“not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oconomowoc, Wi
“not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room was small, lots of traffic and plane noise. I would not pay their rates to stay there again. The room was clean and decorated nice but nothing special for price. Stayed there for a conference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your information regarding your recent stay with us. Please feel free to reach out directly to the Hotel to discuss your concerns.

964 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a good old hotel that has held its own well and is a top hotel, by any standards.

The service was great. The Red Room is very nice, with fireplace, good food, good beer, great service and lots of friendly travelers.
Conference facilities are great and if you like good breakfast and lunch, you will be hard pressed to do better.

The rooms are a bit breezy - they have sliding doors that do not seal well in the deep Chicago winters - but, the rooms are very nice, clean, comfortable and modern.

Cannot emphasise enough how nice the staff and management were. It was a pleasant stay and I will definitely come back again when the opportunity arises.

One last point.- I would have expected such a large hotel to have a swimming pool. That was a disappointment, but, still a very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding our guest rooms. We will make sure to pass this information onto our Engineering Department so we can make improvements in the future!
South Pole
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently stayed here, and not by choice- our airline stranded us in Chicago overnight, so they put us up in this hotel. And I'll say that despite the inconvenience, staying here was better than camping out in the hotel. The hotel and grounds are great. My room was very nice, very clean and comfortable.

But I had a very bad experience with service which will deter me from ever staying here again. Despite it being early evening when check-in times are at their busiest, there were only two employees working the front desk (with one of them servicing only club members and VIPs). Since we were booked last minute by the airline, we couldn't use the automated kiosks. It took a half hour before I made it to the front desk. And when I was finally at the desk and was in the middle of my check-in process, some random "VIP" type customer walked up to the employee that was helping me and started complaining about something. That employee then asked me to hold on while he helped this other guy who decided he was too good to have to wait in line like everyone else. I waited another good 15 minutes (the receptionist literally asked me to "please stand aside and hold on while I help this other gentleman") while this rude VIP person got whatever the heck he wanted. When I finally restarted my check-in, the receptionist didn't even apologize for putting me on hold mid-transaction.

I can't imagine a more rude way to treat a guest, or poorer form of customer service. I was essentially shown that as a guest of the airline, I was not worth their time or consideration. Just terrible. Since I'm in the area regularly for business, I will never stay here again, and I will asked to be booked elsewhere if the airline needs to provide me a hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your information regarding your recent stay with us. We are very disappointed to hear about the recent stay you had at Hyatt Regency O'Hare. We will use the feedback you provided us as a good training opportunity to better train our associates and ensure great customer service to all of our guests despite the reason for being there. We hope we have the opportunity to show you our improved customer service in the future!
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived late and were very tired. Check-in was a breeze. The bell-hop was kind and courteous. The room was absolutely gorgeous. Of all the higher-end hotels we have stayed in, we always measure them by the Hyatt at O'Hare. Everything was right. Yes, there is usually something to complain about -- but not at this place. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Forest City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The classic Hyatt design is surpassed by the customer service. I love this layout with the open lobby that extends to all floors. I was here for a business meeting. Their customer service was outstanding throughout.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

we stayed overnight at this hotel for a funeral nearby. the hotel is very modern looking but their computers were down when we checked in and there was a long line. our room was nice and clean but they charge an arm and leg for things like parking, internet, and breakfast. there is also alot of noise from the airport. we probably would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are disappointed to heart that you were unhappy with certain aspects of your stay. Please feel free to reach out to the Hotel directly so we can better assist you and ensure a more comfortable stay with us in the future.
Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 5 day stretch (4/11 thru 4/15) to attend a continuing education conference for my profession. The grand ballroom where the continuing education lectures were held was great. There was not a bad seat in the ballroom. The video screens displaying the presenters' slides were clearly seen from any seat in the room. The audio was great also--no glitches w/ the presenters' microphone. My room was in the "Executive Wing" of the hotel. I was on the 25th floor. The view from my room was of the highway, train station, and a parking garage (not stellar). The room itself was comfortable. I heard ZERO noise from the neighboring rooms and only occasional noise from the main floor hallway. The hotel has no swimming pool. The town where the hotel is located (Rosemont, Il) has few convenient options for dining. Almost 95% of my meals I had to eat at the hotel dining options which added up costs quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. Next time that you are in Rosemont you should check out the MB FInancial Park at Rosemont that has several dining options within walking distance of the Hotel. There are also several other restaurants nearby that our concierge would be more than happy to help you book a reservation at!

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!