“Better than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Pinch, WV
“Better than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband came in for lunch on a Thursday afternoon. No crowd. Waitress was very attentive, she even told us the Stanley Cup was next door to run and see it before we ordered. Thought that was pretty cool.

49% Recommend
AKRON, OH
“Cool place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stopped in while in town for a business conference on a Tuesday evening. It has a lot of space so it seemed to not be very busy. The service was good. Got to meet Frank Thomas former MLB player with the Chicago White Sox. He even took time to take a picture with me and my coworkers.

“Cool restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food is good - inexpensive but tasty. It's a really big place but I would definitely make a reservation. It seems to be one of the most popular restaurants in the area. The service was very good. We didn't stay for the live music but I believe there are bands most weekends. We will definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Carpentersville, Illinois
“Big and bold”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We expected a big busy and fun bar and that is exactly what we got. We went there to drink and listen to music. I was pleasanty surprised that they had champagne-like drinks and rumchatta. We went around 8PM and left around 10:30 to visit the other bars in the area. I will go back on girls night out. There were different age groups and styles of dress. A few folks were dancing when the band played.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Should have saved our time/money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm not sure where to begin with this review. This was our first time checking out a Toby Keith I Love This Bar restaurant. When we walked in I was impressed with the look of the building. We could tell it had to be a fun place for the weekend nights. Our visit was at 2 pm on a rainy (more like deluge) Saturday afternoon. To be a bit picky - and serve as a warning to some families - I was not expecting the server/host attire. I had no idea they were a Hooters/Tilted Kilt wanna be chain. I am sorry but there were some, one host in particular, who should NOT have been wearing the daisy dukes she was. Call me whatever but when I am paying good money for crappy food, I at least do not want to be looking at skanky attire of girls that shouldn't be squeezing into it. I would never take kids, especially teens, here. (P.S. I'm 29 so if I say it's nasty, it's probably nasty)

When we arrived, we were seated at a booth per our request and our server was quick to greet us and return with our non-alcoholic drinks. That was where the speedy service ended. It took her 15 minutes to come back to take our order, which included an appetizer. The potato skin appetizer that we ordered took another 15 minutes to reach our table and when they did, the portions and taste do not justify the $8.99 price tag.

For our meals we ordered the American (soldier ?) burger and the chicken fried chicken dinner. The burger and fries were average. It's hard to mess up a basic cheeseburger but still a tad overpriced for what you get at $10. The CFC meal was $14.99 and not worth it. I asked for the gravy on the side and while it had an ok taste, the gravy was much more soupy than creamy. The chicken was ok. The mashed potatoes had a very "old" look to them. You know the crusty dingy look that mashed potatoes get when they've been sitting and reheated a bunch of times? That was what they looked like. As for taste, they were again, ok. The corn on the cob was atrocious though. Ugh, it was disgusting. It was waterlogged, mushy, and bland. I took one bite of it and didn't touch it again.

When our server came back to check on us at the end of the meal she brought our check with her. We actually wanted to take the triple chocolate brownie (supposedly made with Ghirardelli chocolate) to go. We told her to make it to go and we gave her our card to close out the tab right away, as at this point we had been sitting in a chilly restaurant, completely soaked for over an hour and just wanted to get going. She came back with the check and then...nothing. 15 minutes go by and I manage to flag down a hostess and ask her if she could find out from someone where the dessert was. She said she would and then never came back to follow up - and neither did our waitress or anyone else. After yet another 15 minutes, I finally got up and went to the front host stand and asked to speak with a manager. The girl gave me some attitude and when the original hostess that I asked for the brownie from joined her to say yes there was a problem. She got the manager who basically didn't care and only offered to take the brownie off the bill but when I said that our card had already been authorized for the full amount said, "well I will redo it, the funds might be tied up for a couple days though." Ummmm, tying up another $50 of mine is not acceptable. (Oh and he never took the brownie off, I just checked my bank account). I went back to my table where the dessert was waiting with my husband and we left. The funny thing is, the brownie was disgusting. There was maybe a half a scoop of crappy vanilla bean ice cream on top of this brown sponge square. That's all I can describe it as. Brown sponge. It tasted and looked like a sponge.

The final kicker is that we didn't know how the parking validation worked so by the time we tried to exit the parking garage, we found out we had to validate the ticket back at the restaurant. We were so frustrated that we just paid the $13. Yes, we could have gone back inside but it was pouring and there was no way to not get further drenched. Every server should be asking their customers if they need to validate. That's just crappy service. We will never go back. There are so many better restaurants in the area - especially for the money (and I'm a native of that area).

• 3 of 5 stars Food