotel. Great service!

• Stayed January 2013
Jair25,

Thank you very much for the kind words and positive review. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and let them know the job they are doing. Once again thank you and have a wonderful week!

Evans Mills, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is easily accessible and has quick access to the many entertaining areas. The hotel is also in close proximity to the air port. The staff is very polite, courteous and places a joyful experience for the residence of the hotel above all else. I personally had dealings with staff member Samantha Krawitz who was very chipper and upbeat and had an infectious smile. along with her counter part adam, they made my stay worry free. The hotel has many extras designed to make the guest stay more relaxing and enjoyable such as pool, gym, laundry room, self service store, and a transport shuttle just to name a few. The hotel and rooms were very clean and orderly and direct reflection of the professionalism of the hotel management and staff. I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: slight noise from the planes taking off, to be exspected considering location by the airport.
Scott_A_12_12,

Ganmukhuri, Zestap'onis Raioni, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel because my flight from Milwaukee was canceled. To get there, I took the shuttle, which was a bit crowded, but only because there had been many cancellations that night. I had no trouble with the front desk, and I was soon collapsed on my bed, sleeping for the first time in nearly two days ...

The room had good accommodations, including it's own coffeemaker. What I loved best, however, was the impressive array of options for the Continental breakfast (I tend to be a big fan of continental breakfast, you see). The girls helping set out the breakfast were incredibly friendly, which surprised me given how busy it had been that morning (several hundred people came through).

I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's easy in any job to do just enough to get by. Jean and Maria, if you are curious about what people really think of Holiday Inn and you read through these reviews, I would like to say "thank you." When you miss your flight or your flight is cancelled, it can be easy to get disheartened, so when the service of the hotel you are placed in at a discount rate is good, it's very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
James D,

Thank you very much for the thoughtful and kind words regarding the hotel and some of the staff members. I can assure you they will be rewarded for being recognized by you! Thank you once again for the kind words and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you regarding my hotel in the future. Have a safe and Happy Holiday!!

Best Regards,
Your Friends at the Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was there for less than 12 hours. Not a bad place to rest and catch a flight. Really liked the shuttle to/from O'Hare. The shuttle was there when I left the baggage claim. There are every 30 mins. shuttles. I wasn't able to enjoy the continental breakfast as I needed to leave at 6:30 a.m. and on the weekends the breakfast wasn't open until 6:30 a.m. I was able to grab an orange and cup of coffee. I was able to rest well and was surprised at the lack of noise from the planes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Rubybobk,

Thank you very much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share you feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful holidays!!

Ormelle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Holiday Inn Express O'Hare was my first choice for 2 night stay in the area or Rosemont.
5 minutes connection to O'Hare airport via free hotel shuttle, affordable prices, very large rooms with all services (including a big flat HD TV).
Fitness centre and pool available 24/7, nice personnel at the reception.
There are 2-3 restaurant at walking distance (1 minute far from the hotel building).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fabiozan,

Thank you very much for the kind words; I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff! Have a wonderful holidays!!!

washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night after flying in from the West Coast. I was heading to Europe the next day. The hotel shuttle was convenient and drivers were nice. The room was clean and quiet. I was able to get a good night's sleep. Breakfast was okay. They were doing some work in the lobby the next day and after I had to check out I was going to wait in the lobby for awhile until I needed to get to the airport. The smell from whatever chemicals they were using was terrible and I decided I would rather have a long wait at the airport than get a headache. That was the only thing that spoiled the short visit a bit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Gotravler,

Thank you very much for your feedback I truly do appreciate it! I do apologize about the smell in the lobby on the day of your check out. We were getting the Terrazzo floor refinished and the smell was very strong. Thank you for being so understanding and if there is anything I can do for your regarding my hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!