“Conference Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belchertown, Massachusetts, United States
“Conference Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed here because a conference I was attending and speaking at was held in the hotel's ballroom. I cannot speak regarding the value because we got a discounted rate of $125/night, which I thought was very reasonable.

Let's get the cons out of the way: We stayed on the seventh floor in a tower room. It was pretty small for a hotel room, but we spent very little time in the room and didn't care. There is a ton of aircraft noise being close to O'Hare and the planes on one flight path fly by your window (literally) every few minutes. This definitely slows down sometime between 9pm-5:30am which was fine by us. I wore the provided earplugs and despite the noise, it was kind of neat to lie in bed and watch the planes in the morning.

There is no pool. That is a bummer and surprising for such a large hotel.

The shower is ridiculously tiny. It is a stall only and ladies, there is no way you could shave your legs in there because your face is right up against the wall of the shower enclosure. The entire bathroom is on the smaller side.

The pro's: So about the shower...it was the best water pressure I have ever had...anywhere and it felt like heaven. It pretty much made up for the size of the shower, but only if you can go 3 days without shaving!

The rooms are immaculately clean and maid service is excellent. The decor is nice and I found the contemporary style appealing. I cannot say enough about the comfort of the bed/pillows, especially for people with arthritis issues. That was worth the room alone.

The front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful. We had never been to Chicago and they did up maps for us for how to get to Navy Pier via the subway, etc. We were also allowed to check in SEVERAL hours early which was great.

The restaurant there is to be commended. I eat a special diet, including grass-fed meat when possible, and I ate the best lunch there. Seriously, it was fantastic and I would have eaten there several more times if I didn't have other places to check out. The bar was nice as well.

The shuttle bus service to and from the airport is exceptional. On time and the drivers are super-friendly and helpful.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of our Hotel. We are very pleased to her that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. Please be advised that we have several different room types available on property and some of them have much larger bathrooms than others. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and guarantee we will find a better room that suits your expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed on 3rd floor of Executive wing on 4/26. Excellent accomodations, excellent staff, close to the Blue Line L station, very pleased with my stay. Someone complained about the long walk to the Executive wing - I timed it from the front desk to the Ex. wing elevators and it was less than a minute and a half walk . Executive wing was quiet except for 6am-7am on Sunday am, jet noise. The complimentary ear plugs were comfortable and effective. Excellent all you can eat brunch was $15+tax prearranged with the front desk. The Blue Line into downtown is under repair on weekends for some length of time, check the CTA website as you are required to leave the trains and take shuttle busses between closed stations.

Room Tip: Through Priceline selecting 4*, O'Hare South was $58 bid, one week away
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of of our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

After a long travel day we were given a room that must have been part if construction add-on. After taking the elevator we had to haul our bags up a long flight of stairs to a cramped room. We asked for a rollaway for our daughter which had sharp uncomfortable springs and was worse than sleeping on hard ground. We asked for a room change and were moved at 1 am after having to repack our bags. After barely 5 hrs of sleep, when we checked out, nothing was noted on our account. The desk clerk offered a perky "hope you enjoyed your stay! " at checkout. Apparently nothing was ever noted about the bad room or condition of the rollaway . There are much better hotels near O'Hare airport, stay away from the Hyatt.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to reach out to the Hotel directly so we can address your concerns directly.
Great Falls, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I arrived late Easter Sunday night and were warmly welcomed by the Valet. When he found out that we had previously stayed at this Hyatt, he said, "Welcome home!" And that is what the Hyatt felt like, especially after the manager on duty, Daniel, upgraded us to the VIP Suite! In addition to a comfortable, clean spacious bedroom, we had the Suite, with a large dining table, wet bar area with microwave and refrigerator, two large lounge areas, a large screen TV and separate 1/2 bath.

For those who need their Starbucks, just head to the lobby. Very friendly and helpful employees! Best Fitness Center of any hotel we have visited, with up to date machines (with internet access) and TVs, weights, mats, cold water, towels, and earphones. Even though earplugs were provided next to the bed, I didn't need them. Free airport shuttle was very convenient.This is one hotel we will always remember and smile!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Oconomowoc, Wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room was small, lots of traffic and plane noise. I would not pay their rates to stay there again. The room was clean and decorated nice but nothing special for price. Stayed there for a conference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your information regarding your recent stay with us. Please feel free to reach out directly to the Hotel to discuss your concerns.
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a good old hotel that has held its own well and is a top hotel, by any standards.

The service was great. The Red Room is very nice, with fireplace, good food, good beer, great service and lots of friendly travelers.
Conference facilities are great and if you like good breakfast and lunch, you will be hard pressed to do better.

The rooms are a bit breezy - they have sliding doors that do not seal well in the deep Chicago winters - but, the rooms are very nice, clean, comfortable and modern.

Cannot emphasise enough how nice the staff and management were. It was a pleasant stay and I will definitely come back again when the opportunity arises.

One last point.- I would have expected such a large hotel to have a swimming pool. That was a disappointment, but, still a very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding our guest rooms. We will make sure to pass this information onto our Engineering Department so we can make improvements in the future!
South Pole
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently stayed here, and not by choice- our airline stranded us in Chicago overnight, so they put us up in this hotel. And I'll say that despite the inconvenience, staying here was better than camping out in the hotel. The hotel and grounds are great. My room was very nice, very clean and comfortable.

But I had a very bad experience with service which will deter me from ever staying here again. Despite it being early evening when check-in times are at their busiest, there were only two employees working the front desk (with one of them servicing only club members and VIPs). Since we were booked last minute by the airline, we couldn't use the automated kiosks. It took a half hour before I made it to the front desk. And when I was finally at the desk and was in the middle of my check-in process, some random "VIP" type customer walked up to the employee that was helping me and started complaining about something. That employee then asked me to hold on while he helped this other guy who decided he was too good to have to wait in line like everyone else. I waited another good 15 minutes (the receptionist literally asked me to "please stand aside and hold on while I help this other gentleman") while this rude VIP person got whatever the heck he wanted. When I finally restarted my check-in, the receptionist didn't even apologize for putting me on hold mid-transaction.

I can't imagine a more rude way to treat a guest, or poorer form of customer service. I was essentially shown that as a guest of the airline, I was not worth their time or consideration. Just terrible. Since I'm in the area regularly for business, I will never stay here again, and I will asked to be booked elsewhere if the airline needs to provide me a hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your information regarding your recent stay with us. We are very disappointed to hear about the recent stay you had at Hyatt Regency O'Hare. We will use the feedback you provided us as a good training opportunity to better train our associates and ensure great customer service to all of our guests despite the reason for being there. We hope we have the opportunity to show you our improved customer service in the future!

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!