“HUGE portions of very good food!” 5 of 5 stars

5445 Park Place, Rosemont, IL
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Greek
Knoxville, Tennessee
“HUGE portions of very good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I very much enjoyed the "big fat greek restaurant". The portions are huge. We went as a group of 6 adults and ordered 3 appetizers to share (calamari, saganaki and greek meatballs) - we were unable to even finish those not to speak of the following entrees. The gyro is very good. One word of caution: I am not sure anybody greek actually works here; the waiters are mostly American. When I ordered the "Gyro pita" they brought me the meat pizza - Make sure to point out what you want on the menu. They have outside seating and a good selection of greek and other wines. Definitely worth a try!

Visited September 2013

Central Florida
“Great Food - Go there Hungary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Was in Rosemont for business two weeks ago. I was told by a friend that there were some new restaurants in a area across from a theater. My friend and I started searching for this area and found it quickly. We surveyed the different restaurants in the area and chose My Big Fat Greek for dinner. A great choice. I could barely eat what they brought to the table. The portions were huge and super. If you are in Rosemont, stop by this place for a wonderful meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Somewhat authentic Greek, but the food was tasty. try the mezze plates, hummus, tsaziki, scoralia. Wish they had a grilled fish menu. Good value, great staff.

Visited August 2013
Elgin
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Saturday evening dinner after Comic Con. Place pretty much empty at 6pm. Had me worried. Other restaurants in the immediate area were full.What I found was very good Greek food. Restaurant was filling up by the time we were leaving. They did have a lady dancing which was interesting.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“GREEK FOOD FIT FOR GREEKS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am part greek and I have to tell you that the food here is like my Mother makes. As any Greek can validate, to say their food is as good as Mama's food is the highest compliment you can pay!

Visited July 2013