We stayed here because a conference I was attending and speaking at was held in the hotel's ballroom. I cannot speak regarding the value because we got a discounted rate of $125/night, which I thought was very reasonable.
Let's get the cons out of the way: We stayed on the seventh floor in a tower room. It was pretty small for a hotel room, but we spent very little time in the room and didn't care. There is a ton of aircraft noise being close to O'Hare and the planes on one flight path fly by your window (literally) every few minutes. This definitely slows down sometime between 9pm-5:30am which was fine by us. I wore the provided earplugs and despite the noise, it was kind of neat to lie in bed and watch the planes in the morning.
There is no pool. That is a bummer and surprising for such a large hotel.
The shower is ridiculously tiny. It is a stall only and ladies, there is no way you could shave your legs in there because your face is right up against the wall of the shower enclosure. The entire bathroom is on the smaller side.
The pro's: So about the shower...it was the best water pressure I have ever had...anywhere and it felt like heaven. It pretty much made up for the size of the shower, but only if you can go 3 days without shaving!
The rooms are immaculately clean and maid service is excellent. The decor is nice and I found the contemporary style appealing. I cannot say enough about the comfort of the bed/pillows, especially for people with arthritis issues. That was worth the room alone.
The front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful. We had never been to Chicago and they did up maps for us for how to get to Navy Pier via the subway, etc. We were also allowed to check in SEVERAL hours early which was great.
The restaurant there is to be commended. I eat a special diet, including grass-fed meat when possible, and I ate the best lunch there. Seriously, it was fantastic and I would have eaten there several more times if I didn't have other places to check out. The bar was nice as well.
The shuttle bus service to and from the airport is exceptional. On time and the drivers are super-friendly and helpful.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine from around the country. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel