“Right on the Money” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newport Beach
“Right on the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Recently, I have been traveling all over for work and I have to say that this hotel definitely made me feel comfortable. From the easy airport shuttle to the comfy guest rooms. How do I get my hands on some of that bedding?!? Anyway, this was not a typical gross airport hotel, which was a nice change! Not only did our meeting run on clock work we also had time to hang out in their bar with tons of t.v.'s and great deep fried shrimp. I would recommend this place to my family it was so good.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Torpoint, Cornwall, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

Nice place, very comfortable. Ticks all the boxes, easy parking, clean and spacious rooms. Friendly staff. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare and I could not believe it was the same property that I had been in about 7 years ago. The whole hotel has been completely renovated and looks like a brand new property. The guest room we were in had a lot of space, great amenities and a large flat screen TV. All of the employees that we came into contact with were very friendly and went out of their way to be sure that we were having a good experience. Sometimes airport hotel properties are not looked highly upon due to location, but I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in the O'Hare area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

To be honest, after reading many of the negative reviews on this website, I was kind of scared as to what I might find upon arrival at this hotel. I booked this hotel about a month ago through priceline for $49, which seemed like a pretty good deal for a four-star hotel.

My first impression of this hotel was that it was HUGE (this could partly be because of the fact that this is considered a convention hotel, and my main purpose of stay was for leisure). However, after spending 15 minutes just searching for the check-in desk I finally received my room key and headed upstairs. As I entered the room, I was very impressed by both the size of the room and the view. The windows were curved and made up the entire back wall of the room. I've stayed in a lot of nice hotels, but this really impressed me. Also, the bathroom was quite nice and included both a marble sink and a marble shower (this was also a nice touch).

A few negatives I have to say about the hotel goes along with what others have said (how it sucks that they charge $20 for parking and $ for internet). Also, the neighborhood wasn't the best (as we were walking to the subway we noticed a syringe on the side of the street). Also, if you are not familiar with the chicago subways -- make sure you have exact money for subway passes as the machines cannot give you change. Another downside was the proximity of the hotel to the airport (we could hear the sound of planes over our room -- it wasn't horribly annoying but it was definitely noticeable).

All in all I give this hotel a perfect rating (not only for the amazing hospitality, but also for it's convenience to the subway and the ridiculously low price).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Laurium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

we got a $50/night deal off of priceline. would not recommend. they must have a section of the hotel that is for the people who don't want to pay full price(which I understand now is not a good idea) the lobby, hotel was beautiful when we walked in. however, after we checked in they pointed us not towards the elevator, but a staircase that we had to haul our luggage up. we then opened the door to a very small room. bed linens terrible- not even a fitted sheet. towels looked washed but stained dirty. wrappers left in room from last guests. moral of the story: don't use priceline to stay at this hotel. Rated 4-5 stars, but as I said they have a 1 star section hidden away for these type of deals! p.s. parking is $20/night even if you are hotel guests!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

The lobby area was very nice. The staff was very helpful and the room was comfortable. I had a balcony. It was a beautiful day so I spent some time there. Room service is expensive. 22% gratuity automatically added to your bill plus $3 delivery. Overall it was a good experiience except for security interupting my dinner to warn me to hold down the noise and I was in a non-smoking room. It wouldn't have been such an issue if ihe would have been quick but he insisted on lecturing me for something I wasn't doing while I was on the phone. My dinner was cold by the time he finished. The boarding pass screens by the front desk were not working properly.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago,il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

I travel to chicago often for business throughout the year. I normally book my rooms on priceline and I'm always happier when I can stay at one of the HYATT hotels. I like the hotel rooms alot- their rooms are always modern looking, cozy and spacious!!! I like their beds are very soft and plush. Sometimes the staff isn't always as friendly but for the most part I never have any real issues or problems with the hotel staff. The one thing that is annoying about the hotel is the pricey room service first of all the food really isn't all that great for it to be so expensive but for convenience most of the time I end up ordering something off the room service menu. Umm...for some reason whenever I do stay at the HYATT it always seems to be on a very busy weekend when theres some big social event going on : Wedding, Convention, banquet etc so sometimes its a little annoying when its very crowded and difficult to get from place to place because theres so many ppl trying to go all over the hotel and use the elevators etc. But for the most part I like the hotel it does have a lot of nice ammenties fitness room, business center, nice restaurant, gift shop/ coffee shop etc

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!