“Will pay more for Harry Cary next time...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Milton, Wisconsin
“Will pay more for Harry Cary next time...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We travel out of O'hare on most trips as it is cheaper than Milwaukee or Madison, Wisconsin. We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years...The shuttle to return to our car has been a problem the past several trips, taking between 30 minutes to over 1 hour to pick us up at the airport. There is always an excuse... On this particular stay, Nov. 1st. we asked for a 5:45am wake up call. Instead, the call came in at 3:45am and I was unable to get back to sleep, afraid that the call wouldn't come at the appropriate time and we would miss our flight...We went down for breakfast at 6am only to be delayed for 10 minutes as they weren't prepared. We had to catch a 6:30am shuttle to the airport, so had to eat in a rush... The Holiday Inn & Suites, across the street is about $20.00 more per night with park & fly. It doesn't offer breakfast in the morning as part of the hotel pkg. but their shuttle has never been a problem. I will pay more and bring breakfast with me in the future.

Room Tip: It is nice to have breakfast included if they were prepared to serve at 6am as posted...The return s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Rphnd,

Thank you very much for the feedback for the only way the hotel can improve is by having guest like you let us know the areas for improvement. I apologize about the shuttle issues you had the past couple of times; I know the shuttle runs continuously to and from the airport starting at 4am and the last run at 12:45am. We pick up at the bus/shuttle center on the 15 and 45 of every hour. The only reason I can see us being late or not running exact time is to get gas in the shuttle. If you are coming internationally then you have to call the hotel so the shuttle can pick you up.

The breakfast was completely my fault and I apologize. We did our best to get everything out by 6am but unfortunately a couple of the items need to cook longer to ensure they meet the appropriate temperature to serve. But like I said it was my fault with the scheduling and I do apologize and it will not happen again.

If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to let me know my email is amiller@hieohare.com. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is just what you need for an overnight stay at the airport. Great value large rooms and a reasonable free breakfast with hot and cold options. The airport shuttle is also free and efficient within a short drive of the terminals. The service was welcoming and efficient
We found the direct rate with the hotel to be significantly cheaper than hotels.com rate.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
lawrence_97,

Thank you for filling out of a review I truly do appreciate it! I will share your feedback with the staff and if there is anything you need from my hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Central Michingan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

OK, it's a Holiday Inn Express, you know the room will be clean and similar to every other Holiday Inn around the country. What made this one memorable was the incredibly helpful and friendly front desk staff. We reported that the faucet handle was loose and before we even left the desk, they were making a call to maintenance.

Hubby said the cinnamon rolls on the breakfast buffet were the best he's ever had in his life -- and he eats a lot of cinnamon rolls!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StxSheila,

Thank you very much for the kind words I truly do appreciate it!! I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Janesville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a very average Holiday Inn Express. The location is very convenient to O'Hare and their shuttle is very efficient. The lobby and public areas look like they have been renovated, but the contemporary look of these areas is quickly lost when you get to the guest rooms. The rooms are tired and are in need of some loving care. Overall, the hotel is clean and a very average choice if you are in need of accommodations near O'Hare.

Room Tip: Stay off the 2nd floor, the noise from the banquet rooms is very apparent as soon as you step off th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
youthdirectorWI,

Thank you very much for the feedback we truly do appreciate it. We are making changes to our rooms and hopefully if you come back you will start seeing some of them. Have a wonderful day and please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything from the hotel.

MÉXICO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

About the building and amenities:
It look like new when you get inside but when you arrive to your room you realize it is not. We were on second floor so we had not listen the noise that the party that was happening in the top floor of the hotel was making. Neither the noise of the freeway.... The room had no micro and no mini fridge. Was clean , but the curtains were gray!! no white, so need urgently cleaning. The Gym was great ! very complete and with a lot of space. We did not use the pool but it look ok.
The breakfast area was huge! and all the time the people of the hotel was filling the food area, it was clean.
Shuttle service was excellent! I don´t remember the name of the driver, and I don´t want to sound racist but he was a tall skiny africanamerican man... he was so polite, so gentle, so helpful.

In front desk Jordan was son nice and helpful, always smiling and in great mod. Definitely the best of the hotel are the people working on it.
The rooms need to be renovated.
Short drive to the airport

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in floors 1-3 to avoid noise from the events and parties on the top floor of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Alnl99,

Thank you very much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! We do not have microfridges in all our rooms but if requested we can bring one to your room at no charge. I will ensure our front desk does a better job of communicating that to our guests. The sheers are gray and are older but we just placed and order to replace all the sheers in the hotel which should be installed in a matter of weeks. We are making improvements each year to our rooms and hopefully next time you come you will see some of the differences.

I will be sure to share your positive comments about Willy our shuttle driver and Jordan the front desk agent. I know they work extremely hard and like to hear the positive comments guest leave about them. Thank you once again for the feedback!!

Highland, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was mostly updated as you expect from other Holiday Inn Express locations. The bed was great and I slept soundly - which is the most important thing for me when I'm traveling. The hotel isn't quite as new as some of the other Holiday Inn Express locations I've stayed, but it was pretty good. My main complaint is that the bathroom didn't have a ventilation fan - a problem with many older hotels. Other than that I thought it was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Erich P,

Thank you very much for the kind words I will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff. Have a wonderful day!!!

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I must admit that I was getting quite concerned after reading all the reviews but my experience was quite acceptable. After a long transatlantic flight I wanted to stay near ORD before flying out next morning and the location was perfect.
International travellers please note that the hotel shuttle does not come to terminal 5 routinely. I sent couple of e-mails to the hotel to find out the pick up arrangements but never received any reply. Contacted Expedia who contacted the hotel and confirmed that I had to go to 5 E and ring the hotel to arrange a pick up. There are some payphones as soon as you come out after baggage collection. I used my mobile to make a quick call, went through couple of options and shuttle arrived within 10 minutes.
It would be nice if the hotel shows some interest in responding to e-mail queries from future guests.

Now this is a HI express and not Ritz so one has to be realistic about the level of service. I was surprised when I asked for a bellhop and was told there were no bellboys and we would have to put the bags on a luggage cart ourselves and take it up. Now some people may find that odd but it was perfectly acceptable to us and it was not a very long and tortuous journey to our room. There was hardly a queue at 4 PM Saturday for check in.

There were 4 of us ( kids 12 & 7) and I was glad that we could all fit into one room. It's getting more and more difficult to find family rooms accommodating 4 without paying extra nowadays. The room was of decent size with nothing fancy but everything working well. A/C slightly loud but not too bad and quite efficient.

I have heard about those dreaded wedding parties but we did face any problems with rowdy guests or noise. Perhaps it was wedding free weekend. After a visit to the Millennium Park and a dinner with a friend we all slept like babies. The black out curtain and firm beds certainly helped.
The breakfast is standard HIE affair. The quality of food was not something to drool over but there were decent options, both veg & non-veg and the food was acceptable. We were there @ 8 am and it was not crowded although I saw it getting much busier by the time we left.
Machine made pancakes and bagels were a bit disappointing. May be just us, as we are not great fans of pancakes & bagels. I wished there were a better selection of breads, something continental would have been nice.
The wifi was working but slow in my room. They have 2 dedicated computers in the lobby where you can check in and print out the boarding passes very easily.
The shuttle back to ORD was a medium size van. There were not many too board at 10 Am but I can see that this may be a problem in busy times with many waiting to board at the same time. A cab should cost you about $12.
You don't get Priority Club points if booked through third party.
I had limited interaction with the staff. They were professional if not overtly welcoming. Again not an issue with me. The shuttle driver was certainly a friendly and helpful guy and did not even linger around for a tip. What a change !!

So perhaps not a mind blowing experience but overall a good value for money and I won't hesitate to come back again for a one night stopover when flying through ORD.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Supratik,

Thank you very much for your review! I think your review is very fair and appreciate the honesty regarding the hotel. I did have one question regarding the email you sent to the hotel; what email address did you send email too? As you see I respond to every Tripadvisor review and can promise you I respond to every email I receive from customers, so it is very disappointing to hear that you never received and email back regarding the shuttle. We also have a much bigger shuttle that we use but at slower times during the day we will use the smaller shuttle.

My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7500 ext. 7515. Once again thank you very much for the review and if you need anything please do not hesitate to let me know! Have a wonderful day and rest of the week!!

Adam Miller

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!